Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 65842 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trump's Cabinet
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
The first two.

Priebus Named Trump Chief of Staff, Bannon Chief Strategist
Sunday, 13 Nov 2016

President-elect Donald Trump on Sunday chose Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, the favorite of the party's establishment and a low-key Washington insider, to serve in the influential position of White House chief of staff.

The choice of Priebus, a loyal campaign ally to Trump who has close ties with House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, signaled a willingness to work with Ryan and the Republican-led Congress to get his agenda passed.

The other front-runner for the job had been Stephen Bannon, Trump's campaign chairman and former head of the conservative Breitbart News. Trump named Bannon as his chief strategist and senior counselor.

"I am thrilled to have my very successful team continue with me in leading our country," Trump said in a statement. "Steve and Reince are highly qualified leaders who worked well together on our campaign and led us to a historic victory. Now I will have them both with me in the White House."

Trump, who will take office on Jan. 20 and will succeed Democratic President Barack Obama, has been working on his transition to the White House since Tuesday's election win over Democrat Hillary Clinton and contemplating the candidates for top jobs in his administration.

The chief of staff position, which serves as a gatekeeper and agenda-setter for the president, is typically one of the most important early choices for an incoming president.

The choice of Priebus as chief of staff could anger some Trump supporters counting on him, as he said during the campaign, to "drain the swamp" of business-as-usual Washington insiders.

Trump and his advisers already have signaled he may hedge on some of his major campaign promises, including on immigration, healthcare and appointing a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Priebus-Trump-Chief-of-Staff-Bannon/2016/11/13/id/758641/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Bolton would be a good choice IMO.

WSJ: Giuliani, Bolton in Lead for Secretary of State
By Greg Richter   |    Monday, 14 Nov 2016

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton are the leading candidates for secretary of state in the incoming Donald Trump administration, The Wall Street Journal reports, citing two sources close to the process.

Giuliani, a longtime Trump friend who served as a campaign surrogate, has previously been announced as a possible attorney general candidate. Giuliani was a federal prosecutor before his election as mayor.

Asked about a possible role in the Trump White House on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, Giuliani said, "I have a very, very full life. So it would have to be something where I felt he really needed me and — not that I'd be the only one that could do it, but maybe that I could do it a little bit different or a little bit better than somebody else."

Bolton, who served as U.N. ambassador in the George W. Bush administration, is a hawk on military issues and frequent Fox News guest who called for bombing Iran in 2015.

Bolton did not comment to the Journal, nor did the Trump transition team.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus was named chief of staff on Sunday, and campaign CEO Stephen Bannon was named chief strategist. Fox News reported on Monday that other appointments could be coming on Sunday, but the Journal said its sources said the secretary of state position might not be filled for several weeks.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rudy-giuliani-john-bolton-lead-secretary-of-state/2016/11/14/id/758817/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
A Bushie like Bolton in there? Maybe if Rudy is put in another capacity...Rudy seems like AG material.

If they would put Gowdy in at AG rather than Rudy....well, that would be awesome.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »
A Bushie like Bolton in there? Maybe if Rudy is put in another capacity...Rudy seems like AG material.

If they would put Gowdy in at AG rather than Rudy....well, that would be awesome.

Agree.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
Please God, Gowdy for AG!
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

Rudy is my pick, but, I sure wouldn't be breaking out the Play Doh if it were Gowdy.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 03:28:17 PM »
Sheriff Clark for homeland security please! :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »

Another name that has come up is former NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly.

One of those two could get the FBI spot.  No way Trump keeps Comey.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

Yep.  My newest man crush.  No homo . . . .

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 03:56:20 PM »

I'm glad he's finally agreeing to it!

I've got friends in Wisconsin, and we've discussed before Sheriff Clarke running for some kind of higher office. I was told that plenty of locals had encouraged him over the years, but he seemed content in and passionate about his current role as Sheriff.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said in an interview Thursday, November 10th he was open to serving in President-elect Donald Trump’s administration if a position was offered.

http://fox6now.com/2016/11/13/milwaukee-county-sheriff-david-clarke-i-will-serve-if-trump-asks-me-to/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
 :o  How can this be?  There are tapes of him having sex with hookers and a love child.  I read it right here on getbig.com.

Bloomberg Reporter: Cruz Under Consideration for AG
By Greg Richter   |   Tuesday, 15 Nov 2016

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is under consideration for attorney general in Donald Trump's administration, a Bloomberg News reporter tweeted Tuesday night.

Cruz was seen earlier in the day visiting Trump Tower in Manhattan, where Trump's transition team is talking about Cabinet level positions.

Trump himself tweeted about 30 minutes after Jacobs announced her "scoop," saying he alone knows who will get job offers.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a Trump supporter after dropping out of the race, said a Cruz hire would be "a big shock for me," considering the acrimony between Trump and Cruz during the GOP nomination process.

"We all ran together, but there was never a group hug that involved Ted Cruz," Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File."

"I would be very surprised if that was the case," he said, but admitted, "This election has been made of surprises."

Cruz is not well-liked by his Senate colleagues on either side of the aisle, so if he is nominated, he might get 100 percent confirmation support, Huckabee said, "because he wouldn't be in the Senate, and they haven't been that happy with him being there."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/attorney-general-Ted-Cruz-Donald-Trump/2016/11/15/id/759095/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »
An executive bringing in talent is not a surprise. I will give Cruz credit for actually working. Risky for Cruz if he gets fired though...

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 11:24:41 PM »
This is going to blow up in their faces.

This will be the last of the RNC for a long time.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 02:34:41 AM »

Good thing they will be unopposed for 8 years.  8)

and then there will be fingerprints on the Supreme Court for decades to come  8)

Saintanger, I asked someone else this: Who are the DNC's up and coming leaders to take the party to the promise land again?
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 04:02:50 AM »
Good thing they will be unopposed for 8 years.  8)

and then there will be fingerprints on the Supreme Court for decades to come  8)

Saintanger, I asked someone else this: Who are the DNC's up and coming leaders to take the party to the promise land again?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 04:08:41 AM »

I believe I read that a few months ago too.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 04:59:34 AM »

I think I am okay with Trump's decision making and those he puts around him  8)
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 06:30:54 AM »
Trump transition team announces five-year lobbying ban for appointees

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/17/trump-transition-team-announces-five-year-lobbying-ban-for-appointees.html

The drain has started.  8)
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 07:11:38 AM »
I would love to have Cruz in there somewhere.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 07:30:52 AM »
I would love to have Cruz in there somewhere.

With his political aspirations, he's probably not interested in the Supreme Court. So, that leaves AG. I could live with that, even though he's my third choice behind Rudy and Gowdy.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »

Very few women names circulating.
Who am I to say but women make up over 50% of population so there's a reason to listen to them too.
There are good females. Not all of them are angry feminists.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 09:26:32 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Gowdy

Great sports announcer , classic voice.
But since he's dead, I'd consider him a long shot.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 10:05:15 AM »
Very few women names circulating.
Who am I to say but women make up over 50% of population so there's a reason to listen to them too.
There are good females. Not all of them are angry feminists.

Name 5 national-level female politicians that are suitable for a cabinet appointment....that were not backing Hillary or did publicly backed Trump. I'll bet you can't.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
The chica from Hawaii... will find name later.  She'd be perfect for something, I'd bet.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »

Name 5 national-level female politicians that are suitable for a cabinet appointment....that were not backing Hillary or did publicly backed Trump. I'll bet you can't.

Personally I would nominate Mrs. Michele Bachmann in some important post  8)    :o

Michele Bachmann Tells Brody File: God Has Raised Up Trump To Be GOP Presidential Nominee

Don't know the rest four