Author Topic: Cedric Benson released by the bears...WTF???  (Read 3538 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Cedric Benson released by the bears...WTF???
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
he averaged more yards per carry than bettis did in his first 3 years and had 5 less fumbles than bettis in his first 3 years as well..............if he had been given the same amount of carries as bettis he would have had 1000 yard rushing seasons...its been a week, if david carr can get picked up i have total faith that benson will!!!

bettis made the pro bowl i think twice in his first 3 years and was rookie of the year

owned 8)

E

E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »
bettis made the pro bowl i think twice in his first 3 years and was rookie of the year

owned 8)

E

lol doesnt change these facts, more yard per carry first 3 yrs and less fumbles...like i said he doesnt suck ass not great but decent

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
lol doesnt change these facts, more yard per carry first 3 yrs and less fumbles...like i said he doesnt suck ass not great but decent

every nfl team disagrees with you

E

E

body88

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 05:34:45 PM »
I agree with mctones. Not about Benson, but about efficiency. It's all about efficiency in regards to a rb.. Some backs will have more yards do to the system they play in (broncos). More touches = more yards, so yardage is not a great indicator of a good back. efficiency from the point of attack, ypc and successful offensive touches per carry are.

NFL teams looks for efficient backs, backs that consistently have plus yardage runs, and a good ypca compared to the amount of times they touch the ball. Guys like my boy Maroney : )

185 touches 837 yards 4.5 ypc avg... Compared to a back like Addai getting 261 touches for 1012 yards and a 4.1 ypc avg. maroney was one of the top backs in the NFL when looking at successful runs, and efficiency. That said, both backs played in high power offensive system that liked to throw the ball, but are more efficient than runners who touch the ball more times, and focus on running the ball.

Benson is not a terrible player, he is a disgruntled slacker, who had no offensive game to help him out. He's not good, but he isn't as bad as you think he is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »
I agree with mctones. Not about Benson, but about efficiency. It's all about efficiency in regards to a rb.. Some backs will have more yards do to the system they play in (broncos). More touches = more yards, so yardage is not a great indicator of a good back. efficiency from the point of attack, ypc and successful offensive touches per carry are.

NFL teams looks for efficient backs, backs that consistently have plus yardage runs, and a good ypca compared to the amount of times they touch the ball. Guys like my boy Maroney : )

185 touches 837 yards 4.5 ypc avg... Compared to a back like Addai getting 261 touches for 1012 yards and a 4.1 ypc avg. maroney was one of the top backs in the NFL when looking at successful runs, and efficiency. That said, both backs played in high power offensive system that liked to throw the ball, but are more efficient than runners who touch the ball more times, and focus on running the ball.

Benson is not a terrible player, he is a disgruntled slacker, who had no offensive game to help him out. He's not good, but he isn't as bad as you think he is.
couldnt agree more, reminds me of ricki williams somewhat man wtf!!!! somebody should slap these fackers in the back of the head

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
all nfl teams agree with me 8)

benson and ricky both played at texas, i remember benson cutting his dreds before the draft because he didn't want people comparing him to ricky

at this point being compared to ricky should be a compliment to him haha

E
E

body88

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
all nfl teams agree with me 8)

benson and ricky both played at texas, i remember benson cutting his dreds before the draft because he didn't want people comparing him to ricky

at this point being compared to ricky should be a compliment to him haha

E

He hasent been picked up because of his contract and his poor attitude - IMO. He has skills, but he is a slacker. You don't do what he did in college if you "suck", the majority of busts lack mental toughness and motivation. Most are very gifted athletes. Not to mention, with that offense, he had no shot to be a good back.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
He hasent been picked up because of his contract and his poor attitude - IMO. He has skills, but he is a slacker. You don't do what he did in college if you "suck", the majority of busts lack mental toughness and motivation. Most are very gifted athletes. Not to mention, with that offense, he had no shot to be a good back.

his contract has to be picked up after being cut?

he was a great college back but the nfl is a different game, as far as the nfl goes he isn't very good

as for the offense, great running backs make plays

what is so great about the vikings offense other than adrian pederson? 

what was so great about the lions offense barry sanders played in?

E
E

body88

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
his contract has to be picked up after being cut?

he was a great college back but the nfl is a different game, as far as the nfl goes he isn't very good

as for the offense, great running backs make plays

what is so great about the vikings offense other than adrian pederson? 

what was so great about the lions offense barry sanders played in?

E

No, but he is not going to take a pay cut, when his draft position dictates his contract...

Do you know how good Petersons offensive line is? Couple that with his talent and VIOLA. the second back in that system - ( I forgest his name, Chester?) is very effective also. As for Sanders, his offensive line opened holes the size of trucks, they had no air game, but the line could run block like you read about. Sanders had extreme talent, and is line was very good. The Broncos are a perfect example of a team that can plug any back into their system. Benson has the athletic ability to be a good back, but he is a slacker, and he is not mentally tough.

Most busts, lack mental ability, or they are lazy, Benson could be a good back if he played in the right system, and put the time in ( which he wont).. He was very good in college, and that takes skill.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 08:50:31 PM »
You think Benson is going to play for cheap, he was taken very high in the draft. Teams wont pay him.

Do you know how good Petersons offensive line is? Couple that with his talent and VIOLA. The Broncos are a perfect example of a teen that can plug any back into their system....

if he wants to play at all he's gonaa have to play for cheap, what has he done to earn a high paycheck?

the bears made the super bowl while benson was there, he wasn't good enough to start and thomas jones isn't anything great

E

E

body88

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »
if he wants to play at all he's gonaa have to play for cheap, what has he done to earn a high paycheck?

the bears made the super bowl while benson was there, he wasn't good enough to start and thomas jones isn't anything great

E

I agree, I'm just saying, he isn't as bad as you think he is. If you watch him run -( he has the talent), he's just a bonehead.

Imo the bears made the superbowl because of their defense, and special teams. They coulden't do anything on O in the superbowl.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »
the more i think about it i'm not even sure he was a great college running back

he had big numbers but there are a lot of shitty teams in the big 12

i don't think he performed well against good teams like oklahoma, i didn't even notice him in the rose bowl against michigan

E
E

body88

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 08:09:28 AM »
the more i think about it i'm not even sure he was a great college running back

he had big numbers but there are a lot of shitty teams in the big 12

i don't think he performed well against good teams like oklahoma, i didn't even notice him in the rose bowl against michigan

E

It will be interesting to see, if he is given a second chance, will he improve, or will he continue to be an idiot?