Author Topic: What did you eat yesterday?  (Read 779421 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: What did you eat yesterday?
« Reply #3025 on: July 28, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
My digestion has never been better, my bowel movements have been solid every day, you don't need fiber on this diet, you have to research it, I know it sounds crazy but how am I able to shit consistently for over 3 weeks now. And again, zero bloat, zero gas, zero sugar, zero transfats, zero artificial sweeteners, zero food additives and colorings, zero processed foods, zero gluten, zero coffee, zero supplements. Just Beef/eggs/steak, I'm averaging around 2-3 pounds of beef and 5-10 eggs a day. I recommend you guys give it a shot.

Well, you're not the first one I hear, who's enthusiastic about a carnivore diet. For example, I paid close attention when I heard Joe Rogan's conversations with Dr Shawn Baker and Jordan Peterson.

As for my own protein sources, I've already switched to meat & eggs for 80-90% of my animal protein sources, and I experience better digestion as well (esp compared to whey/casein shakes), and more strength as well in the gym. I think that switching to more animal fat consumption plays a huge factor in this.

Even no coffee? Man, that's still my guilty pleasure. I know that my body and brains would be better off without caffeine, but even the taste alone makes me happy..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3026 on: July 28, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
Well, you're not the first one I hear, who's enthusiastic about a carnivore diet. For example, I paid close attention when I heard Joe Rogan's conversations with Dr Shawn Baker and Jordan Peterson.

As for my own protein sources, I've already switched to meat & eggs for 80-90% of my animal protein sources, and I experience better digestion as well (esp compared to whey/casein shakes), and more strength as well in the gym. I think that switching to more animal fat consumption plays a huge factor in this.

Even no coffee? Man, that's still my guilty pleasure. I know that my body and brains would be better off without caffeine, but even the taste alone makes me happy..

Jordan Peterson has been eating only vegetables and meat. Eating only meat, like Go4it, is not healthy.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3027 on: July 28, 2018, 04:56:52 PM »
Jordan Peterson has been eating only vegetables and meat. Eating only meat, like Go4it, is not healthy.

That was his diet for a long time, but he still experienced health issues. His daughter, who already made the switch to carnivore, advised him to follow her steps. Since he had nothing to lose, he gave it a try.

http://mikhailapeterson.com/2017/09/20/jordan-petersons-diet/

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #3028 on: July 28, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »

If you're interested in to looking for more info check out Shawns HPO podcast, coffee for me it's no biggie I always limited myself to 2 cups a day anyway, I never wanted to rely on some outside source to provide fake energy to my body, plus it dehydrates you and on this diet you don't retain much water so drinking a bunch of coffee would make it ever more counter productive.

He eats no vegetables, hell he doesn't even eat eggs, just beef, salt, and water. The vegetables were fucking up his digestion even more, which is usually the case with most people.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3029 on: July 28, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »
Yeah Carnivore for about 25 days now, this shit is legit!

I've been doing a somewhat modified version.  More of Efferdings vertical diet.  I still can't give up the broccoli, spinach etc..

I'm surprised that you're doing six meals a day.   I'm just surprised you have the appetite given the satiating effects of protein and fat.   I think Shawn Baker does 2 meals.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3030 on: July 28, 2018, 05:56:34 PM »
I've been doing a somewhat modified version.  More of Efferdings vertical diet.  I still can't give up the broccoli, spinach etc..

I'm surprised that you're doing six meals a day.   I'm just surprised you have the appetite given the satiating effects of protein and fat.   I think Shawn Baker does 2 meals.
Yeah I'm doing more the Gironda/70's bodybuilding style of eating (without the cheese and the carb up), pretty much Gironda's Steak and eggs diet just split into 5-6 meals, Baker eats like 6 pounds of steak in one sitting, I can't eat that way, I'll feel like shit. I'll tell ya, Gironda was ahead of his time. He recommended 8-12 eggs a day and 2-4 pounds of beef a day, over two meals which was intermittent fasting before it was "coined" but he also recommends a carb meal every 4 days, right now I'm 25 days in I really don't crave carbs, so I'll keep things going, my strength is great, my energy is great, I still get great pumps (salt is key). You should look into eliminating the greens and see how you feel, I used to rotate my greens everyday, I would eat a bag of spinach, kale, or broccoli every day, I think that was fucking up my gut more then anything. It wasn't like I had health problems, but I felt bloated after I ate, I had a good amount of gas, my stools weren't always solid. Now my stomach is flat as fuck, even after a big steak meal, I have no bloat, it's really strange dude.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3031 on: July 28, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »
Yeah I'm doing more the Gironda/70's bodybuilding style of eating (without the cheese and the carb up), pretty much Gironda's Steak and eggs diet just split into 5-6 meals, Baker eats like 6 pounds of steak in one sitting, I can't eat that way, I'll feel like shit. I'll tell ya, Gironda was ahead of his time. He recommended 8-12 eggs a day and 2-4 pounds of beef a day, over two meals which was intermittent fasting before it was "coined" but he also recommends a carb meal every 4 days, right now I'm 25 days in I really don't crave carbs, so I'll keep things going, my strength is great, my energy is great, I still get great pumps (salt is key). You should look into eliminating the greens and see how you feel, I used to rotate my greens everyday, I would eat a bag of spinach, kale, or broccoli every day, I think that was fucking up my gut more then anything. It wasn't like I had health problems, but I felt bloated after I ate, I had a good amount of gas, my stools weren't always solid. Now my stomach is flat as fuck, even after a big steak meal, I have no bloat, it's really strange dude.

Someday I may give it a try.  I also like fish ( canned sardines, wild salmon).  I have to admit I also like salads (usually with with grilled chicken and avocado and goat cheese mixed in). 

Are you doing this diet for a specific purpose or just to test it out.  I know some people like Peterson and his daughter have done it due to several health issues.  I can't recall why Shawn Baker started doing it but I think he did keto for a year or two prior.  I've been making a Costco run once a week and buying mostly NY strip.  I have no idea how to cook a London Broil to make it edible. 

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3032 on: July 28, 2018, 06:14:27 PM »

Someday I may give it a try.  I also like fish ( canned sardines, wild salmon).  I have to admit I also like salads (usually with with grilled chicken and avocado and goat cheese mixed in). 

Are you doing this diet for a specific purpose or just to test it out.  I know some people like Peterson and his daughter have done it due to several health issues.  I can't recall why Shawn Baker started doing it but I think he did keto for a year or two prior.  I've been making a Costco run once a week and buying mostly NY strip.  I have no idea how to cook a London Broil to make it edible. 
I'm just trying it out of curiosity, for one I've done Keto before and I responded very well to it, and my coach at the time had me eating 3 beef meals a day, 1 egg meal, 1 chicken, 1 salmon, but I know through time I always felt great on red meat. I'm also willing to experiment with different diets to experiment and see what type of results it aids, I've went vegan for 3 months before and didn't lose an pound of muscle, but I had to eat a shit load of food, tons of beans and lentils, and I had a lot of gas. But I've always liked the look of 70's bodybuilders, they always had tons of energy to train, Arnold would train 4-5 hours a day, they always looked healthy, always had good skin, hair. So just trying things out, bodybuilding is all trial and error anyway, you have to be your own guinea pig.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3033 on: July 28, 2018, 06:23:26 PM »
Fried in the oil just used to fry bacon

Never.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3034 on: July 28, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »
3 hamburgers
1 cup of oatmeal
Grilled chicken sub
2 core protein shakes
Half a watermelon

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3035 on: July 28, 2018, 08:24:53 PM »
Good stuff I read past few pages ,recently changed some things
Up ,lot of stuff here I do everyday as well,had some stress enter my
 Life with divorce,managing kids on my weekend
Work stress,my digestive system took a hit I saw Dr,had some tough few months, figured diet and some food mashups I was doing was giving me problems,I try to space out meals or snacks longer,

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3036 on: July 29, 2018, 12:41:42 AM »
3 hamburgers
1 cup of oatmeal
Grilled chicken sub
2 core protein shakes
Half a watermelon

Porch monkey  ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3037 on: July 29, 2018, 01:42:18 AM »
Never.

Never had eggs this way? Tastiest way to eat them by far

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3038 on: July 29, 2018, 02:03:42 PM »
Never had eggs this way? Tastiest way to eat them by far

When I get a hankering for loads of animal fats, I'll give this a try. I enjoy eating bacon when it's really crisp.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3039 on: July 29, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
When I get a hankering for loads of animal fats, I'll give this a try. I enjoy eating bacon when it's really crisp.

I also enjoy it crispy but struggle to cook it that way without burning or shrinking it, the missus can cook it perfectly so the fat is crispy but the flesh isn’t dried out, then fries the eggs in the oil used to cook the bacon in and also dips one side of each slice of bread in the oil before making a sandwich with the bacon and eggs, not exactly the healthiest option but it tastes awesome and have it most mornings.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3040 on: July 29, 2018, 02:25:47 PM »
I also enjoy it crispy but struggle to cook it that way without burning or shrinking it, the missus can cook it perfectly so the fat is crispy but the flesh isn’t dried out, then fries the eggs in the oil used to cook the bacon in and also dips one side of each slice of bread in the oil before making a sandwich with the bacon and eggs, not exactly the healthiest option but it tastes awesome and have it most mornings.

Is the bread not toasted?

I've found that when perfectly timed, cooking bacon in the microwave in a paper towel envelope provides super crisp bacon with a minimum of fat. It's expensive, but Costco sells or sold frozen precooked bacon which you heat in the microwave or conventional oven. The main advantage of it is that it's quick.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3041 on: August 03, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »
oatmeal

coffee, apple juice

15 pieces of sushi

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3042 on: August 03, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
My digestion has never been better, my bowel movements have been solid every day, you don't need fiber on this diet, you have to research it, I know it sounds crazy but how am I able to shit consistently for over 3 weeks now. And again, zero bloat, zero gas, zero sugar, zero transfats, zero artificial sweeteners, zero food additives and colorings, zero processed foods, zero gluten, zero coffee, zero supplements. Just Beef/eggs/steak, I'm averaging around 2-3 pounds of beef and 5-10 eggs a day. I recommend you guys give it a shot.

Matarazzo diet of peas. This isn’t necessarily true since trans fat can be found in red meat. You might be getting 5-10 grams of trans fat a day with all that red meat.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3043 on: August 03, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
1 - 8 Eggs whites, 2 whole eggs, chopped peppers (red, green, yellow)

2 - 75grms Whey, 1/2 cup almonds

3 - Pre workout - 6oz chicken thighs, 1 cup of brown rice w/pat of butter

4 - 50grams whey

5 - 8oz cod, 1 cup brown rice, asparagus

BCAA's during workout

Water is 1/2oz per lb of BW, so right now about 103oz

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3044 on: August 03, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
6 eggs, 2 slices uncured bacon

8oz ribeye

8oz ground beef 70-30

6 eggs

8oz ground beef 70-30

4oz skirt steak, 4 eggs

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3045 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »
oatmeal

coffee, apple juice

15 pieces of sushi

Nice breakfast, now what else did you ate that day? :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3046 on: August 03, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »
Nice breakfast, now what else did you ate that day? :D

heading to the kitchen now to fix up some pita bread. Dreaming about Henda's bacon. mmm  :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3047 on: August 03, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »
heading to the kitchen now to fix up some pita bread. Dreaming about Henda's bacon. mmm  :)

How about a thick Basile's asshole burger, served with some salad?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3048 on: August 03, 2018, 02:09:38 PM »
How about a thick Basile's asshole burger, served with some salad?

:-X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3049 on: August 03, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »
6 eggs, 2 slices uncured bacon

8oz ribeye

8oz ground beef 70-30

6 eggs

8oz ground beef 70-30

4oz skirt steak, 4 eggs

Disgusting... Do you really feel good eating like this?

How much exercise do you do these days?

And what's your stack?