Author Topic: Univision HAMMERS the Usurper not once, but TWICE  (Read 1936 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Univision HAMMERS the Usurper not once, but TWICE
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »

They really put the screws to this jackass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Univision HAMMERS the Usurper not once, but TWICE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
Good.  I read excerpts of the meeting.  They were all over him. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
this is good news.   I'm not a huge romney fan but I want to see this election close.  America doesn't win from a blowout - they win from the confidence in the economy being restored.  A romney win will probably do that. 

Action?  Neither guy is going to get much done in office... congress locked up.  Romney needs to reverse course quickly.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
this is good news.   I'm not a huge romney fan but I want to see this election close.  America doesn't win from a blowout - they win from the confidence in the economy being restored.  A romney win will probably do that. 

Action?  Neither guy is going to get much done in office... congress locked up.  Romney needs to reverse course quickly.

Congress may not be locked up. The Dems likely won't win the House back (despite Pelosi's musings). If the GOP wins three seats and Romney wins, the GOP controls the Senate, as VP Ryan would be the tie-breaker.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
Congress may not be locked up. The Dems likely won't win the House back (despite Pelosi's musings). If the GOP wins three seats and Romney wins, the GOP controls the Senate, as VP Ryan would be the tie-breaker.

I think romney has a decent chance of winning.  Congress is safe for repubs.

but senate?  No way the repubs can get that - polls shifting everywhere in a huge way there.  I know the veep role, etc - but I'd be totally shocked if Dems won it.  The trend has been HUGE and now that Romney campaigning with them might HURT them- I dunno dude, I don't think they get the Senate.  I think deadlock in DC continues.

These recent trends are nuts.  538:

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »
any links to the rest?  I agree, he has broke promises.  I'd like to hear what they're talking about.  29 seconds doesn't cut it.  We don't even know what they were talking about from that.  I searched but couldn't find the translation this clip was taken from.

edit: found a link to more of the clip at the bottom of this page:  (Not sure why someone would cut this to 29 seconds.)

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/univision-anchor-presses-obama-to-acknowledge-he-didnt-keep-immigration-reform-promise/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »
I think romney has a decent chance of winning.  Congress is safe for repubs.

but senate?  No way the repubs can get that - polls shifting everywhere in a huge way there.  I know the veep role, etc - but I'd be totally shocked if Dems won it.  The trend has been HUGE and now that Romney campaigning with them might HURT them- I dunno dude, I don't think they get the Senate.  I think deadlock in DC continues.

These recent trends are nuts.  538:

They're ahead in at least three races. That's all they need (with a Romney win) to get the Senate.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 11:00:16 PM »
Still looking for the rest of the video on this.  I want to hear the whole thing.  If anyone has a link, post it please.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:13:36 AM »

They really put the screws to this jackass.
???
29 seconds?  I was expecting something different.  There was nothing there. 

Just so you know, there has been only ONE President in history who accomplished EVERYTHING he set out to do.  That man was James K. Polk.  I think Polk is one of the better presidents we have ever had.  Look it up.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »
???
29 seconds?  I was expecting something different.  There was nothing there.  

Just so you know, there has been only ONE President in history who accomplished EVERYTHING he set out to do.  That man was James K. Polk.  I think Polk is one of the better presidents we have ever had.  Look it up.
Agree with you on this... WTF on providing a 29 second clip to a title that reads, "Univision HAMMERS the Usurper not once, but TWICE"

Worse than a bad april fools lol...  Sorry BF, you gotta give a little more with that title or not give that title.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »
found a quote from the video I still can't find all of.

"I am happy to take responsibility for the fact that we didn't get it done," Obama said. "But I did not make a promise that I would get everything done a hundred percent when I was elected as president. What I promised was that I would work every single day as hard as I can to make sure that everybody in the country, regardless of who they are, what they look like, where they come from, that they would have a fair shot at the American dream. And that promise I kept."

I'll call bullshit on this.  He did make more promises that were in the realm of the executive that he did not keep.  Right off the bat, he totally tossed out his promises on signing statements.  There's a list of shit he's backtracked on that is in his realm of power.  Plus nobody forces his fucking hand to sign shit.  Some of the shit he has signed goes against his promises.

This is one example and he has more:
http://www.salon.com/2011/04/17/signing_statements/

and yea, you're delusional if you think Mitt is the answer to Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81470.html?hp=t1_3

Such a fucking liar.   Only an idiot believes his bull shit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »
Univision Debacle: Obama Misleads, Condescends To Latino Community

by John Nolte

21 Sep 2012, 7:30

While everyone is talking about Obama's revealing comments yesterday admitting defeat when it comes to changing Washington DC from the inside, what struck me most after watching his entire Univision interview was Obama's condescending and deceitful answer when pressed on the issue of immigration reform.

And I'm not even talking about Obama declaring the lack of immigration reform "my biggest failure," as opposed to creating jobs. I'm talking about this:

-

-

Anyone who remembers the 2008 Saddleback Church forum knows that Obama just doesn’t do well in situations where he's being questioned by someone who isn't a part of his lapdog media. Throughout yesterday's interview, Univision reporter Jorge Ramos pressed Obama, expecting truthful answers. Not being used to this kind of dogged intellectual honesty from anyone in media, Obama really fumbled his way through much of the session.   

From where I stand, though, the worst part was the clip above.  First off, Obama addresses Ramos and the audience as though they're children in need of a history lesson: Let me sit here and explain to you children how the three branches of government works. You obviously don't know this because if you did, you never would've asked such a stupid question.

Secondly, Obama's brazenly misleading here. One fact Obama and the corrupt media would love for us to forget is that for two long years Obama enjoyed blank check approval in both chambers of Congress (including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate). But during this time, not once did Obama submit anything in the form of immigration reform, even though he most certainly could've gotten it passed. Which makes what he said about Republicans all the more outrageous:

The president said that he was also taken aback by the resistance he said he received from Republican lawmakers when he reached out to them about an immigration bill, especially from those who previously supported such measures.

"I am happy to take responsibility for being naive here," he said.

What in the world do Republicans have to do with anything when you own the Executive and Legislative branches of government for two freakin' years?

The Romney campaign has a real opportunity here. You take that clip above and intercut it with the facts and point out the insulting condescension and you just might have yourself something.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
hugo romney is not the answer to obama, he is not obama....

Like Ive said many times obama has actively hurt the economy not helped it. Libtards will tell you that romney wants the govt to do nothing.

Thats not quite true, not actively passing legislation that hurts the economy is doing something!!!