Author Topic: Ron Paul - South Carolina Debate Highlights  (Read 1931 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Ron Paul - South Carolina Debate Highlights
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:13:50 AM »
I hate the State.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Ron Paul - South Carolina Debate Highlights
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:53:44 AM »
He showed the rest of those copycat phonies who's the boss.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
Still Poop though.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:47:34 AM »
Still Poop though.

And you are a racist; do you ever have anything decent to contribute? (rhetorical question)
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:49:46 AM »
And you are a racist; do you ever have anything decent to contribute? (rhetorical question)
I am not racist.  How could I be, I dislike people equally.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 05:52:40 AM »
I am not racist.  How could I be, I dislike people equally.

You feel the need to highlight people's ethnicity, as if that meant something.

Seriously, you should move out to a forest since you dislike everything and everyone.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:01:31 AM »
You feel the need to highlight people's ethnicity, as if that meant something.

Seriously, you should move out to a forest since you dislike everything and everyone.
Ethnicity is intertwined with culture and social norms,folkways and mores.  It is also a predictor of behavior and it also has genetic implications, not only physically, but mentally as well.  Ethnicity is more than just race.  WAY more.  We are not all equal and it is scientifically incorrect to proclaim that we are.  I thought you were familiar with Steven Pinker.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »
Still Poop though.

Your record is skipping.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
Your record is skipping.
I`m just funning a little bit.  Ron Paul is still the best the GOP has to offer at the moment, but the GOP hates him so that won`t bode too well for him.  I do not like some of his positions, but if he can at least emerge as the top GOP candidate (he won`t beat Obama), perhaps that will change the face of their party because as it sits, its Poopier than Paul would ever be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 06:32:16 AM »
I`m just funning a little bit.  Ron Paul is still the best the GOP has to offer at the moment, but the GOP hates him so that won`t bode too well for him.  I do not like some of his positions, but if he can at least emerge as the top GOP candidate (he won`t beat Obama), perhaps that will change the face of their party because as it sits, its Poopier than Paul would ever be.

Unlike you lefties, we are not looking for a messiah.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
Unlike you lefties, we are not looking for a messiah.   
Of course you are.  Palin was supposed to be it.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 06:40:05 AM »
I'm just curious about the Ron Paul supporters

Do you agree with Douglas in the Lincoln-Douglas debates in that slavery should be left up to the states to vote on, or do you think the federal government should mandate that certain behaviors be prohibited?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 06:42:41 AM »
Ron response to the legalization of drugs was the best answer I've heard in a long time. lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 06:44:45 AM »

Do you agree with Douglas in the Lincoln-Douglas debates in that slavery should be left up to the states to vote on, or do you think the federal government should mandate that certain behaviors be prohibited?

Owning another person is a violation of fundamental human rights and harms others.   RP is talking about behaviors of the individual that dont necessarily harm others.       

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 06:51:35 AM »
Owning another person is a violation of fundamental human rights and harms others.   RP is talking about behaviors of the individual that dont necessarily harm others.        

But how do you define what harms others? Are you talking about Mill's harm principle in chapter 3 of On Liberty, or Jefferson's similar harm principle? What about economic or societal oppression? If Wal-mart opens a store in a small town, the local business owners go out of business and are economically harmed, many families are unemployed, etc. But Ron Paul doesn't want to regulate big businesses. But isn't it true that the actions of these corporations also harm those less well off in society? Sometimes economic harm is worse than physical harm.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »

I think the mantra of most Paul supporters is liberty. Not liberty or some, but liberty for all. In that sense it wouldnt make a slave of anyone so niether the States not the federal government would need to prohibit anything regarding this issue. I hope that makes sense, its probably not something i should be thinking about this early in the morning.  :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »
But how do you define what harms others? Are you talking about Mill's harm principle in chapter 3 of On Liberty, or Jefferson's similar harm principle? What about economic or societal oppression? If Wal-mart opens a store in a small town, the local business owners go out of business and are economically harmed, many families are unemployed, etc. But Ron Paul doesn't want to regulate big businesses. But isn't it true that the actions of these corporations also harm those less well off in society? Sometimes economic harm is worse than physical harm.

RP opposes corporatism so I am not sure how he would address that.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »

I think the mantra of most Paul supporters is liberty. Not liberty or some, but liberty for all. In that sense it wouldnt make a slave of anyone so niether the States not the federal government would need to prohibit anything regarding this issue. I hope that makes sense, its probably not something i should be thinking about this early in the morning.  :)
How is denying a women`s right to choose to have an abortion "Liberty for all"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 07:00:19 AM »

The maker of the whip drawn buggy agrees with you, so does the maker of the commodore 64. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 07:00:39 AM »

I didnt say I agree with RP on all points, this is one of those that I don't understand but I have a differnet take on when human life starts than Paul does. I think thats the deciding factor on peoples stance regarding this issue. I don't think he said he would ever deny abortions either but would have that decision made on a more local level.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 07:04:54 AM »
The maker of the whip drawn buggy agrees with you, so does the maker of the commodore 64. 

But you don't think the traditional idea of Liberty is inconsistent with a pure free market society?

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 07:07:41 AM »

Its not and i disagree with him on this but im not gonna let one issue divide us

He is by far the best candidate IMO

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »
But you don't think the traditional idea of Liberty is inconsistent with a pure free market society?

Of course it is.  We dont have a free market society in any form whatsoever.   its about choice - if you dont like something, dont buy it or patronize their store.      

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:45 AM »
Of course it is.  We dont have a free market society in any form whatsoever.   its about choice - if you dont like something, dont buy it or patronize their store.      

But Ron Paul advocates that everyone has liberty (although he has never defined how he means this term except to say that everyone has a right to their life) and that they should be free from governmental oppression. If Ron Paul thinks that the government shouldn't oppress people, then why won't he advocate the regulation of big businesses such as taxation? Why does Ron Paul give corporations a free pass to do whatever they want if he is truly concerned about protecting citizens from being harmed by the actions of others.

Whenever this topic comes up in a debate, he always tries to skip over it by saying "Well if government didn't give money to these corporations, they would never become big" which I think is false. In a true free market society (which is without a doubt what Paul wants), it is morally permissible for some to become really wealthy while others remain extremely poor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
Yawn - you libs are really a hoot.   In a free market society, the bad corps go bankrupt and go away.   The bad actors get prosecuted for fraud and crimes where they exist. 

In the corporatist model as supported by most big govt types, corps are an extension of the state and failure is subsidized and rewarded at the expense of the taxpayer. 

GE, Goldman, AIG, GM anyone?