Author Topic: RAW Natural Strength: Layne Norton breaks state powerlifting record  (Read 20567 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: RAW Natural Strength: Layne Norton breaks state powerlifting record
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
To be fair, Hermann Goerner was pulling in the #700's  at #220-#240. Bob Peoples was only a #181 class lifter when was pulling #600 - 725 both pre and post war, and could still pull in the 600's late in life. William Boone was another lifter that could get into the high #600's in the 1930's - 40's. John Terry was only #132 when he pulled #610 in the 1930's.

Not saying Norton has been clean all through his career, but he could of did this meet clean, and hit those numbers.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »

ROFL, you delusional c unt. Any idea how fucking far away a 700 pound squat is from deadlifting 405? Hahahahahha what a joke.

Take a step back young Han Solo, re-read what i posted, and get back to me...

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Now imagine the poundages he would lift if he took steroids  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »

ROFL, you delusional c unt. Any idea how fucking far away a 700 pound squat is from deadlifting 405? Hahahahahha what a joke.

LOL exactly. 700 is a lifetime from 400. Like my training partner says, any man should be able to deadlift 200kg (440lbs), even if the only physical thing you do is dig around a bit in you garden. :D
But 300kg (660lbs) is in another universe.

If you haven't done it, don't say you could have done it if you only did this or that LOL.

I did 400lbs in my second deadlift workout as a kid. It took about 15 years to reach 700... with steroids LOL. :D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
Fag norton has easily got one of the most puchable faces ever.
Nothing more annoying that a gay nerd trying to look tough.
Looks like a fucking rat lookong thru a toilet brush.
Utter c unt.

Great athlete nonetheless

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
I disagree. There's a red thread in every effective hypertrophy program. There aren't really vastly different programs which work differently for different people. Humans aren't really that dissimilar, our muscles work the same.

I suggest the book "The Sports Gene", the author is Epstein or something like that.  It's all about this kind of stuff.

The short of it is you can put different people on the exact same exercise program and get vastly different results.

Now imagine the poundages he would lift if he took steroids  :D

Haha yes Raymondo, he would be a savage beast indeed if he was not such a moral man!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
LOL exactly. 700 is a lifetime from 400. Like my training partner says, any man should be able to deadlift 200kg (440lbs), even if the only physical thing you do is dig around a bit in you garden. :D
But 300kg (660lbs) is in another universe.

If you haven't done it, don't say you could have done it if you only did this or that LOL.

I did 400lbs in my second deadlift workout as a kid. It took about 15 years to reach 700... with steroids LOL. :D

Exactly. The dude doesn't know what he's talking about. There is a universe of difference between squatting 405 and hitting seven. A 700-pound squat, performed drug-free and raw/classic, is monumental. I have been flirting with mid-600s lifts for years, and I do think I will eventually reach seven, but require perhaps several more years training. I have already been at it for well over 20. And I am a naturally strong fella, too.  

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
Exactly. The dude doesn't know what he's talking about. There is a universe of difference between squatting 405 and hitting seven. A 700-pound squat, performed drug-free and raw/classic, is monumental. I have been flirting with mid-600s lifts for years, and I do think I will eventually reach seven, but require perhaps several more years training. I have already been at it for well over 20. And I am a naturally strong fella, too.  

Oh I get it, only you can prevent forest fires...

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
Very interesting.  Layne Norton pulled 677, and failed at 700.  Ronnie Coleman in his powerlifting prime pulled 747.5, and failed at 752 while having about 40 lbs more bodyweight than Layne.  Essentially, Layne is pound for pound much stronger than Ronnie Coleman was in his prime.  Amazing what hard work and determination can do.   :D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
Very interesting.  Layne Norton pulled 677, and failed at 700.  Ronnie Coleman in his powerlifting prime pulled 747.5, and failed at 752 while having about 40 lbs more bodyweight than Layne.  Essentially, Layne is pound for pound much stronger than Ronnie Coleman was in his prime.  Amazing what hard work and determination can do.   :D

ronnie was natural tho

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
No. There are different workout programs. Different ideas on the best rep ranges and volume. You have to experiment to find out what works best for you. Not everyone responds the same to certain training methods.

post a pic of yourself or shut the fuck up
all drugs - TPPIIP

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
Because you're calling others not knowledgeable without knowing who you are.

Obviously I wasn't talking to you dumbass..

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
It's BS only if it's like the bolded where you had no clue what you were doing at first.

100%, i learnt more about what i was doing to improve in my second and third years natural but the gains slowed every year, the first year you gain more just turning up even if you overtrain.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »
so apparantly layne gains more strength and muscle than the rest of us naturally because of WHY exactly?

you guys are stupid never asking why?

if hes so smart there should be 20 people hes trained by now with crazy lift numbers

I tend to agree, mighty Falcon.

If I had to say it in a word, it'd be Halotestin.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »
I suggest the book "The Sports Gene", the author is Epstein or something like that.  It's all about this kind of stuff.

The short of it is you can put different people on the exact same exercise program and get vastly different results.

I haven't read the book so I don't know what it asserts.

But, someone could be doing the most efficient program without getting much in the way of results, simply because he doesn't have many muscle fibers, has short muscle bellies and due to a host of other genetic features. Still, the stimulus for growth is the same. Just like no sprinter will get better by only running marathons no bodybuilder will grow best by doing 50 sets of 100 reps every day for each muscle. It's like with drugs, some metabolise drugs faster and may need a little higher dosage compared to someone else for the same effect, but people still respond pretty much the same with some minor variations.

If everyone needed some unique program to progress at all you could forget about programming in any sport, it would be an impossible task to train anyone successfully.

Don't forget that powerlifting is a lot about angles and leverages and technique. Like turning your feet out an inch and adding 20lbs to a lift, that sort of thing.

And genetic skeletal structure. Look at this pic and you immediately see why this guy has an advantage in deadlifting. That's why judging demonstratable strength and connecting it to drugs is tricky.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »
Still, the stimulus for growth is the same.

what is this stimulus?

overload? volume? intensity?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
You are aware that there are differences of opinion when it comes to volume, rep range, and training to failure right Van_Bilderass?

Oh and in case you missed it Van_Bilderass here's some actual science that supports that individuals vary.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/strength-and-neuromuscular-adaptation-following-one-four-and-eight-sets-of-high-intensity-resistance-exercise-in-trained-males-research-review.html
A

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »
You are aware that there are differences of opinion when it comes to volume, rep range, and training to failure right Van_Bilderass?

Oh and in case you missed it Van_Bilderass here's some actual science that supports that individuals vary.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/strength-and-neuromuscular-adaptation-following-one-four-and-eight-sets-of-high-intensity-resistance-exercise-in-trained-males-research-review.html

I know and I have read everything by Lyle, his reviews of research etc. I've always said he's a master, despite looking like a twig.  :D
Individuals vary, yes, but you can still see the same red thread in all effective programs.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »
what is this stimulus?

overload? volume? intensity?

well, since Wolfox linked to Lyle's page, I will quote Lyle:

In an exceptional paper (which I recommend the reading of to any nerds in the field) titled “Mechanism of work induced hypertrophy of skeletal muscle” a researcher named Goldspink pretty much laid it out concluding that:

It is suggested that increased tension development (either passive or active) is the critical event in initiating compensatory growth.

Basically, the development of high levels of tension within the muscle is the key factor in initiating the growth process.  I’d note that there are also some elements of fatigue that may be contributing to what ‘turns on’ the growth response.  Finally, I’d note that in order to keep stimulating growth beyond an acute training bout, there has to be an increase in tension.  Basically, over time you have to add weight to the bar.

Which as another great scientist in the field (Ronnie Coleman) summed up thusly:

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/reps-per-set-for-optimal-growth.html

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »
Layne does seem natural from the looks of him. If he is using he is not a great responder. No cartoonish physique here...
MIRAGETROPIN

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
I swear most people on this site have never lifted before...Anyone that lifts over 135 pounds, people scream PED's...I can get up to 405 on the deadlift with just a few months training...I have never deadlifted for a long period of time seriously...Squat is the same...It is a hobby for me, I lift till i get bored, then start all over again...Someone that trains naturally that has lifted consistently for 15 years can get pretty damn strong...I can see myself squatting 700 easily if I dedicated my life to it...Those that can not see themselves doing that feat, WTF? I cant bench anymore because of shoulder pain...I went from 225 on the bench, to 290 for reps in one damn month, just one!!!!!!!! Then i quit benching because i reached my goal...I am older now, but I wonder what I would have achieved if I dedicated myself truely to lifting weights...

Its often said success comes with dedication, consistency, and hard work...Get a life people, Layne Norton is natural, and you are to weak minded to conceive you could not accomplish the same as him..

I think it is hard to say for sure he is natty. 405 deads high school kids can do, sure. Jump it up a couple hundred, even just to 500 and it gets much harder.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
Layne does seem natural from the looks of him. If he is using he is not a great responder. No cartoonish physique here...

No way.... have you seen the pictures of him in contest shape?  He is a big dude.

Off season sure, I don't think he uses, but he diets down from a smooth 220 to a ripped 200. No way that's happening as a natural

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
I haven't read the book so I don't know what it asserts.

But, someone could be doing the most efficient program without getting much in the way of results, simply because he doesn't have many muscle fibers, has short muscle bellies and due to a host of other genetic features. Still, the stimulus for growth is the same. Just like no sprinter will get better by only running marathons no bodybuilder will grow best by doing 50 sets of 100 reps every day for each muscle. It's like with drugs, some metabolise drugs faster and may need a little higher dosage compared to someone else for the same effect, but people still respond pretty much the same with some minor variations.

If everyone needed some unique program to progress at all you could forget about programming in any sport, it would be an impossible task to train anyone successfully.

Don't forget that powerlifting is a lot about angles and leverages and technique. Like turning your feet out an inch and adding 20lbs to a lift, that sort of thing.

And genetic skeletal structure. Look at this pic and you immediately see why this guy has an advantage in deadlifting. That's why judging demonstratable strength and connecting it to drugs is tricky.

hey look liar notrom beats a young arnold too
"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
layne is WAYYY TOO STRONG for a natural

HOWEVER

his ripped look could be acheived naturally i would know because i was near that ripped condition at some points in my life

but ive never had freaky strenth.

i cheat curled 225 , i mean really cheated, i could barbell curl 135 for like 18 reps

best bench was 225 for 17 bouncy reps but full range

best squat was 315 for 3 and 275 for liek 10 i think

best dead was 500

i could never do 225 seated military behind the neck i was close but couldnt do it i could probably do 210
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
layne is WAYYY TOO STRONG for a natural

HOWEVER

his ripped look could be acheived naturally i would know because i was near that ripped condition at some points in my life

but ive never had freaky strenth.

i cheat curled 225 , i mean really cheated, i could barbell curl 135 for like 18 reps

best bench was 225 for 17 bouncy reps but full range

best squat was 315 for 3 and 275 for liek 10 i think

best dead was 500

i could never do 225 seated military behind the neck i was close but couldnt do it i could probably do 210

layne is so full of shit i want to fight him  :D
A