Author Topic: RAW Natural Strength: Layne Norton breaks state powerlifting record  (Read 20564 times)

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
Re: RAW Natural Strength: Layne Norton breaks state powerlifting record
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
Being strong is so much more than just "muscles" and is the reason why there are world class freaks who are clean whereas in bodybuilding it is almost always possible to spot someone who is "on".

I know a clean, sub 80kg guy, who screws around with his training, looks more like a Men's Health model, who can deadlift 315kg without even a belt. when he was 19yrs old he apparently lifted a barbell for the first time (dead) and pulled 210kg. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »
The only thing I found unusual about the squat is there was no pause at the bottom.

Since when does ANY federation require a pause at the bottom of a squat?

You know nothing. Leave the discussion to those with half a clue. Thanks.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:34 AM »

AAU. Thanks for coming. Tip your waiter on the way out.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »
Obama is a manufatured "president!?"      Manufactured?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »
Obama is a manufatured "president!?"      Manufactured?

::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »

Point it out to me:

Squat
Rules of Performance:

The lifter shall face the front of the platform. The bar shall be held horizontal across the
shoulders, hands and fingers gripping the bar, and the top of the bar not more that the
thickness of the bar bel
ow the outer edge of the shoulders. Th
e
hands may be positioned
anywhere on the bar inside and or in contact with the inner collars.

After removing the bar from the racks, (the lifter may be aided in the removal of the bar
from the racks by the sp
otter/loaders) the lifter must move backwards to establish the
starting position. When the lifter is motionless, erect with knees locked, and the bar
properly positioned the Chief Referee will give the signal to begin the lift. The signal shall
consist of a downward movement of the arm and the audible command “squat”. Before
receiving the signal to “squat”, the lifter may make any position adjustments within the
rules, without penalty. For reasons of safety, the lifter may be requested t
o “rack” the bar if
after a five (5) second period he is not in the correct position to begin the lift. The signal to
replace the bar shall consist of a backward movement of the arm and the audible command
“rack”.
The lifter may resume the att
empted lift after racking the bar if time permits under the
60 second rule.

Upon receiving the Chief Referee’s signal the lifter must bend the knees and lower the body
until the top surface of the legs at the hip joint is lower that the top of the
knees. Only one
decent attempt is allowed. The attempt is deemed to have commenced when the lifters
knees have unlocked. The bar may move from its starting position downwards on the lifters
back the thickness of the bar during the performance o
f the lift.

The lifter must recover at will to an upright position with the knees locked. Double
bouncing at the bottom of the squat attempt or any downward movement is not permitted.
When the lift
er is motionless (in the apparent final position) the Chief Referee will give the
signal to rack the bar.

The signal to rack the bar will consist of a backward motion of the arm and the audible
command “rack”. The lifter must then move forward and
return the bar to the racks. For
reasons of safety, the lifter may request the aid of the spotter/loaders in returning the bar to,
and replacing it in the racks.

The lifter must stay with the bar at all times during the lift and while returning the
bar to the
racks.

No more than five and not less than two spotter/loaders shall be on the platform at any time.
The Chief referee shall decide the number of spotter/loaders needed on the platform.
Designated spotter/loaders may not be replaced
unless approved by the Chief Referee. A
lifter may use spotters other tha
n
those on the platform with the approval of the Chief
Referee. If in the opinion of the meet director, additional spotters are needed and the
spotting can be done safely
, additional spotters may be used.

http://image.aausports.org/handbooks/powerlifting/Powerlifting_Handbook.pdf

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2013, 08:17:51 AM »
19yrs old he apparently lifted a barbell for the first time (dead) and pulled 210kg. 
He he, I did exactly the  same thing at 18, in a gym in Madrid 1968. The gym owner was not there when I lifted the new gym record (210 kg) and would not give me the record because he did not believe it  ;D  

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2013, 08:20:42 AM »

;D ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Point it out to me:

Holy fuck what sheer ownage.  Van B, are you an attorney or something?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
Point it out to me:

Don't know what to tell you. I have a kid who won both the AAU national and two weeks ago the world's. In the 198 20-23 year old class. I wasnt there but from what I was told he missed the first lift because he didn't come up on the judges cue.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »
Don't know what to tell you. I have a kid who won both the AAU national and two weeks ago the world's. In the 198 20-23 year old class. I wasnt there but from what I was told he missed the first lift because he didn't come up on the judges cue.

That's about hitting sufficient depth, not about pausing at the bottom

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2013, 08:32:33 AM »
::)
Well, if you're gonna make a definitive political statement for all of us to see, it's best not look like a retard by misspelling shit.  :-\

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »

Terrific. Let me change the question: What we-should-give-a-shit federation requires a pause at the bottom of a squat? In my years competing in and following powerlifting, I have never seen a lifter be asked to pause his squat in the hole. And this applies to feds of all types.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »

Okay, I say it again. You know nothing about what is the sport of powerlifting. Please leave the discussion to those of us who have half a clue.

The thing I find unusual ... What a tosser. Find one, ONE, video on YouTube of a powerlifter competing who is pausing in the hole and post the link.

"Coach", oh brother.  ::) 

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »
AAU stuff -

General -

Squat -

Bench -

Deadlift -

Good general watching for those not familiar with the older rules.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »
Terrific. Let me change the question: What we-should-give-a-shit federation requires a pause at the bottom of a squat? In my years competing in and following powerlifting, I have never seen a lifter be asked to pause his squat in the hole. And this applies to feds of all types.

It is what it is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
AAU stuff -

General -

Squat -

Bench -

Deadlift -

Good general watching for those not familiar with the older rules.

I stand corrected.

As for the rest of you who NEVER make mistakes........fuck you.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
Okay, I say it again. You know nothing about what is the sport of powerlifting. Please leave the discussion to those of us who have half a clue.

The thing I find unusual ... What a tosser. Find one, ONE, video on YouTube of a powerlifter competing who is pausing in the hole and post the link.

"Coach", oh brother.  ::) 

There's a huge difference between "pausing" and the double pump or bounce that the AAU rules mention. Nobody allows bouncing. I guess if you're worried about squat depth, pause away so there's no question. I paused on my first and second attemp in my last meet several weeks ago, went conservative so there was no question.....atttempt 3 was down and up. I think heavy squats and deads make average BB's feel bad abou themselves or something. Its to different activites that share the same equipment. I don't need 40 inch peaks and you don't need to pull 600lbs off the ground to get where you want to go. More power to you if u look like Dan Green
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »
genetics have to do with shape and how you respond, how fast etc .. nothing to do with developement.. that's just drugs alone and their quality and quantity .. most of you woulnd't know what good genetics even mean par example. Chiro is just a dreamy kid  ;D
I agree 100%... I think you have great genetics for shape. Genetic elite is a stretch bro, be real.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
I agree 100%... I think you have great genetics for shape. Genetic elite is a stretch bro, be real.
I AM real bro, based on how I respond  ;) .. I also had great strength genetics and was very explosive. I played pro tennis, top level basketball, squash and was no slouch at bodybuilding.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
You're the genetic elite which is why you need 200 mg of dbol and 2 grams of test to achieve what many polygraph tested naturals would stomp all over. As soon as you go off you look like you've never touched a weight in your life.

You're so full of yourself and the thing is it's totally unwarranted. You shit talk anyone who claims to be natural that looks better than you. You meltdown every time this comes up. You just can't fathom how some natural could be better than you all juiced out on 200mg of dbol.

Next time you're in america visit a division 1 college and go watch their football players lift. They are bigger than you, faster than you, and stronger than you. And guess what? the majority of those kids are natural.
Quoted for TRUTH..Damn good post.  Again ''he must be using(ped)'',when referring to someone with a superior physique or strength level, is the mantra of the genetically inferior.
Now, granted there are individuals who do lie about natural status-however,just like height,or other physical differences there are some with an ability to naturally build more muscle,
Ya it sucks to get dealt shitty muscle genetics, when you want to be a bodybuilder-same as the 5 foot nothin dude who wants to play pro basketball, it's just not in the genetic cards-but,that's life.
H

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
I stand corrected.

As for the rest of you who NEVER make mistakes........fuck you.

C'mon, man. When you post in a thread about something you obviously know little about, then don't post. Sure I am mistaken about things. But I know when I do not know and I therefore keep my mouth shut. The whole pause-in-the-hole thought is SO indicative of your not knowing much of anything about the sport of powerlifting that what I say applies totally to you. Just another internet clown who speaks with authority about everything and anything simply because the medium "gives him a voice" to do so.

Can it, pops.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
C'mon, man. When you post in a thread about something you obviously know little about, then don't post. Sure I am mistaken about things. But I know when I do not know and I therefore keep my mouth shut. The whole pause-in-the-hole thought is SO indicative of your not knowing much of anything about the sport of powerlifting that what I say applies totally to you. Just another internet clown who speaks with authority about everything and anything simply because the medium "gives him a voice" to do so.

Can it, pops.  

MMmm, actually I have a name, face and facility to go along with my "voice". Drop by sometime and train.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
Receiving the chief referee's signal

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
There is no required "pause" in the bottom position for the squat in any federation. None.

Now let's carry on bashing Edward Norton.
a