Author Topic: What did you eat yesterday?  (Read 779317 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: What did you eat yesterday?
« Reply #3475 on: October 17, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »
Dinner time - 2 pek chopped pork sandwiches, 3 bags of crisps

Afternoon snack at work - mince pie

Tea time - 4 sausages, 6 slices bacon, 3 slices black pudding, two eggs, one slice fried bread and tinned tomatoes.

Snacks - crisps, crab sticks, few pints of milk

Interesting Tea. Whenever I've enjoyed afternoon tea (high tea), it usually includes finger sandwiches and pastries.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3476 on: October 17, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »

Tea time - 4 sausages, 6 slices bacon, 3 slices black pudding, two eggs, one slice fried bread and tinned tomatoes.

This is body terrorizing menu ............ :o

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3477 on: October 17, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Pineapple, mango, papaya, cantaloupe

Grilled chicken

Raw veggies: peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, spinach, and carrots

Chick peas, string beans, and black beans

Few slices of semolina bread

2 cookies with coffee
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3478 on: October 17, 2019, 11:31:29 AM »
Interesting Tea. Whenever I've enjoyed afternoon tea (high tea), it usually includes finger sandwiches and pastries.

Here in northern England we call our midday meal dinner rather than lunch and what we call our evening meal tea rather than dinner

This is body terrorizing menu ............ :o

Haha I greatly enjoy high fat salted foods

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3479 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3480 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:41 AM »

Henda, you must take huge poops!!  ;D ;D :D :D
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3481 on: October 17, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
Henda, you must take huge poops!!  ;D ;D :D :D

Haha I wish mate I had large intestine removed when I was 28 or 29 (I forget now) after years of colitis then biopsies taken during colonoscopy showed pre cancer cells forcing the surgery, they made a makeshift bowel with the end of my small intestine so could avoid being stuck with a bag but capacity is about the same as a can of Coke so have to make smaller but more frequent trips to the toilet (sorry to be graphic) never had a large bowel movement since getting colitis at 13 haha it’s a distant memory

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3482 on: October 17, 2019, 11:48:20 AM »
Here in northern England we call our midday meal dinner rather than lunch and what we call our evening meal tea rather than dinner

-Did not know this. It makes sense since the midday meal is largest one in many European countries. American's should adopt this method of eating. Making the last meal of day lighter might help some people lose excess fat. As it is in the U.S., dinner is the largest meal in Australia which explains why some of the populous there carry 'safety fat'.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3483 on: October 17, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
-Did not know this. It makes sense since the midday meal is largest one in many European countries. American's should adopt this method of eating. Making the last meal of day lighter might help some people lose excess fat. As it is in the U.S., dinner is the largest meal in Australia which explains why some of the populous there carry 'safety fat'.

Been on business to the UK, France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Liechtenstein, Poland, Czech Republic and Switzerland, and never saw the midday meal as the biggest meal of the day. Not once.

Must be in the countries I missed.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3484 on: October 17, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »

That was in 60's / 80's !.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3485 on: October 17, 2019, 12:19:18 PM »
Haha I wish mate I had large intestine removed when I was 28 or 29 (I forget now) after years of colitis then biopsies taken during colonoscopy showed pre cancer cells forcing the surgery, they made a makeshift bowel with the end of my small intestine so could avoid being stuck with a bag but capacity is about the same as a can of Coke so have to make smaller but more frequent trips to the toilet (sorry to be graphic) never had a large bowel movement since getting colitis at 13 haha it’s a distant memory

My dad was diagnosed with Crohns about 10 years ago and recently had 12" of intestine removed that was destroyed by the Crohns. He wore a bag for 3 months, but it was removed and now he's pooping normally.

I am glad that you are still here with us and they caught the cancer. If you died, I would be sad and would cry.  :'( :'(
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3486 on: October 17, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
My dad was diagnosed with Crohns about 10 years ago and recently had 12" of intestine removed that was destroyed by the Crohns. He wore a bag for 3 months, but it was removed and now he's pooping normally.

I am glad that you are still here with us and they caught the cancer. If you died, I would be sad and would cry.  :'( :'(

Thank you mate I also would be genuinely upset if anything ever happen to you, glad to hear your dad is now doing ok after his surgery chrons and colitis can be absolute horrible illnesses, must be commonplace having the bag for 3 months as had it the same length of time as well. I hadn’t developed cancer it was pre cancer cells that they found, I used to get colonoscopy every year to check for them as precaution, in hindsight I should have had the surgery muchsooner before was forced to as it gave my life back

Tbomzisback!

• Getbig III
« Reply #3487 on: October 17, 2019, 01:14:20 PM »
That's a lot of turkey to fit on a slice of bread. Was it thinly sliced turkey from the deli?
I used several slices! 😁

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3488 on: October 17, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3489 on: October 17, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »

Actually, the timing of your meals doesn't matter.

All that matters is total calories per 24 hours or even per week.

Big Tex C*ckburn, PhD

• Getbig II
« Reply #3490 on: October 17, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »

X2. I would kill myself if Henda died. He's the only other person whose diet is as appalling as mine (without being a fat c*nt), and I'd miss his abuse of various social rejects.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3491 on: October 17, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »
Been on business to the UK, France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Liechtenstein, Poland, Czech Republic and Switzerland, and never saw the midday meal as the biggest meal of the day. Not once.

Must be in the countries I missed.

Were you taking your meals at the locals' homes? To accomodate western culture, some places have changed when their main meal is. If you were in places that catered to the western eating times and quantities, it is understandable that your experience was different that what is the norm for those countries.

This is the fourth part of my summer series on cultural differences between France and America and how this difference can potentially affect our health.  In France, the main meal is served at lunchtime and a lighter supper is served later, even later than the normal American dinnertime. A hot three course main meal is served around noon and lasts for about one hour (although the lunch “break” is usually two hours long).  This French midday meal is a filling meal, combining a protein source such as meat or fish, along with a vegetable and some starch. Dessert at lunch could be a fruit or yogurt.  A French breakfast is small so typically the French are quite hungry once lunchtime comes. http://www.brightonyourhealth.com/differences-france-and-america-main-meal-lunch/

Traditionally, German families eat their main meal during the day, between 12 and 2 p.m. However, many families now eat their hot meal in the evening. A typical lunch plate might consist of Kartoffelsalat mit Würstchen or Frikadellen. This is potato salad with sausage or meat balls for the first part. Next is Spätzle mit Geschnetzeltem (Spätzle noodles with stir-fry), Schnitzel mit Buttergemüse (Schnitzel with buttered vegetables) or Fischstäbchen mit Kartoffelpüree (Fish sticks with mashed potato). Meat is served most days, particularly pork and chicken. Vegetables are also a standard part of any Mittagessen despite common misconceptions! Typical vegetables served at lunchtime are grüne Bohnen (green beans), and Möhren (carrots). Additionally, Erbsen (peas) and Kohl (cabbage) are fan favorites. Potatoes are also a staple and come in the form of Salzkartoffel (boiled), Knödel (dumplings), Bratkartoffel (fried potatoes), Krokette (croquettes), Kartoffelpüree (mashed potatoes) and, of course, Pommes Frites (french fries)! Naturally, as popular as potatoes are, rice and noodles are also often eaten as side dishes! https://germanfoods.org/german-food-facts/german-meals-and-manners/

The midday meal was traditionally the main meal of the day, but in modern times as Austrians work longer hours further from home this is no longer the case. The main meal is now often taken in the evening. Changing meal times https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_cuisine

The Swiss snack all the time.

Lunch (La Comida) The midday meal or la comida, as it is called in Spain, is the largest meal of the day. It is definitely a big meal and typically includes multiple courses and wine. https://www.thespruceeats.com/meals-and-the-culture-of-spain-3083066

As with much of Europe, this is the most important meal of the day as well as the largest and usually includes pasta. Many Italians go home to eat lunch and so there is a pausa pranzo – similar to the Spanish siesta and many shops close down 1-4pm.

Greeks typically have 3 meals a day. Traditionally the largest meal of the day was lunch, but many habits have changed due to Greeks adapting a westernized way of living. https://www.olivetomato.com/when-greeks-eat/

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3492 on: October 18, 2019, 12:06:39 AM »
Maori of New Zealand munched Moriori tribes  :D

Papuans would raid another willage to get some extra protein  :P

Aussie Aboriginals cannibalized much smaller Pygmies, none is left  :-\

Umu cooking (Earth cooking) was spread across Melanesia & Polynesia.

Aztecs loved another man hearth  ::)

Cannibalism was reported in WW2 Stalingrad ,  :o

"Pussy eating" is fine  :D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3493 on: October 18, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »
X2. I would kill myself if Henda died. He's the only other person whose diet is as appalling as mine (without being a fat c*nt), and I'd miss his abuse of various social rejects.

Thank you for such a beautiful post my friend, I plan to print multiple copies of it off in nice text and replace every family photo in my house with it

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #3494 on: October 18, 2019, 12:14:23 PM »
5whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 80gms oatmeal, 1/2 cup raisins, honey

Protein shake - 10 egg whites, 1 scoop whey, two rice cakes w/jam, 1 uncrustable

9oz chicken tenders,2 cups of rice

Same as meal 2

9oz Red meat, large baked potato, asparagus

8egg whites, cup of rice

2am- protein shake w/10 egg whites, 1 scoop whey protein

coach ain't messing around.... got the 2am meals in...    you going to do battle or what?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3495 on: October 18, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »
coach ain't messing around.... got the 2am meals in...    you going to do battle or what?

Either he keeps a late schedule or he doesn't think he needs rest to succeed in achieving his goals.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3496 on: October 18, 2019, 12:46:15 PM »
coach ain't messing around.... got the 2am meals in...    you going to do battle or what?

"Battle" no..lol

Need size for next year. Two shows planned

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3497 on: October 27, 2019, 06:40:59 AM »
so far today:

cottage cheese w cinnamon

salami

blueberries

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3498 on: October 27, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »
cocoa crispies
fried potatoes with bacon and eggs
cheese toast
steak pie and chips with gravy

Tbomzisback!

• Getbig III
« Reply #3499 on: October 27, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
15 ounce chicken breast, 3 egg whites, one can brown beans, two cups blueberries and rasberries

one monster energy drink with 50 grams sugar pre workout

three scoops whey (75g) and half bag costco popcorn (probably 200g carbs)

ham, potatoes, croutons... maybe 100g protein, 75g carbs, 45g fats total.. 

one bag sunflower seeds, three chocolate puddings, one ice cream cone, small uncrustable sandwhich

ham (another 100g protein worth)