Author Topic: .  (Read 2955 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: QUESTION - Problem with Knees
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »
Alright Getbiggers,

I'm looking for a little help on a problem I recently started having.  My knees are getting a lot of pressure and pain in them when I squat down. 

About 2 months ago I slammed my foot down on the ground and kind of hurt my knee.  Knee hasnt felt the same since.  Now my other knee is feeling the same way.  Pressure when I bend into a squat movement. 

I didnt lift for about 3 weeks, but the pressure remains even when doing a squat with no weight.

When I do squats with weight, the pressure feels the worst when I have light weight, then as the weight gets heavier, the pain and pressure seem to be less noticeable. 

Any ideas on what the problem is, and also possible solutions.  Ive never had any knee problems in the past, and am still young, so I dont know of what would have caused it all of a sudden besides the slight injury I had a couple months ago, but that still doesnt explain both knees having hte problem now.

Thanks.

Just as a general question when was the last time you bought new athletic shoes?  Sounds like it could be more than that but my knee(s) start to hurt when it is time for new shoes. 

Sometimes it's as simple as new shoes...I hope that is the case for you

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=88487.0
R

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »
Shoes and cycling and rest and stretching seem to be the predominant "prescriptions" here. All inexpensive  home made remedies here, but hardly a mention of a visit to a doctor's office!

But if someone with knee problems made an appointment with an appropriate doctor, would that doctor recommend anything otherwise? And what would it cost for that 'sage' advice?

Rinc

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
Warm up properly and take 500mg of glucosamine sulfate 4x's a day, worked for me.
Mr. O 09' Jay Cutler