Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113886 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
vin,how did u develope into such a great poser,how do find routines and good music to keep it going so long without posing the same or same music.i think your presentation overall is what seperates u from most advanced competitors.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
vin,how did u develope into such a great poser,how do find routines and good music to keep it going so long without posing the same or same music.i think your presentation overall is what seperates u from most advanced competitors.

i really liked watching posing routines of frank zane, bob paris, lee labrada, and even milos.

routines came easy....but the mandatories are practiced just like training, 3 x a week for up to 1 hour starting at 8 weeks out.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »
i remember reading ur dad bought your 1st weight set,what does he think about that purchase after all these yrs,he must say sometimes he must have been crazy lol..what do they think of all u been thru and all the sacrifices to hit ur goal of pro status?ur mother probably wanted to kill u missing some sunday macaroni meals lol...

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2009, 07:37:15 AM »
i remember reading ur dad bought your 1st weight set,what does he think about that purchase after all these yrs,he must say sometimes he must have been crazy lol..what do they think of all u been thru and all the sacrifices to hit ur goal of pro status?ur mother probably wanted to kill u missing some sunday macaroni meals lol...

my dad just turned 80, and i know that he was happy to see me reach my goal,he loves what i do and brags to his friends when im in a magazine, and my mom is just always pissed that i dont eat her gravy on sundays during precontest...lol

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »

my dad just turned 80, and i know that he was happy to see me reach my goal,he loves what i do and brags to his friends when im in a magazine, and my mom is just always pissed that i dont eat her gravy on sundays during precontest...lol

thats great ,there is always 2 people that start what a person becomes great or not and thats mom and dad.what pro past or present gave u the most advice and who did u meet in person that made u say wtf,that guy is unreal.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »
thats great ,there is always 2 people that start what a person becomes great or not and thats mom and dad.what pro past or present gave u the most advice and who did u meet in person that made u say wtf,that guy is unreal.

shawn ray gave me the best business advice, and craig richardson has been giving me advice in how exciting everything will be when i hit the stage for the first time.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2009, 07:53:47 PM »
shawn ray gave me the best business advice, and craig richardson has been giving me advice in how exciting everything will be when i hit the stage for the first time.

cool.props and not for nothing u were considered a pro in my book even tho u just got your pro card.what u showed on stage all those yrs was more than just that card.richardson is great too,very underated imo.sometimes i don't see what the judges see or think,whatever,keep plugging.lets keep this thread alive,i'll try.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2009, 06:03:52 AM »
vin,each bodypart of course needs different attention but still what is the rep ranges u try to hit now,esp considering keeping joints in check,break down simple each bodypart.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
vin,each bodypart of course needs different attention but still what is the rep ranges u try to hit now,esp considering keeping joints in check,break down simple each bodypart.

i have been doing HIT training since August, and having a great offseason.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »
i have been doing HIT training since August, and having a great offseason.

EXAMPLE.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »
EXAMPLE.

i have been doing 3 sets per exercise:

12 reps...warm up
6 reps
to failure

dumbbell bench press:

90lb dumbbells 12 reps

115lbs 6 reps

125lbs depending on the day...6 to 9 reps

been training like this for a few months, and the last 2 weeks we trained for reps to give the joints a break.
but this week we are not training at all...time to rest the body.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »
i have been doing 3 sets per exercise:

12 reps...warm up
6 reps
to failure

dumbbell bench press:

90lb dumbbells 12 reps

115lbs 6 reps

125lbs depending on the day...6 to 9 reps

been training like this for a few months, and the last 2 weeks we trained for reps to give the joints a break.
but this week we are not training at all...time to rest the body.

thanx for answer bro,read article in flex ,i'm probably last loser to get it in mail lol.....i think its good mag imo,anyway great article,great pics bro,and my training question was answered there i guess,u probably modify it now and then,its almost a carbon copy of what i do,reps,exercises,i found also at 40 higher reps feel great and pump is unreal ,i do at least 1 failed set 6 reps or so on tail end of most power movements,otherwise 10-12 sometimes 15 ,but good heavy weights ,form a must.the leg workot outlined is exactly how i do it ,i love training legs and love higher reps ,on them,they grow better and get better seperation that way,thanks vin for the info always....

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2009, 07:26:54 AM »
thanx for answer bro,read article in flex ,i'm probably last loser to get it in mail lol.....i think its good mag imo,anyway great article,great pics bro,and my training question was answered there i guess,u probably modify it now and then,its almost a carbon copy of what i do,reps,exercises,i found also at 40 higher reps feel great and pump is unreal ,i do at least 1 failed set 6 reps or so on tail end of most power movements,otherwise 10-12 sometimes 15 ,but good heavy weights ,form a must.the leg workot outlined is exactly how i do it ,i love training legs and love higher reps ,on them,they grow better and get better seperation that way,thanks vin for the info always....

when i was training for the masters nationals, i only had training partners on leg day, and i did not push heavy weight in general as i usually had no spot.

but right now...since August, been training full time with a training partner, and i been doing the HIT style. training heavy and very intense.
but at 41, my warmup's are very long. i usually warmup the supporting muscle groups,  and the main area i'm training that day for about 15-20 min before i get into it.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2009, 06:16:49 AM »
when i was training for the masters nationals, i only had training partners on leg day, and i did not push heavy weight in general as i usually had no spot.

but right now...since August, been training full time with a training partner, and i been doing the HIT style. training heavy and very intense.
but at 41, my warmup's are very long. i usually warmup the supporting muscle groups,  and the main area i'm training that day for about 15-20 min before i get into it.

cool,i'm trying some of that style that u mentioned a bit,but u know old school mentality lol...i'm glad your able to still do what u love to do,as well as myself still train and live for it into 40's .

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
cool,i'm trying some of that style that u mentioned a bit,but u know old school mentality lol...i'm glad your able to still do what u love to do,as well as myself still train and live for it into 40's .

you have to remember, i took off from training and everything that goes with bodybuilding right after the 2001 npc nationals until the 2005 npc nationals...i went cold turkey.

i hated eating and living out of tuperwear, i hated the gym, i hated bodybuilding period.

i ate normal, i drank beer during any football or baseball game, i ate pizza, i ate chips. i just wanted to be a kinda normal guy that had fun...no pressure of keeping in shape.

by the time april of 2003 rolled around, i was way out of shape and couldn't even breat right when i tied my shoes.

my friends were training for the 2003 npc east coast, so i started going to the gym with them. fed up with my fat fucking stomach, i started eating 6 meals a day of just 1 can of tuna and 2 cups a rice each meal, and 1 hour of cardio daily.

3 nights before the contest, they were posing....and i was busting them that i looked better.
after taking my shirt off and seeing how ripped i got in 7 months, they talked me into competing again, and i took 2nd in the lightheavys and then 13th in the npc nationals.

i was happy with the outcome concidering how fat i was in april.

by the time jan 05 came, i was fully back into the bodybuilding life style, and seriously thinking about the nationals once more.....placing 5th that year, the bug bit me again.

it was great taking time off, and enjoying life.....best thing i ever done.

i'm back now....it took me 16 years to have that IFBB pro card in my wallet, i'm loven this right now.

at 41...i'm just starting.

ANIMAL

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »
good story on how you need to take a break to 'rediscover' the passion for training and eating right. I can't do it all year round and need some layoff time in the winter, more a mental break than a physical.
L

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
you have to remember, i took off from training and everything that goes with bodybuilding right after the 2001 npc nationals until the 2005 npc nationals...i went cold turkey.

i hated eating and living out of tuperwear, i hated the gym, i hated bodybuilding period.

i ate normal, i drank beer during any football or baseball game, i ate pizza, i ate chips. i just wanted to be a kinda normal guy that had fun...no pressure of keeping in shape.

by the time april of 2003 rolled around, i was way out of shape and couldn't even breat right when i tied my shoes.

my friends were training for the 2003 npc east coast, so i started going to the gym with them. fed up with my fat fucking stomach, i started eating 6 meals a day of just 1 can of tuna and 2 cups a rice each meal, and 1 hour of cardio daily.

3 nights before the contest, they were posing....and i was busting them that i looked better.
after taking my shirt off and seeing how ripped i got in 7 months, they talked me into competing again, and i took 2nd in the lightheavys and then 13th in the npc nationals.

i was happy with the outcome concidering how fat i was in april.

by the time jan 05 came, i was fully back into the bodybuilding life style, and seriously thinking about the nationals once more.....placing 5th that year, the bug bit me again.

it was great taking time off, and enjoying life.....best thing i ever done.

i'm back now....it took me 16 years to have that IFBB pro card in my wallet, i'm loven this right now.

at 41...i'm just starting.

your on fire lol....chill,i think u mentioned i;m not quoting 100pct ,u were clean for that show no? or was it 2001?even tho u weren't your best like now or previous u still looked pretty good even tho 13th.peace vin..

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »
good story on how you need to take a break to 'rediscover' the passion for training and eating right. I can't do it all year round and need some layoff time in the winter, more a mental break than a physical.

hey what are you doing here.... someone might think we actually know each other....lol

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
your on fire lol....chill,i think u mentioned i;m not quoting 100pct ,u were clean for that show no? or was it 2001?even tho u weren't your best like now or previous u still looked pretty good even tho 13th.peace vin..

just doin my thing...
ANIMAL

AVBG

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »
That's a great story Vinny!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2009, 08:07:34 PM »
on to supplements,pro or con,u use protein u mentioned,creatine ?fat burners now or no or ever.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2009, 04:10:28 AM »
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2009, 04:15:40 AM »
on to supplements,pro or con,u use protein u mentioned,creatine ?fat burners now or no or ever.

i was never really one to take fat burners, i tried them but  hard dieting and cardio get you in shape.

i been taking an animal pak daily for the last 12 years, and i really like  shock therapy and storm by universal....i really use this stuff.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2009, 07:46:06 AM »
i was never really one to take fat burners, i tried them but  hard dieting and cardio get you in shape.

i been taking an animal pak daily for the last 12 years, and i really like  shock therapy and storm by universal....i really use this stuff.
i have never taken them either,just wanted your opinion,even if semi bulked but lean if they were needed,but yeah hard dieting,playing with carb's amount up or down and cardio do trick,so u recommend all yr cardio say 2/3 tms per wk 15/20 min low impact like bike say?my old thinking was cardio then more food to compensate due to getting too lean from additional output,but to me regular hard intensity training with less rest gives u good results and some cardio benefit.whats ur take.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13:45 PM »
i have never taken them either,just wanted your opinion,even if semi bulked but lean if they were needed,but yeah hard dieting,playing with carb's amount up or down and cardio do trick,so u recommend all yr cardio say 2/3 tms per wk 15/20 min low impact like bike say?my old thinking was cardio then more food to compensate due to getting too lean from additional output,but to me regular hard intensity training with less rest gives u good results and some cardio benefit.whats ur take.

zero cardio in the offseason
ANIMAL