Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76598 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
Which basically means that its MORE addictive and causes bigger withdrawl symptoms

It says blocking, Chick.  ;)

Shooting Nubain will put an opiate addict into immediate withdrawal. Not afterward, immediately.

Again, narcotics are bad news all around, no argument there.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »
Chick, I'm sorry but that's ridiculous reasoning. Let me tell you something you won't believe: heroin and morphine aren't very toxic either. They will fuck you up in other ways, but won't give you liver or kidney failure quickly like Advil will when overdosed. Just because something is OTC or not says nothing about whether it's toxic to a specific organ.

Advil and Nubain don't even work through the same mechanisms. Advil isn't Nubain Lite.  :D
Can't even compare potency since Nubain isn't an anti-inflammatory.

Saying it's OTC was only to illustrate the point...not quite sure I agree with the rest of your synapsis. I know at least 4 BBers who were hooked on Nubain, all of which have had kidney failure

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »
It says blocking, Chick.  ;)

Shooting Nubain will put an opiate addict into immediate withdrawal. Not afterward, immediately.

Again, narcotics bad news all around, no argument there.

Which translates into having to do it on a continuous basis...which makes it LESS potent in your opinion?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »

Damn, this sucks.

Wishing you all the best, Luke.  I hope you can get that transplant quickly and move smoothly into the next phase of your life. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2009, 07:18:25 AM »
Luke is a very nice humble guy,when we both were invited to guestposing in Japan 2006.
Hopefully you guys show compassion for him.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2009, 07:21:10 AM »
Which translates into having to do it on a continuous basis...which makes it LESS potent in your opinion?

These are just nerdy technical details which you're not really interested in I'm sure. The part you bolded didn't mean what you thought is all. But yes it's addictive.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2009, 07:22:02 AM »
Chick, I'm sorry but that's ridiculous reasoning. Let me tell you something you won't believe: heroin and morphine aren't very toxic either. They will fuck you up in other ways, but won't give you liver or kidney failure quickly like Advil will when overdosed. Just because something is OTC or not says nothing about whether it's toxic to a specific organ.

Advil and Nubain don't even work through the same mechanisms. Advil isn't Nubain Lite.  :D

Here are some more "nerdy technical details"...

For intravenous users of heroin (and any other substance), the use of non-sterile needles and syringes and other related equipment leads to several serious risks:
the risk of contracting blood-borne pathogens such as HIV and hepatitis
the risk of contracting bacterial or fungal endocarditis and possibly venous sclerosis
abscesses
Poisoning from contaminants added to "cut" or dilute heroin
Chronic constipation
Addiction and increasing tolerance
Physical dependence can result from prolonged use of all opioids, resulting in withdrawal symptoms on cessation of use
Decreased kidney function (although it is not currently known if this is due to adulterants or infectious diseases)[40]

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:05 AM »
These are just nerdy technical details which you're not really interested in I'm sure. The part you bolded didn't mean what you thought is all. But yes it's addictive.

LOL @ the blocking part.    ;D

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »
Luke is a very nice humble guy,when we both were invited to guestposing in Japan 2006.
Hopefully you guys show compassion for him.  
epic trying to cover your attention whoring with some empty compassion call for a dumbass who's nearly killing himself due to sheer stupidity.

you disapoint me "musclecenter".

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

Yet more nerdy trrivial details:

Contraindications
The following conditions are relative contraindications for morphine:

acute respiratory depression
renal failure (due to accumulation of the metabolites morphine-3-glucuronide and morphine-6-glucuronide)
chemical toxicity (potentially lethal in low tolerance subjects)
raised intracranial pressure, including head injury (risk of worsening respiratory depression)
Biliary colic.[31]
Although it has previously been thought that morphine was contraindicated in acute pancreatitis, a review of the literature shows no evidence for this.[32]

[edit] Pharmacology

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »
epic trying to cover your attention whoring with some empty compassion call for a dumbass who's nearly killing himself due to sheer stupidity.

you disapoint me "musclecenter".
Hey,mate
Don't be so cold-blooded

skull crusher

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »
so in regards to luke wood...how many has milos almost killed now??

all pictures of luke before going to the koloseum gym were crazy!!
not so bad upon first entering the koloseum for about a good year.
and then just more and more down hill the more he was with milos.......
Shit im starting to think mishko is a passive aggressive type personallity,and is getting a kick out of slowly killing all his clients.

Do we really know this creep, or where he comes from. the country's hes from place little value on human life. pricks probably a serial killer back in his third world shithole. Bodybuildings version of silence of the lambs. (the kidney collector)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »
Yet more nerdy trrivial details:

Contraindications
The following conditions are relative contraindications for morphine:

acute respiratory depression
renal failure (due to accumulation of the metabolites morphine-3-glucuronide and morphine-6-glucuronide)
chemical toxicity (potentially lethal in low tolerance subjects)
raised intracranial pressure, including head injury (risk of worsening respiratory depression)
Biliary colic.[31]
Although it has previously been thought that morphine was contraindicated in acute pancreatitis, a review of the literature shows no evidence for this.[32]

[edit] Pharmacology

Gonna put this as nice as I'm able: You're just not getting the bigger context of how the body's systems work together. Cutting and pasting some pharmacology, nerd stuff doesn't show any deeper understanding. Take this from a nerd, LOL! Yes, built up metabolites from opiates affect renal function but other drugs (i.e., NSAIDS) are directly and indirectly toxic. Since AAS affect blood pressure it's impossible (yes I actually went there) for them to have no effect on renal function.

Personally, I feel information about steroid side effects is useless because it generally doesn't result in decreased use. People determined to use will roll the dice.  :) It's just silly to think not using drug X but taking everything else represents a higher level of safety.

At best, information about sides has the possibility to make usage a little safer. A lot of people argue doctors prescribing steroids would increase relative safety but it's doubtful that will happen unless the hippocratic oath changes.

My writing style is overly wordy and dry. In person it would translate better and I'm not trying to read like an ass

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2009, 08:27:17 AM »
Gonna put this as nice as I'm able: You're just not getting the bigger context of how the body's systems work together. Cutting and pasting some pharmacology, nerd stuff doesn't show any deeper understanding. Take this from a nerd, LOL! Yes, built up metabolites from opiates affect renal function but other drugs (i.e., NSAIDS) are directly and indirectly toxic. Since AAS affect blood pressure it's impossible (yes I actually went there) for them to have no effect on renal function.

Personally, I feel information about steroid side effects is useless because it generally doesn't result in decreased use. People determined to use will roll the dice.  :) It's just silly to think not using drug X but taking everything else represents a higher level of safety.

At best, information about sides has the possibility to make usage a little safer. A lot of people argue doctors prescribing steroids would increase relative safety but it's doubtful that will happen unless the hippocratic oath changes.

My writing style is overly wordy and dry. In person it would translate better and I'm not trying to read like an ass

Let me translate this for chick...Chick--stop cutting and pasting shit you take out of context because you really don't know what you're talking about and you are only making youself look even more stupid.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
Guys have been blasting steroids for decades...you never heard of any kidney problems until fairly recently...when diuretics, pain killers, etc were starting to become part of the program...I'm sure AAS dont help, but to make them the sole problem is just being ignorant (as you are)

Bob:

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2009, 09:15:06 AM »

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
What do these guys expect to happen?  I'm sure he also got his "blood work" done regularly, until one day, it's too late.
It's a ridiculous way to be.  Sacrificing health for a $3 trophy, just plain dumb.
Not to mention, a complete contradiction in what they try to portray...healthy living.

Next, someone will chime in with "you do what you have to, to compete".  Nobody told you to pose in a thong asshole...haha
I guess this makes up for Obama getting the Nobel Prize.
I don't wish harm on Luke personally, but you're an idiot having this lifestyle...period.
Man up, train hard, train natural...otherwise, you're a fag in my book.
BOOOOM! ;)

the Sad thing is, Luke is not the first and won't be the last Victim of this. you would think those guys would learn from their predecessors, but I guess once they sign the deal with the Devil, they can't look back?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

I can see both sides of the argument that Chick, Van_B and others are having, I'll offer my .02 as I can see it/understand.

I can certainly understand Chick's point about it being a cumulative issue. I can understand Van_B citing science supporting different viewpoints.

If a guy is not having his blood work done, and has no knowledge of things going wrong, that could be the very first step in causing the train wreck. Was Luke having Blood work done? Tom Prince said he never did, but it was the first bit of advice he admitted to giving at seminars. At least that's what he said in his 'net posts.

Was Luke prone to high blood pressure to begin with? Many people the world over have high BP, steroids or not.

Nubain is an opiate, and masks pain. Use steroids, push your body beyond the pain barrier (if you can even feel/distinguish between "good pain" and "bad pain") , and you're asking for trouble.

So you have high blood pressure, which is now pushed higher with AAS use, extreme training, thyroid medication, a reckless sense of ones health and a desire to continue on living the dream....you have what happened to Luke.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
maybe that dream is more important than healthy, longer lives?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »

It is.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »

Of course it is.  These guys have literally NOTHING else to fall back on.  Most are not qualified to do anything.  So, they take their shot (literally and figuratively).

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
Of course it is.  These guys have literally NOTHING else to fall back on.  Most are not qualified to do anything.  So, they take their shot (literally and figuratively).

that's sad. after all the glory and fame, (if you want to call it that), I would want a healthy liver/Kidney and see my kids growing up

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »
Injury/Illness causing retirement from the sport you love takes a while to accept and move on from but I'm sure Luke will be fine he seems like a nice guy with a good support structure.

Tony was smart to call him and get the truth out there asap.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »
Injury/Illness causing retirement from the sport you love takes a while to accept and move on from but I'm sure Luke will be fine he seems like a nice guy with a good support structure.

Tony was smart to call him and get the truth out there asap.

Bodybuilding is not a sport.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »

Here are some more "nerdy technical details"...

Reason I said it was nerdy and technical is that if you were into how the body works, how drugs work etc you'd already know these things. At least you could read these technical details and draw the right conclusions.

What it says is that if you're shooting dirty shit, heroin or whatever, you share needles or use dirty ones and then get an infection your kidneys can get affected. Not that pure pharma grade heroin used in a clean hospital setting is directly kidney toxic.

Reason these drugs are contraindicated in renal disease is that the drugs are filtered out by the kidneys. If your kidneys and liver aren't working properly the result might be that you get higher levels of the drug resulting in an OD.

Again, none of this means I'm defending the use of these narcotics. It's just something you wonder about when discussing failing organs, what really caused it.