Author Topic: Immortality at All Costs.  (Read 2270 times)

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
Re: Immortality at All Costs.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 12:36:46 PM »
I've got news for you too.  Being age 70 with 5 million in the bank no will remember you either.  Nor 10, 20, 30, 40 mill.  What you'll have to show at this age will be a splendid residence (or two), a very nice muscle car , and a 30 something gold-digging mistress.  You can enjoy this in your weaken, testosterone deficient, frail body knowing every day leads to great rx drug use and more doctor visits.  In time, your familia will have you committed to a retirement home.  It is here, a cruel person will beat you and steal you pain meds & your kids visititations will become less and less frequent until they only show up on major holidays.

None of us are going to live forever.  Given the above is the most likely scenario (minus the millions) for most people on this board, I think I'll choose to take some hormones and make the best of what time I've been given on this Earth.  Dead at 68 from hormones or diapers in a care home at 80?  You decide.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
I'd be mildly surprised if there is a year 3000 for the human race.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 02:18:34 PM »
This is one of the stupider threads I've read here in a long time.

hahaha, yea right....you are just mad at something I must have said in some debate with you. Get over it.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »
Hey dude!Whats up? Its not like you.
You are too philosophical this time. ;D

;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »
I'd be mildly surprised if there is a year 3000 for the human race.

me too. I wonder what will do it, a virus, asteroid who knows.  Or maybe God will finally reveal who the chosen people really are and kill the rest of us.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 02:35:29 PM »
i've thought the same thing for years. once you're even in one musclemag, your achievements are documented in hundreds of thousands of magazines and the chances of  a few copies being around in a few centuries is quite realistic. Fulgore's post is correct as well, "all your money can't another moment buy". even many rich people when dead are only remembered by their relatives, most of whom feel they got cheated in the will. the thought of some person 3 hundred years from now seeing a mag with your physique in it and being impressed is pretty awesome.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »

There's another route....kill a whole bunch of other people, instead of killing yourself (as a pro bodybuilder)  ;)

You'll be remembered....  ;D
just not good enough

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
Everytime someone is being talked about for being "special" their will be many other people showing you why he/she is not...Its all relative..

If a man has 100million dollars and he believes he is special or unique...Someone will show him a magazine with the names of thousands of other people that have just as much money as him...