Author Topic: Just a word of caution to all of you... Crushed Skull Bones (picture & video)  (Read 7917 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Just a word of caution to all of you...
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 07:05:22 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 07:12:27 AM »
Article notes that the event was a 'freak accident.' Not much you do to prevent those, I'm thinking.  ??? 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 07:13:08 AM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »
It enables you to supinate the wrists/arms during the movement so that it's more agreeable to your shoulders if the conventional way is more painful.  

good lord, thats just BEGGING for an accident. this story is just more proof

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
I like this one
how about universal logic-

matter can neither be created nor destroyed, energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

where did all this matter and all this energy come from? had to come from somewhere.

and thats where science breaks down.

First A) Believe, then B) understand

science is the explanation of how everything that exists works. science is the description  of the harmony of the universe.

God is the source of existance, and science explains the way in which God has set up our existance.

Have you ever heard "I think, therefore I am. " ?

the fact that you think is proof enough that you exist. the action of doubting your own existance proves that you do exist. because you must think to doubt, and you certainly cant think if you dont exist.  ;)

Same logic. Now apply it to existance: I exist, so therefore God exists.

that argument probably will not hit you right now. but in a week or a few, remember me when you finally understand what ive written here.  :)

when talking of God, words cant quite describe. language is finite. you can describe an infinite being with finite language, or in finite terms.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
That could be one of the poorest arguments i've ever heard.
I don't have to do shit to realize I exist. Its obvious. I exist, so therefore god exists? That's some unevolved chimpanzee logic there.

Religion is a silly idea. Talking snakes, Noahs Arc hoarding and holding two of every animal in the world.... how do you explain that Mr logic.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »

Here's some string theory for ya.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
I spotted a guy benching 275 thumbless and it slipped from the start position and bounced off his chest. He was handling the weight just fine so i wasn't close enough to stop what happened. I was a kid and thought this mammoth of a man was going to kill me. He took off to the gym room weasing and left the gym immediately. I remember the weirdest noise coming from him as the weight hit his chest. I feel partially responsible. lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 12:54:14 PM »
That could be one of the poorest arguments i've ever heard.
I don't have to do shit to realize I exist. Its obvious. I exist, so therefore god exists? That's some unevolved chimpanzee logic there.

Religion is a silly idea. Talking snakes, Noahs Arc hoarding and holding two of every animal in the world.... how do you explain that Mr logic.

I agree. That was flawed logic. His argument proves in no way the existence of a Deity.
X

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 03:33:27 PM »
how about universal logic-

matter can neither be created nor destroyed, energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

where did all this matter and all this energy come from? had to come from somewhere.

and thats where science breaks down.

First A) Believe, then B) understand

science is the explanation of how everything that exists works. science is the description  of the harmony of the universe.

God is the source of existance, and science explains the way in which God has set up our existance.

Have you ever heard "I think, therefore I am. " ?

the fact that you think is proof enough that you exist. the action of doubting your own existance proves that you do exist. because you must think to doubt, and you certainly cant think if you dont exist.  ;)

Same logic. Now apply it to existance: I exist, so therefore God exists.

that argument probably will not hit you right now. but in a week or a few, remember me when you finally understand what ive written here.  :)

when talking of God, words cant quite describe. language is finite. you can describe an infinite being with finite language, or in finite terms.

That's very profound, but you're overestimating my intelligence if you think I can comprehend all of that in the span of just "a week or a few".

P.S: You have to understand or know something first (fully or at least partially), before you can believe in it. Because to believe in someone or something, you need to have an idea of what they are or it is capable of, so you can then believe accordingly. For example, you wouldn't believe a washing machine can let you travel places like your car can, because you know the washing machine's purpose is to wash clothes and therefore, know it's not capable of being driven around like a car.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
That grip style always looked feminine to me...

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
you guys are so foolish...about 5 years ago I was training in my gym and a voice said to me to use dumbells and I have ever since. Not sure which deity it was but I defy you non believers to explain this 'devine revelation'

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
Is there some physical benefit to the thumbless grip?  I never understood why people use it.

It forces you to push with your pecs, relying less on forearms and triceps, IMO makes a huge difference

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:26 PM »
god is a bodybuilder.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:16 AM »
Jesus loves to juice

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »

That's very profound, but you're overestimating my intelligence if you think I can comprehend all of that in the span of just "a week or a few".

P.S: You have to understand or know something first (fully or at least partially), before you can believe in it. Because to believe in someone or something, you need to have an idea of what they are or it is capable of, so you can then believe accordingly. For example, you wouldn't believe a washing machine can let you travel places like your car can, because you know the washing machine's purpose is to wash clothes and therefore, know it's not capable of being driven around like a car.
:) your arrogance amuses me

you dont understand God? every human being, regardless of whether or not they believe in God, does undersand God.

God is everything, God is infinite, God is the source of all existance.

Every human understands that idea.

:)

now, as for you taking a few weeks to understand the "argument" i laid out above.... its not that you ont realise what i said rtight now, its that you wont realise te brilliance of it untill later on. a few weeks? if your lucky. (the brilliance does not stem from me, the brilliance is within the laws of logic, and the principles of metaphysics. brilliance in exception.

majority of people never realise the nature of reality.

Stavios

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »

BE CAREFUL YOU GUYS!

Remember, the devil wants to snuff your life out before you turn to Jesus.

Jesus said: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
– John 10:10 (KJV)

Please read the following story. This incident occurred just two days ago, 25 miles from where I own my gym.

Granville grad on life support after weightlifting accident

Fuck you

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
you guys are so foolish...about 5 years ago I was training in my gym and a voice said to me to use dumbells and I have ever since. Not sure which deity it was but I defy you non believers to explain this 'devine revelation'
God Of Iron told you. He tends to do that once in a while. I have had God of Iron experience. A fe yeas ago (heavy breathing, sobbing), the God of Iron told me to stop waiting for the idiot on the dip/ab crunh bar/lat bat to finish doing his 30 minute 10 sets of 5 ab workout. The God of Iron told me to superset  the pec deck with dips, and go to the stretch bar. It resulted in a huge pump.
The God of Iron told me if I follow this regime, that my soul would be cleansed and absolved of all sins.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 10:13:23 AM »
:) your arrogance amuses me

Says the 20 year old know it all, who claims he's better than all the established industry experts out there who are apparently "full of shit" and not as good as he is, who has very little credentials and even lesser experience, lol. You're not the first one of that kind nor will you be the last. That being said, I'm no different and there is nothing wrong with being head strong, as long as it doesn't turn you into a total asshole, which neither of us are.

As for the rest of your post, there's not much to say. The concept of God is so vague, undefined and wrapped around the just as complicated concept of infinity in so many ways, that anyone can say what they want on the subject and can neither be proven nor disproven with any assertion they make.

I pointed out a flaw in your metaphysics (belief precedes knowledge) and as is typical when you get beaten in an argument, you ignore it from then on and start on another thing altogether, while getting all defensive as hell. You say God is infinite and everything etc, but not every human "knows" that - nor do you either. It's what you believe and again, that assertion of yours can neither be proven nor disproven. There are tons of atheists out there who don't believe in any higher power at all and these kind of arguments have been around since the beginning of language.

So it's pointless to act like you've got the God concept all figured out or at least to enough of an extent where you can start talking down to others in regards to that subject. That's the realm of religion, not logic, which is what interest me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 10:17:19 AM »
Where is Falcon when you need him? I guess he is standing and reading the Bible on a paintcan.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 10:19:30 AM »
Says the 20 year old know it all, who claims he's better than all the established industry experts out there who are apparently "full of shit" and not as good as he is, who has very little credentials and even lesser experience, lol. You're not the first one of that kind nor will you be the last. That being said, I'm no different and there is nothing wrong with being head strong, as long as it doesn't turn you into a total asshole, which neither of us are.

As for the rest of your post, there's not much to say. The concept of God is so vague, undefined and wrapped around the just as complicated concept of infinity in so many ways, that anyone can say what they want on the subject and can neither be proven nor disproven with any assertion they make.

I pointed out a flaw in your metaphysics (belief precedes knowledge) and as is typical when you get beaten in an argument, you ignore it from then on and start on another thing altogether, while getting all defensive as hell. You say God is infinite and everything etc, but not every human "knows" that - nor do you either. It's what you believe and again, that assertion of yours can neither be proven nor disproven. There are tons of atheists out there who don't believe in any higher power at all and these kind of arguments have been around since the beginning of language.
Ah, rock stars internet geniuses. Is there anything they don't know?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
Ah, rock stars internet geniuses. Is there anything they don't know?

The philosophy of us internet geniuses is simple - if you can Google it, you know it and know it better than anyone else out there ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

So it's pointless to act like you've got the God concept all figured out or at least to enough of an extent where you can start talking down to others in regards to that subject. That's the realm of religion, not logic, which is what interest me.

Hit a front double bi at the pearly gates and God will back down.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 10:33:29 AM »
The philosophy of us internet geniuses is simple - if you can Google it, you know it and know it better than anyone else out there ;D
Googling is fine. We all use it. But knowing when to throw a washing machine into your thesis, and when not to...now that is the mark of true philosopher.  ;D