Author Topic: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???  (Read 6967 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »
"Religion" is what people go to War over, not their love of God/Jesus, which Mark clearly stated was a "Personal Relationship" for him.
Religion is Man Made and Organized to fit into whatever agenda Man creates for himself by way of adding followers to their campaign of personal gain to Glorify Christ. :-\

thats right, and in every religion you have folks like that. its the ignorance, hate and insecurity that fucks everything up.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 09:22:35 AM »
You probably speak for most Christian-hating generalizers, you open-minded champion of tolerance, you.

I don't hate anybody really. I also don't believe in a heaven where some people will get into and others won't because they choose to live their life in a different way then me.

To me this is just logical but if it sounds open-minded to you well then thank you I guess.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
thanks goatboy for telling the adult truth...the universe is 15 Billion years old and it was created by  Science

It wasn't "created," you fairy taler. It BANGED on its own. It wasn't, then it was. Something from nothing.

Hmm ...

In 8th grade science, Mr. Seymour said this was a fairy tale.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »
JESUS WAS FROM NAZARIA

HOPE THIS HELPS

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 09:25:10 AM »
Sorry to break it to you...   there's no such place.

Death, by definition, is the end of life.  "Afterlife" is a fairy tale invented for children and the weak. 

what about all that spiritual stuff - people seeing their own bodies, going down the tunnel, coming back, etc?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 09:26:08 AM »
JESUS WAS FROM NAZARIA

The Jesuses I grew up with were mostly Southsiders.

The Coach

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »
thanks goatboy for telling the adult truth...the universe is 15 Billion years old and it was created by  Science

Sure he is......prove the universe is "15 billion years old".

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »

Since when does a religious man need proof? But according to the bible the earth is now what, like 6000 years old? Tons of proof exists the earth is much older than that.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »

Coach,

yes or no - do you believe the bible's claim the earth is only 6000 years old?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
Coach,

yes or no - do you believe the bible's claim the earth is only 6000 years old?

This is silly.

Carbon dating has proven with pinpoint accuracy the earth is precisely 4.5 billion to eleventy googillion years old. They think it started on a Tuesday.

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 11:03:15 AM »
This is silly.

Carbon dating has proven with pinpoint accuracy the earth is precisely 4.5 billion to eleventy googillion years old. They think it started on a Tuesday.

LOL..hahahaha ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
LOL..hahahaha ;D
dont forget noah and the whale

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
If you really want to have any answers to what we are ect...Do some DMT...After doing that, you will probably realise that we are all just bacteria...Dmt opens your mind to other dimensions which are all around us...

The answers to the universe are known by many people...And religion has nothing to do with it...Its simply something that is programmed within us to have "faith"

The Coach

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
The answers to the universe are known by many people...And religion has nothing to do with it...Its simply something that is programmed within us to have "faith"

So you really think that many people have the answers huh?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »
Jesus would be apalled at the things man has done, is doing and will do in his name.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »
Since when does a religious man need proof? But according to the bible the earth is now what, like 6000 years old? Tons of proof exists the earth is much older than that.

The bible doesnt state that the earth is 6000 years, it merely states that man has been on the earth for 6000 years. And as for the earth being created in a week by god, what is a week to god?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
Dmt opens your mind to other dimensions which are all around us...

Christianity is wacky, though ...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 12:43:44 PM »
I just listened to tonights PBW with Dugdale.  When they asked Mark about his religion & bodybuilding, he said "I hate religion".  He than goes on with his theory on how he views his beliefs (some complicated explanation that I wont even try to understand).  He compares bodybuilding to alcohol and rock music.  He talks about how we can honor our body for Jesus. I just dont see how he can say that he hates religion when he's obviously so committed to it.  Can any of you religious scholars explain this.  For the Love of God...  ;D

Jesus himself hated religion.  He cast out the pharisees from the temple because they were all about religisosity, new the word, but were hollow vessels. 

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »
I'll take a stab.

I think Religion asked the question: what must I DO to become a child of God.  I think it deals with quantity (i.e., how much), and frequency (how often) of the "goodness" that I would do so He would recognize me.

Faith deals more with relationships than actions.  God makes me His child when I accept the salvation of His Son.  Since I'm no longer bound by actions to get right with God, my attitude is more, well now that I'm right with God, and that I'm a child of His, how can I live a life worthy of that relationship.

As we all come from families, we all know that our parents love us often in spite of ourselves.  We mess up, we disappoint them, we embarrass them, but we never think that by messing up, we lose our relationship with them.  Because we love our parents, we want to do right by them, at least most of the time.  It's different though from saying, I have to do right by them to get them to love me and be my parents.  They ARE your parents, and will always be.

If the Christian God gives you an opportunity to accept Him thru faith, and you know you don't have to work for it, How would you repay Him?  The answer is you couldn't, but you could live a life not to embarrass Him, and perhaps get to know Him better by talking to Him, reading and hearing what He has to say about Himself, you, and the plans He may have for you, which more times than not, are better options than what you would pick for yourself.

Not a bad deal.

Well put.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
"Religion" is what people go to War over, not their love of God/Jesus, which Mark clearly stated was a "Personal Relationship" for him.
Religion is Man Made and Organized to fit into whatever agenda Man creates for himself by way of adding followers to their campaign of personal gain to Glorify Christ. :-\

Irrationality is what breeds all of that to begin with.  If you promote any kind of irrationality (including deism), it's just a matter of time before wars and mass destruction takes place.

People who don't believe things without reasons (let's call them "sane people") tend to commit fewer murders, other crimes, and start wars to begin with.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »

People who don't believe things without reasons (let's call them "sane people") tend to commit fewer murders, other crimes, and start wars to begin with.

Like Stalin.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »

1. Jesus was NOT a religious man.  Biggest misconception of him...and it's a shame that he's been reduced to being a "religious figure" such as buddha or muhammed.  In fact, this is why Jesus NEVER joined any "religious community" such as the Sanhedrin council or any other religious organization of his time.

2.  Jesus did NOT bring a religion.  He never spoke of a religion or beginning "christianity" as we know it today.  Read your Bible.

3.  The ONLY people Jesus ever got angry with and rebuked were.................... .........RELIGIOUS PEOPLE!!  The high priests, pharisees, sudducees etc.

4.  RELIGION = hate, war, malice, rules, regulations, competition, hate crimes, murder, suicide bombings, genocide, holocaust etc. etc. etc.
my conclusion thus far....yeah religion sucks!  :o

This "religion" stuff is semantics.

1. He was a Jew with a spiritual belief system; he, therefore, was religious.
2. He brought The Word; if we believe, we are religious.
3. EVERYONE Jesus interacted with was somehow affiliated.
4. RELIGION has done more good for the world than bad by far.

My conclusion thus far: Religion isn't bad; man often is.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 03:14:36 PM »
... and men practicing Islam take the cake. By far.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »
not a religious scholar...but I'll give it a shot:

1. Jesus was NOT a religious man.  Biggest misconception of him...and it's a shame that he's been reduced to being a "religious figure" such as buddha or muhammed.  In fact, this is why Jesus NEVER joined any "religious community" such as the Sanhedrin council or any other religious organization of his time.

2.  Jesus did NOT bring a religion.  He never spoke of a religion or beginning "christianity" as we know it today.  Read your Bible.

3.  The ONLY people Jesus ever got angry with and rebuked were.................... .........RELIGIOUS PEOPLE!!  The high priests, pharisees, sudducees etc.

4.  RELIGION = hate, war, malice, rules, regulations, competition, hate crimes, murder, suicide bombings, genocide, holocaust etc. etc. etc.
my conclusion thus far....yeah religion sucks!  :o

where did you get your info from with regards to jesus not being religious? I just recently read something and it agrees with your statements.   

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »
My conclusion thus far: Religion isn't bad; man often is.

Religion has and will always be a limiting factor for progress. People of science have been deemed heretics throughout the ages. Like the people who believed the earth to be round, the people who believed the universe did not revolve around the earth and more recent the people who believe the earth is much, much older than 6000 years.

Who has history proven to be correct in most cases, oh I'm sorry make that all cases?

Another fine example of recent Christianity is the ban on condoms, yeah that's real smart thinking.

But the worst part is the whole simplistic idea of a being you must obey or else you'll be damned forever and the fact that people actually accept that! If god created us in his image then he especially succeeded with the dictators of this world. Like Stalin for example who you mentioned earlier..