Author Topic: Cruise and Customs  (Read 1835 times)

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
Cruise and Customs
« on: February 03, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »
Goin on a cruise during the first of march and just curious about the customs, I know they have dogs and ask questions when coming back in the country but I was curious as to how strict they were in relation to airport customs if there is any difference at all??

4thAD

Re: Cruise and Customs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »
No difference customs is customs! They will search your shit if they feel the need.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:22:12 AM »
I understand that, but on my last cruise (which was pre-darkside) I wasn't paying too much attention to the customs or to what they were looking for etc. all I remember is that they are just like "Ok, Anything we should know about being brought in illegally" and other such things as to feel you out and decide whether or not you might be hiding something ya know.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
I wouldn't do it if I were you. Too risky (IMO). Besides would you really want to get busted in front of your friends & family?

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
I wouldn't do it if I were you. Too risky (IMO). Besides would you really want to get busted in front of your friends & family?

Not only that, but gear is not that hard to find. Why do these crazy questions keep coming up about guys wanting to personally smuggle gear through customs. It is so not worth the risk. Just my 2cc's

sempron20

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 03:55:13 PM »
ya man...personally i wouldnt do it if i were u...not worth it :(

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »
Not only that, but gear is not that hard to find. Why do these crazy questions keep coming up about guys wanting to personally smuggle gear through customs. It is so not worth the risk. Just my 2cc's

Agreed.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:26:41 PM »
coming back from bahamas (no juice there) at the port in miami they have this little beagle that sniffs your bags.

i think they asked us if we braught back and plants, fruits, veggis etc.  no physical check but this was before 9/11.

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
  • Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
i went on a cruise last August to mexico and if you can carry your bags yourself you can get off the ship early at 7:00 there were so many people in line to get off i didn't see them check a single person i was kinda pissed i didn't buy anything . but its not worth it when you can get what ever you want right here in the US.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »
Customs and the whole borders gangs have gone ballistic post 9/11.
It aint like the old days when a suit, tie & haircut would walk your ass thru anywhere untouched.
No No No- today they digging around in old Granny's bras and handbags.

My advice? Leave it to the Pros.

Minihulk

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »
Do they check you in the process of getting on the cruise ship... To say if I wanted to take some gear with me cause I was in the middle of a cycle!
"Overdone.."

TEJAS SLIM

• Getbig II
  • Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:30 AM »
Getting on the ship you have to walk through a metal detector and your bags will go through the ex-ray thing.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 06:57:21 AM »
At the airports they doin those wipes, and the big Mega-Scan/ Smash-O-matic  Bag destroyer machine.

4thAD

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
Customs and the whole borders gangs have gone ballistic post 9/11.
It aint like the old days when a suit, tie & haircut would walk your ass thru anywhere untouched.
No No No- today they digging around in old Granny's bras and handbags.

My advice? Leave it to the Pros.

Or just order international!