Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113884 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
16 years on the national level trained me to be at a fast pace with the free posing, and mandatory posing at the prejudging.
But in the IFBB i now see that everything is slower, very chill. you can take your time and enjoy the stage, i didnt realize it until both shows were over...lol

i was nervous and my adrenaline was at full tilt. i shot my load before i needed it...lol

i dont really think obtaining my pro card set in until i was eating a burger after the show. 16 years is a long time to go after a goal, and 10 months as a pro did not set in right away.

As far as the guys go.....Mark Dugdale is a class act, a very low key guy that minds his own business and is just chill.

Jason Arntz is very cool and very relaxed, he was asking me how i was doing...he knew i was nervous. our wives got along great too.

Ed carrera was way too serious.

i asked Dave Henry about how he trained and he took a lot of time explaining his training methods.

Jose Raymond was cool too, we talked alot and got along real good...i can see us being friends if we lived near each other.

There were a few guys that were quiet and to them selfs and did not want to be bothered....nothing wrong with that.

one guy in particular blew me right off and made it clear to stay away, it was def personal....if he reads this, he knows who he is. i get it...you dont think much of me....LOL

all in all the guys were mad cool....i walked away from it with a great experience.

;D  (I couldn't resist!)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
Bay you are slipping.....you missed a better line to tag, i dunno....your not as witty as you once was.....lol
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
Bay you are slipping.....you missed a better line to tag, i dunno....your not as witty as you once was.....lol
thats a pretty good shot there vin.....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »

16 years on the national level trained me to be at a fast pace with the free posing, and mandatory posing at the prejudging.
But in the IFBB i now see that everything is slower, very chill. you can take your time and enjoy the stage, i didnt realize it until both shows were over...lol

i was nervous and my adrenaline was at full tilt. i shot my load before i needed it...lol

i dont really think obtaining my pro card set in until i was eating a burger after the show. 16 years is a long time to go after a goal, and 10 months as a pro did not set in right away.

As far as the guys go.....Mark Dugdale is a class act, a very low key guy that minds his own business and is just chill.

Jason Arntz is very cool and very relaxed, he was asking me how i was doing...he knew i was nervous. our wives got along great too.

Ed carrera was way too serious.

i asked Dave Henry about how he trained and he took a lot of time explaining his training methods.

Jose Raymond was cool too, we talked alot and got along real good...i can see us being friends if we lived near each other.

There were a few guys that were quiet and to them selfs and did not want to be bothered....nothing wrong with that.

one guy in particular blew me right off and made it clear to stay away, it was def personal....if he reads this, he knows who he is. i get it...you dont think much of me....LOL

all in all the guys were mad cool....i walked away from it with a great experience.

Touché!  I'll make it up to you the next time I see you.  :P :P

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
Touché!  I'll make it up to you the next time I see you.  :P :P

but i had to point it out to you, c'mon you been more witty in the past...lol
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
vin,u do some photo shoots for mags this time?any other shows this yr?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2009, 06:16:01 AM »
vin,u do some photo shoots for mags this time?any other shows this yr?

i shot with ironman -

i have no plans to compete
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
i shot with ironman -

i have no plans to compete
cool,they always take good shots and show them well.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:38 PM »
WHATS NEW?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:57 AM »
WHATS NEW?

been guest posing a lot, i was in alabama with flew lewis and tony freeman.

i am going to puerto rico next week, masters nationals and then the southern states.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2009, 07:13:33 AM »
been guest posing a lot, i was in alabama with flew lewis and tony freeman.

i am going to puerto rico next week, masters nationals and then the southern states.

good for u bro,puerto rico i'm jealous.keeping in good shape as always huh....southern states has been good to u .you've guest posed a few times there,big show.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »
When are you coming to SF?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2009, 07:08:45 AM »
When are you coming to SF?

when a promoter invites me to guest pose.
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »
Vinny,

Would describe the style of training you and John Hnatyschak followed?

Reps, high volume, low volume, rest pause, forced reps........what were the exercises that you two seemed to have the most faith in???

Would you also tell us a little about the diet, cardiovascular exercise...ect

I would appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!!!

Willie

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »
Vinny,

Would describe the style of training you and John Hnatyschak followed?

Reps, high volume, low volume, rest pause, forced reps........what were the exercises that you two seemed to have the most faith in???

Would you also tell us a little about the diet, cardiovascular exercise...ect

I would appreciate it!! Thanks in advance!!!

Willie

it really was all about basics, nothing fancy.

he trained for over a year of offseason, ate big, trained basic/heavy.

at 14 weeks out he started his prep. i know he did csrdio, but i cant remember details.
the diet was simple. 2 high carb days, 2 moderate carb days, and 2 low carb days, followed by 2 zero carb days...then repeat the cycle.

as the masters o got closer, we would monitor how he looked, did he look better with high carb days, or low. and we came up with a plan that brought him a 3rd place finnish after 14 years of being away from the stage.

he had a lot of loose skin from years of not dieting, but with the right crb load at the end, he was very tight full and ripped.

i wish i could tell you something special that he did besides kill him self in the gym, and NEVER cheated on his diet.

it was a trip to train with him, to see his body go from a fit look to a hard core bodybuilder over about an 18 month period.

ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »
thanks, vinny!!

i was just under the impression that john pumped sets out with lighter weight.....but sometimes the magazines do misrepresent the champs workouts.

if you read up on john's training you always hear that he preferred lighter weights but you mention heavy and basic. oh well, he looked excellent for that year's masters competition.....and he should feel good knowing that you were in his corner and gave him extra motivation along the way......i know that john gave you great fire to train and eventually become a pro yourself!!!!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
thanks, vinny!!

i was just under the impression that john pumped sets out with lighter weight.....but sometimes the magazines do misrepresent the champs workouts.

if you read up on john's training you always hear that he preferred lighter weights but you mention heavy and basic. oh well, he looked excellent for that year's masters competition.....and he should feel good knowing that you were in his corner and gave him extra motivation along the way......i know that john gave you great fire to train and eventually become a pro yourself!!!!

true, we did use weights for a pump....but it was all basic. our "heavy" was light to most other bodybuiders.

sorry if i didnt explian my self correct..
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
true, we did use weights for a pump....but it was all basic. our "heavy" was light to most other bodybuiders.

sorry if i didnt explian my self correct..
No problem......Thanks for the clarification!!

Did you or John ever have any nagging shoulder, or lower back injuries you had to train around??? Did you guys do a little treadmill or bike for fat burning??? How about wrist straps for back or trap work??? Thanks, bro.......my questions are done now.....sorry for asking so many.....just enjoy the chance to get the straight scoop from a pro like yourself!!!! HAPPY 4TH of July!!!!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
No problem......Thanks for the clarification!!

Did you or John ever have any nagging shoulder, or lower back injuries you had to train around??? Did you guys do a little treadmill or bike for fat burning??? How about wrist straps for back or trap work??? Thanks, bro.......my questions are done now.....sorry for asking so many.....just enjoy the chance to get the straight scoop from a pro like yourself!!!! HAPPY 4TH of July!!!!

dude bring on the questions, thats why i'm here.

john had a car  accident many yr's ago, so he always warmed up before each workout, and  we both wore wrist straps.
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
dude bring on the questions, thats why i'm here.

john had a car  accident many yr's ago, so he always warmed up before each workout, and  we both wore wrist straps.
ok.....wow.....thanks vinny, for being so gracious.......if you don't mind.....here goes another question......if i need to lose 10 percent bodyfat, will brisk walking outdoors be sufficient.....or do i need something more along the lines of sprinting or stepmill???? thanks for your assistance.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »
ok.....wow.....thanks vinny, for being so gracious.......if you don't mind.....here goes another question......if i need to lose 10 percent bodyfat, will brisk walking outdoors be sufficient.....or do i need something more along the lines of sprinting or stepmill???? thanks for your assistance.

decreasing your body fat comes with 4 area's to cover.

1 - build muscle through weight training...muscle burns fat.
2 - eating small meals every three hours to speed up your metabolism.
3-  cardio
4 - rest

if you just focus on cardio...you wont reach your goal.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »
vin john still training?did u use training partners this time around or just trained with who wanted to work in with u?your planning to do open class next time.and will the diet still stay on protein/fat/no carbs and goal be 208/210 open class.u said u felt full and hard at that weight,

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
vin john still training?did u use training partners this time around or just trained with who wanted to work in with u?your planning to do open class next time.and will the diet still stay on protein/fat/no carbs and goal be 208/210 open class.u said u felt full and hard at that weight,

john is chillin with his wife, they opened a subway shop and run that all day.
i dont think he gets to train as much as he would like, but he is still in pretty good shape.

i have a full time training partner for the last  year, and its working out great.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »
staying in good shape for summer.whats your weight ?training ?planning anymore shows this yr?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
staying in good shape for summer.whats your weight ?training ?planning anymore shows this yr?

yes i'm starting my prep now...10 weeks till the Atlantic City Pro -
ANIMAL