Author Topic: Tired of marathon and ironman water cooler chat!  (Read 1478 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Tired of marathon and ironman water cooler chat!
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
For once can the folks in the office comment on Cutler's Mr O thong or Heath's shoulder width?   No, I have to listen to constant chatter about 50 mile bike rides, 1 mile swims and marathons.   Just once I want someone to discuss the proper side chest or Arnold's barefoot squatting or the cool new thread on Getbig's G&O.  No, I have to hear about how some 125lb yutz shaved 6 seconds off his best half marathon time, but can't shoulder press two gallons of milk to save his life.

I gotta get in shape.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Tired of marathon and ironman water cooler chat!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
It will never happen  :-\ :-\

I hate the cooler chats that involve P90x or the latest new workout regimen!
X

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »
HAHAHA MOS this made me laugh.  The Ironman, Cross-Fit seen is really picking up steam.  I actually got certified as a Level-1 Crossfit trainer about 50 lbs ago, pre-juice, etc and they swore the only supplement they believed in was Fish Oil.  Now I'm seeing the supplement companies starting to get involved there too.  Even the paleolithic, lift nothing but our body weight people can't say no to the big $ that can be made.

On another note, I now get out of breath when walking up the stairs in my building.  I look a hell of a lot better, but the days of being in shape are pretty removed I'd say lol  :'(

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »
Endurance running is for retards. Unless you are getting paid to do that ( athletes or military ) you are a fucking moron, plain and simple.

We got cars nowadays if you really want to go the distance.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
the monday after the mr o weekend i came in expecting exuberant discussions in the break room and lively debates about who looked better in a g-string Jay or Heath. But it was all "back to business" like nothing had happened ??? And at our staff meeting the CEO didnt event congratulate Phil on the win. I mean no one even mentioned it at the coffe machine! very awkward. Eventually I just figured everyone had rooted for Jay and mourned in silence or something..

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »
"You should look into CrossFit man"

You should look into fucking off man.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Sadly, it's a burdon all real men must bear.  Fortunately, the men of Getbig (fags, liberals and Benny B  the nation of islum moron excluded) are all possessed of the kind of shoulders capable of supporting such a Herculean task.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »
It will never happen  :-\ :-\

I hate the cooler chats that involve P90x or the latest new workout regimen!

LOL!  ;D   Some whacked out "3 hours on the stairmaster smelling of amonia" lady got mad at me beacause I called it PX90 instead of P90X.
a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »
My cousin's about your size, he's a lot leaner though.  He does CrossFit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
LOL!  ;D   Some whacked out "3 hours on the stairmaster smelling of amonia" lady got mad at me beacause I called it PX90 instead of P90X.

hahaha lol..heaven forbid you get the name wrong! people keep telling me I should try P90X because its such a great work out.
X

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
the monday after the mr o weekend i came in expecting exuberant discussions in the break room and lively debates about who looked better in a g-string Jay or Heath. But it was all "back to business" like nothing had happened ??? And at our staff meeting the CEO didnt event congratulate Phil on the win. I mean no one even mentioned it at the coffe machine! very awkward. Eventually I just figured everyone had rooted for Jay and mourned in silence or something..

Same thing happened to me at my last work place, so I quit. Nobody should have to work with weirdos like that.

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »
Endurance running is for retards. Unless you are getting paid to do that ( athletes or military ) you are a fucking moron, plain and simple.

We got cars nowadays if you really want to go the distance.

Same can be sad about bodybuilding. Why would people lift very heavy things for free? Unless their movers or athletes. Nowadays we have mexicans for that.
Just like any sport we/they do it becouse we love it plain and simple.
Team Schering Oss NL

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »
I get a kick out of bodybuilders putting down other athletes like runners or bikers.  By the way cross fit, P90X and body weight exercises can embarrass most bodybuilders showing their severe lack of conditioning they possess. Strength is important but it's only a piece of the pie.

How many power lifters can't do 10 dead hang pull ups without a kip or 65 full range perfect pushups in one minute?  How many bodybuilders don't have enough wind to run a decent mile time?  The quickest way to find out if you lack conditioning is to box or wrestle.  Suddenly the benches and curls don't contribute to much as your sucking wind. 

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 07:39:56 AM »
you ain't a real man unless you get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Cycling is good for legs... I don't knock that. But distance running is lame, and if you're 6 feet or taller like me, and you're a big guy, it'll just destroys your joints. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
LDRunning sucks.
I like sprinting, 400m with the handover thing and P88x.
If people get all high from wearing themselves out it's also nice.

newmom

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
I get a kick out of bodybuilders putting down other athletes like runners or bikers. 

^This. Fucking doing LD running is no joke. I hate that I can't sleep before big runs. Sure, I always want to shave (no pun) time off my previous race but I'm no Elite runner or anything.