Author Topic: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?  (Read 8261 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »
I am with you, it is not rocket science. The thing I see most is people getting all gung ho about getting in shape and hitting the gym really hard, most of the way over training, and your right not focusing anything on diet, you don't have to be hardcore, but do a few basic things, in a short time they get burned out. So, they go at it for 3 weeks, missing a few work out here and there, then stop for 2 weeks or more, come back for a week, and then get discouraged because they aren't making progress. I hear from them a year later saying, I really need to get back in the gym.
very true

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2007, 10:55:02 PM »
Here's the deal, NZ:

This is another perfect example of "do as I say not as I do". Mr Shaw is advising against heavy lifting, because as he puts it "the gains won't be there in 5 years". Shaw says that he's over 40 now, so his philosophy does not apply in the least to people younger than he is.

The biggest underlying factor that causes pros and ex-pros to condemn gear and heavy lifting could be as simple as "I don't want people to get better than me." I saw Lee say it in the BB Fans board, and here is another example. What a joke.

You might mean well, but hypocrasy is never cool.

I think you have missed the point. Listen to your physique.

If you are smart, you don't have to lift massive poundages to 'getbig'.

Know your boundaries and dont end up with those all too familiar bicep, quad and tricep tears.

Train smart and still look great in you're later years, that's all I'm saying.

Ted Maul

• Getbig I
  • "This is for the big baby, Louie"
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2007, 12:19:49 AM »
You are still body - building - muscle through pushups, chin ups  so its pointless building excessive muscle when its just going to all fade anyway..  its fools gold. ;-)

Better to maintain the bodies musclar system rather than break it down with excessive weights, joint problems and other health issues.

Bodybuilding is a fools gold.

These are the people that don't really know about it. I mean for me it's no more strange than to get in a car and go, in a quarter mile, five seconds. That to me is strange.

Still, I'll try to maintain my "musclar" (sic) system.......
"Gee dad, he's big"

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2007, 02:22:01 AM »
These are the people that don't really know about it. I mean for me it's no more strange than to get in a car and go, in a quarter mile, five seconds. That to me is strange.

Still, I'll try to maintain my "musclar" (sic) system.......

Well good for you; another convert to the cause of ending body dismorphism.

I just hope you aren't looking at yourself in the mirror at every opportunity and thinking you look 'small' despite being 110kg of muscle.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2007, 06:53:36 AM »
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?

I don't know. Tell us about your training and perhaps Chick and the other pros here can help you.

Ted Maul

• Getbig I
  • "This is for the big baby, Louie"
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »
Well good for you; another convert to the cause of ending body dismorphism.

I just hope you aren't looking at yourself in the mirror at every opportunity and thinking you look 'small' despite being 110kg of muscle.

Oh my god, I think I've just found someone on getbig who is unfamiliar with a Pumping Iron quote (from no less than the Governator himself).

P.S. BerzerkFury, your comments are the fucking nuts, keep putting those nobheads in their place, dude.
"Gee dad, he's big"