Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113744 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
He covered Hnatyschack earlier in the thread. Said he took third at the Masters Olympia one year and now owns a Subway with his wife..... If I remember it correct?

Yeah he was a good bodybuilder, and he is selling the subway and possibly moving to florida to retire.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »
hey vin,how's farah plan going,and whats the next show,i heard ny pro is in sight any truth to that..if so good luck,like to see new look with farahs guidance....

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
hey vin,how's farah plan going,and whats the next show,i heard ny pro is in sight any truth to that..if so good luck,like to see new look with farahs guidance....

yes i was prepping for the europa show on april 17th, and the new york pro on may 8th.

i start renovations on my new personal training studio april 1st, and move in a week before the new york pro. i dont think i can focus on my business and competing, something will give.

as of right now, i'm putting all my energy into my business, however i am training hardcore and eating pretty good.

i think as soon as the move is over, i'll start thinking of the summer shows....dont know yet.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »
yes i was prepping for the europa show on april 17th, and the new york pro on may 8th.

i start renovations on my new personal training studio april 1st, and move in a week before the new york pro. i dont think i can focus on my business and competing, something will give.

as of right now, i'm putting all my energy into my business, however i am training hardcore and eating pretty good.

i think as soon as the move is over, i'll start thinking of the summer shows....dont know yet.
is this a 2nd studio or a move of the existing one.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #404 on: February 19, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
is this a 2nd studio or a move of the existing one.

existing, moving after 8 years.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
existing, moving after 8 years.
same area,,bigger ,,good for u in these times..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
vin,,what did u think of the 202's at the phoneix,opinion,i think u would have done really good.i think u would have fit in there with ahmed,top 3..

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
vin,,what did u think of the 202's at the phoneix,opinion,i think u would have done really good.i think u would have fit in there with ahmed,top 3..

my hats off to those guys, the top 3 have plenty of time to focus on the O in September.
ahmed is a good guy, and we become friends since we met last yr in pittsburgh...he looked real good.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:34 PM »

my hats off to those guys, the top 3 have plenty of time to focus on the O in September.
ahmed is a good guy, and we become friends since we met last yr in pittsburgh...he looked real good.

well hopefully in the next 2 shows u can qualify and do the o at 202,nice dream to achieve?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2010, 05:06:35 AM »
Vinny,

Chiming in late but again very happy you made it to the Pro Ranks!!!

I have a question and by no means am I trying to insult you.....

Being a smaller guy, when you started competing...did you have aspirations of winning the "O" or was it more of "be the best I can".

Believe me when I say I would love to have your physique!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
Vin,

Concerning an endomorph, what type of cardio do you recommend??? What pace???? Duration??? Times per week???? I can gain mass.....but being an endomorph......I can't get lean very easily.

Thanks!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
Vinny,

Chiming in late but again very happy you made it to the Pro Ranks!!!

I have a question and by no means am I trying to insult you.....

Being a smaller guy, when you started competing...did you have aspirations of winning the "O" or was it more of "be the best I can".

Believe me when I say I would love to have your physique!!

i just wanted to see if i could do well in a contest. then when i started placing and winning, i gave the jr usa a try because it was held in NJ.
i got my doors waxed, and placed 15th. i never thought of going back to a national show after that...it was all for just getting in great shape.
after winning my class in the nj states, i gave the jr usa another try...i won my class.

i have taken each contest as it comes, and market my self to the best that i can.

we have way too many LAZY bodybuilders today....im not talking about what goes on in the gym, i'm talking about MARKETING.

i have seen so many guys turn pro before and after me from my area, and you never see them in a magazine. its not because the mags dont want them, its because the bodybuilder is not trying hard enough  or not at all to get work.

everyone would like to be Mr O, BUT it is a lot easier to get in a magazine.....lol

getting off the topic a bit, i walk into the expo this past weekend and i run into a guy that we ALL know....{don't ask, i'm not mentioning his name}  and he looked kinda miserable, but i made my way over to say hello anyway.....his response was negative about the long day ahead
and i thought to my self, man there are 1,000's of guys sitting home wishing their feet were tired from standing all day signing autographs, getting paid, and living the dream.

i walked away laughing and it put me in a great mood....

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
Vin,

Concerning an endomorph, what type of cardio do you recommend??? What pace???? Duration??? Times per week???? I can gain mass.....but being an endomorph......I can't get lean very easily.

Thanks!

STAIRMIL
ANIMAL

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2010, 05:25:58 AM »
Seems in todays marketplace BB'ers go from supplement company to supplement company like women and cars..

How have you managed to have such a long tenure with Universal?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
Seems in todays marketplace BB'ers go from supplement company to supplement company like women and cars..

How have you managed to have such a long tenure with Universal?

you can find something wrong with everyone you work for, and they can find what faults you have too.

with saying that, i find that i'm really living the dream. i get to travel, go to the shows, have a sponsor, and in return i do what they ask with 100% dedication.

i dont look for a pat on the back, but always open for ways to do my job better.

i dont have an attitude and always try to smile and be good to the fans.....i'm getting paid to be a bodybuilder, i'm a happy camper.

i know this will come to an end one day...maybe this is my last year, or maybe i have 3 more years with the company. i have no clue, but they know they can count on me to do the job i'm hired to do. 

ANIMAL

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
Vinny is giving you guys an inside look behind the scenes ... be very grateful ...

Wassup Vinny !

JJ
L

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2010, 01:28:03 PM »
you can find something wrong with everyone you work for, and they can find what faults you have too.

with saying that, i find that i'm really living the dream. i get to travel, go to the shows, have a sponsor, and in return i do what they ask with 100% dedication.

i dont look for a pat on the back, but always open for ways to do my job better.

i dont have an attitude and always try to smile and be good to the fans.....i'm getting paid to be a bodybuilder, i'm a happy camper.

i know this will come to an end one day...maybe this is my last year, or maybe i have 3 more years with the company. i have no clue, but they know they can count on me to do the job i'm hired to do. 

I would think now that you have your Pro Card and are competing with the cream of the crop, that your even more valuable to the company, having an "IFBB Pro" in their arsenal......Best wishes and best of luck with everything!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
vin man,

i love green beans......they are my favorite vegetable.......but i prefer the canned version......i wonder if you think i should eat the frozen bag green beans....instead of the canned version????

i realize that the canned green beans contain more sodium.....but is it really that big a deal to you???

how about brown rice versus white rice????

thanks in advance.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #418 on: March 28, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
vin man,

i love green beans......they are my favorite vegetable.......but i prefer the canned version......i wonder if you think i should eat the frozen bag green beans....instead of the canned version????

i realize that the canned green beans contain more sodium.....but is it really that big a deal to you???

thanks in advance.
[/quote

i only eat fresh or fresh frozen. i would never eat out of a can...and when i'm training for a contest i dont eat carbs, so white or brown during the offseason means nothing to me.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »
vin man,

thanks in advance.
[/quote

i only eat fresh or fresh frozen. i would never eat out of a can...and when i'm training for a contest i dont eat carbs, so white or brown during the offseason means nothing to me.
so with farah's plan still going no carbs showtime?or tweaking it a bit.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:09 PM »
When are you going to do a decent photo shoot around contest time?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #421 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:08 AM »
When are you going to do a decent photo shoot around contest time?

i take it that you mean i look like shit in that picture.

that photo shoot was taken 6 weeks AFTER i won the masters nationals in 2008.
i think i held onto my condition pretty good.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #422 on: March 30, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »

u look great there,again i ask are u going no carbs with farah too,,or is he going to modify the plan.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: March 30, 2010, 09:39:26 AM »

No, you look good.  I only meant decent photos of you are few and far between.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: March 30, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
regardless of what you meant to say

why would you even come close to insulting a man who is a fine bodybuilder

and takes the time to answer our questions here

a little respect is in order

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

get big can certainly be a rough place on occasion

let's try to be courteous to vinny! no more smart alec statements!