Author Topic: IPhone 5 - Good or just another simple upgrade  (Read 31553 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Iphone 5 Geekbench score 1601. sorry droid bitches.
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
Seeing as though you practically mention my name in every single one of your posts, it would seem as if my dick has been in your mouth for months now, yet I'm the gay one?

Keep joyriding on my dick, amigo...
"1"
Oh snap.  :D
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »

iPhone 5 Benchmarks Appear in Geekbench Showing a Dual Core, 1GHz A6 CPU

The results show an iPhone5,2 device running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM.

The total Geekbench 2 score comes in at 1601. Poole notes that the average score for the iPhone 4S is 629 and the average score for the iPad 3 is 766. A comparison chart of previous iOS devices can be viewed at Geekbench. The numbers seem to validate Apple's claim that the A6 processor is twice as fast as the A5 and any previous iOS device. This one score also places the iPhone 5 ahead of the average scores of all Android phones on Geekbench. *The full Geekbench  results further breakdown processor, memory and bandwidth performance.

* http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1030202

The A6 also appears to be clocked higher than the A5 at 1GHz (the iPhone 4S A5 ran at 800Mhz). The 1GB of RAM was previously confirmed by part number markings on the A6 processor itself.

Android benchmarks. ;D
http://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks

1 Ghz??!?!?!

Oh wow....my old and decrepit Q9650 quad core from 2009 runs at 4.5 Ghz. God apple is a giant piece of fucking shit

:D   jk  comparing a desktop cpu to a smartphone arm processor would be moronic :)
all drugs - TPPIIP

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »

iPhone 5 Benchmarks Appear in Geekbench Showing a Dual Core, 1GHz A6 CPU

The results show an iPhone5,2 device running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM.

The total Geekbench 2 score comes in at 1601. Poole notes that the average score for the iPhone 4S is 629 and the average score for the iPad 3 is 766. A comparison chart of previous iOS devices can be viewed at Geekbench. The numbers seem to validate Apple's claim that the A6 processor is twice as fast as the A5 and any previous iOS device. This one score also places the iPhone 5 ahead of the average scores of all Android phones on Geekbench. *The full Geekbench  results further breakdown processor, memory and bandwidth performance.

* http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1030202

The A6 also appears to be clocked higher than the A5 at 1GHz (the iPhone 4S A5 ran at 800Mhz). The 1GB of RAM was previously confirmed by part number markings on the A6 processor itself.

Android benchmarks. ;D
http://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks

Nice try but the S3 running Jellybean scores 1781, beating your crappy IP5 by 180 points, time to put Gracie on suicide watch.

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-bests-galaxy-s3-nexus-7-ipad-3-geekbench-benchmark-certain-conditions-apply-115393/

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
 :(
a

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
Nice try but the S3 running Jellybean scores 1781, beating your crappy IP5 by 180 points, time to put Gracie on suicide watch.

http://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-5-bests-galaxy-s3-nexus-7-ipad-3-geekbench-benchmark-certain-conditions-apply-115393/

Let's see.

Security IOS 6. yes.    Jellybean 4.1  full of malware.

Wi Fi syncing iOS 6 yes.     jellybean 4.1 no

Find my device  IOS 6 yes.   jellybean 4.1 no

Wireless cloud back up IOS 6 yes, 5GB of storage free with icloud.  jellybean 4.1 no.

Update an 2010 or 2011 iphone to the latest ios? yes.

Update an 2010 or 2011 droid to the latest jellybean? no

Should i continue?

Gracie Rules

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »

Let's see.

Security IOS 6. yes.    Jellybean 4.1  full of malware.

Wi Fi syncing iOS 6 yes.     jellybean 4.1 no

Find my device  IOS 6 yes.   jellybean 4.1 no

Wireless cloud back up IOS 6 yes, 5GB of storage free with icloud.  jellybean 4.1 no.

Update an 2010 or 2011 droid to the latest jellybean? no

Should i continue?

Jellybeans can be good.  Ronald Reagan loved them.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »

Let's see.

Security IOS 6. yes.    Jellybean 4.1  full of malware.  (not really but o...k?)

Wi Fi syncing iOS 6 yes.     jellybean 4.1 no  Uh yeah you can?

Find my device  IOS 6 yes.   jellybean 4.1 no  Available on Android - and free... I have it on my phone and tablet!

Wireless cloud back up IOS 6 yes, 5GB of storage free with icloud.  jellybean 4.1 no.  Everything backs up on Android buddy, calendar, contacts, music, apps, movies, pictures, don't even need to set it up - its done automatically....  5GB cloud storage with Google Drive for Free

Update an 2010 or 2011 droid to the latest jellybean? no Motorola Xoom launched in January 2011 is one of the first devices to recieve Jelly Bean

Should i continue?  Please don't, you are embarrassing yourself!

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
Look at the specification of the Samsung Galaxy 3  ;D it just rapes the ibutt 5 phone from apple. 
TEAM WOLF

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Oh lets not forget the Samsung NOTE 2 wich is higher clocked then Samsung galaxy 3, so more performance then apple ibuttplug phone 5.
TEAM WOLF

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »

Let's see.

Security IOS 6. yes.    Jellybean 4.1  full of malware. Been using android since the day the OG moto droidcam out never seen a virus nor have i known the many people who use android had one either

Wi Fi syncing iOS 6 yes.     jellybean 4.1 no funny theres only a ton of apps that do exactly this

Find my device  IOS 6 yes.   jellybean 4.1 no see above

Wireless cloud back up IOS 6 yes, 5GB of storage free with icloud.  jellybean 4.1 no. see above again

Update an 2010 or 2011 droid to the latest jellybean? no i dont even know why you even try to compare the two, its apples to oranges. Its not google decision as to what devices manufactures will update to use their latest OS as theres hundreds of phones that use android. apple has all but 6 phones with a simpler OS that all have similar specs, its easier to update the products when their not much different.

Should i continue? please do

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
my iphone is the first cellphone that went past the two year mark, even the batery feels brand new. One tough sob. Best piece of portable eletronics I put my hands on since '89 gameboy.

Now, otoh, i will never understand the effor and time people like adons spends in preparing "meals". No matter what or how you do all that food that looked so nice on the picture you take to post on getbig will turn into the same brown sinty shit just some hours after that as always. What a waste (no pun) of human resources. At least apple products wont turn into fecal matter everytime.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
So the product is complete shit I see.  Phones used to last decades, the rotary ones never went bad and even the cordless ones of the 80s and 90s were well built.  You could even use them to tap into all of your neighborhood`s conversations if you knew the tricks.

That Iphone must be really garbage if you have to throw it away after a year.
Who says it has to be thrown away? I use my iPhone for 2 years and then upgrade to a newer model for free. I then use the older phone as a media player (Pandora, iTunes etc.) or unlock it and give it to a family member so they can use it when they travel overseas. They can switch it out with a sim card in the country they are visiting.

If you think the product is shit you are a moron - oh wait, I knew that already.

Apple's iPhone business alone is bigger than Microsoft. Apple will likely be the first trillion dollar company.

Don't hate them because they are more successful than you.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2012, 11:11:59 PM »
Oh lets not forget the Samsung NOTE 2 wich is higher clocked then Samsung galaxy 3, so more performance then apple ibuttplug phone 5.
But does it translate it better real world performance? No, the Droids are still not as smooth as the iPhone. The Apple software makes better use of the hardware.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »
my iphone is the first cellphone that went past the two year mark, even the batery feels brand new. One tough sob. Best piece of portable eletronics I put my hands on since '89 gameboy.

Now, otoh, i will never understand the effor and time people like adons spends in preparing "meals". No matter what or how you do all that food that looked so nice on the picture you take to post on getbig will turn into the same brown sinty shit just some hours after that as always. What a waste (no pun) of human resources. At least apple products wont turn into fecal matter everytime.

Agreed. It is extremely tough. My older cell phones would eventually show scuffs and scratches even when I was careful with them. All my iPhones still appear practically new.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2012, 11:17:49 PM »

At some point the screen becomes just too big. You want to be able to slip the phone in your pocket easily. I would like to see the iPhone screen extend to the very edge of the shell to make it a little bigger but still keep the same physical size. Maybe with the next revision this will be possible.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »

a bit of a self-ownage, as most of those extra features are worthless, suggesting some validity to the claims samsung is just a copycat which, without a blueprint to follow, comes up with shitty gimmicks no one wants.  it would be more convincing, really, if they just left out all the stuff that iphone doesn't have -- or if they had a unique feature that genuinely belonged at the top of the list.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2012, 11:33:53 PM »
But does it translate it better real world performance? No, the Droids are still not as smooth as the iPhone. The Apple software makes better use of the hardware.
jelly bean is extremely smooth. Im sure anyone else here can tell u the same.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »
Who says it has to be thrown away? I use my iPhone for 2 years and then upgrade to a newer model for free. I then use the older phone as a media player (Pandora, iTunes etc.) or unlock it and give it to a family member so they can use it when they travel overseas. They can switch it out with a sim card in the country they are visiting.

If you think the product is shit you are a moron - oh wait, I knew that already.

Apple's iPhone business alone is bigger than Microsoft. Apple will likely be the first trillion dollar company.

Don't hate them because they are more successful than you.
::)
Oh yes I am incredibly jealous of a large corporation. (I take that back, Republicans, more specifically the Republicans on the Supreme Court, with the ruling of Citizens United, have given Corporations "person-hood" status.)

So, you must have a collection of Iplayers, TunePhones, Touchpods, Twatters and whatever fuck else your 4 inch screen does.  Tell me, is great fun to view web pages with a magnifying glass as it takes you 20 minutes to read one news article on a screen that size?

I hope you grow out of this throw away society business and actually choose to buy something that does not use planned obsolescence as a marketing tool.  Think about it, you actually can`t wait for this planned obsolescence, so much that you wait in line every year like a giddy 8 year old waiting for Pokemon trinkets at Toys R Us, only to repeat the same behavior again and again and again because you want the new one that Vibrates your penis to the tune of Gangam Style as a ringtone.  Get a hold of yourself man.  Buy quality for a change. Something thats not designed to degrade or be obsolete.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
jelly bean is extremely smooth. Im sure anyone else here can tell u the same.
Confections are usually made smooth as the sugar content is meant to melt in your mouth upon contact with saliva.  Having a more rigid surface will cause an unevenness in dissolution (intended for some application), which is not the hallmark of a good jelly bean.  Jelly beans should melt uniformly and provide full flavor throughout.  So yes, they are smooth in shape, texture and taste.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »
::)
Oh yes I am incredibly jealous of a large corporation. (I take that back, Republicans, more specifically the Republicans on the Supreme Court, with the ruling of Citizens United, have given Corporations "person-hood" status.)

So, you must have a collection of Iplayers, TunePhones, Touchpods, Twatters and whatever fuck else your 4 inch screen does.  Tell me, is great fun to view web pages with a magnifying glass as it takes you 20 minutes to read one news article on a screen that size?

I hope you grow out of this throw away society business and actually choose to buy something that does not use planned obsolescence as a marketing tool.  Think about it, you actually can`t wait for this planned obsolescence, so much that you wait in line every year like a giddy 8 year old waiting for Pokemon trinkets at Toys R Us, only to repeat the same behavior again and again and again because you want the new one that Vibrates your penis to the tune of Gangam Style as a ringtone.  Get a hold of yourself man.  Buy quality for a change. Something thats not designed to degrade or be obsolete.
If it's any consolation for you I have a solid maple dining set ;)

I do view web sites occasionally when using the iPhone but that is not the main benefit to me. I can actually check 5 email accounts at once on the iPhone - faster than by Quad Core Windows 7 w/ 8GB RAM can deliver.

For me the main benefit is email, gps navigation, Pandora music in my car, blue tooth phone calls in my car, photos (for work mostly), ewallet (for work) and the list goes on. I use the calendar feature for appointments, notes for meetings and have even used the compass once in a work related setting to determine our orientation. This device is sick - that's all I can say.

I will be switching to e85 soon and the e85 locator apps on the iPhone will help me find gas stations so I don't run into a situation where I have to fill up with pump gas.

E85 rocks for me mostly because of the higher octane - it is close to race gas.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2012, 12:11:03 AM »

I do view web sites occasionally when using the iPhone but that is not the main benefit to me. I can actually check 5 email accounts at once on the iPhone - faster than by Quad Core Windows 7 w/ 8GB RAM can deliver.

For me the main benefit is email, gps navigation, Pandora music in my car, blue tooth phone calls in my car, photos (for work mostly), ewallet (for work) and the list goes on. I use the calendar feature for appointments, notes for meetings and have even used the compass once in a work related setting to determine our orientation. This device is sick - that's all I can say.

I will be switching to e85 soon and the e85 locator apps on the iPhone will help me find gas stations so I don't run into a situation where I have to fill up with pump gas.

Why do you need 5 Gimmick accounts?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »

Sounds like what you got there is just an expensive Palm Pilot. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
My Samsung Galaxy Note absolutely dicks all over the Iphone 5.

End of thread.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 12:33:36 AM »
Why do you need 5 Gimmick accounts?  ???
Work, Work 2, Family and Friends, Online Purchases, Forums, do I need to go on???

You need to get organizized!

AVBG

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
Your country is that much of a shit hole that a Phone costs that much?  :o

A Ford Escort must cost a million dollars.

For sure