Author Topic: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?  (Read 8248 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
Look at the people around you and they always look the same. Why is it so hard for them to see the truth staring back at them in the mirror and make the changes necessary?

Where this that toxic monkey dude go? He always made me laugh when he would say he bodybuilds. Almost as sad as arvilla competing onstage.

People need to stop fussin and start lifting some real weight and not half assed like the girlie men mentioned above.
just push some weight!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:46:24 PM »
maybe they need your guidance
Z

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »
Do you recommend they adopt VOLUME training like yourself Alexx?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:50:45 PM »
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO DO NOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS?

Easy:  Lack of consistency
Ron: "I am lazy."

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
No. Volume training is no good. Heavy weights with proper form are good.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
just push some weight!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »
No. Volume training is no good. Heavy weights with proper form are good.

what?

you turned on volume training  >:(
Z

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
Look at the people around you and they always look the same. Why is it so hard for them to see the truth staring back at them in the mirror and make the changes necessary?

People need to stop fussin and start lifting some real weight and not half assed like the girlie men mentioned above.

Whats the point in 'making progress'... the muscle is all going to come off sometime in the future, 2 years, 5 years...

Isn't it better just to maintain what you have and dont be obsessed after "gaining" and "progress".

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »
Whats the point in 'making progress'... the muscle is all going to come off sometime in the future, 2 years, 5 years...

Isn't it better just to maintain what you have and dont be obsessed after "gaining" and "progress".

That's a great attitude for old people in retirement homes who sleep in caskets.
just push some weight!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »
That's a great attitude for old people in retirement homes who sleep in caskets.

Its a realistic attitude that comes with age. Why progress in the gym when its all going to come off anyway? Seems all a bit pointless.......

Better to keep what you have, dont go too heavy, stretch to keep everything toned and enjoy yourself rather than be obsessed with bigger is better.

That muscle will come off whether its 5 years from now or whenever...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:11:58 PM »
Its a realistic attitude that comes with age. Why progress in the gym when its all going to come off anyway? Seems all a bit pointless.......

Better to keep what you have, dont go too heavy, stretch to keep everything toned and enjoy yourself rather than be obsessed with bigger is better.

Why do you attribut progression with size? You want to maintain, to define your muscles, that is progression too my friend. ;)
just push some weight!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »

Bigger is better, up to a point.  Also, the more muscle you have now, the more muscular you're likely to be later in life when your test levels start falling.  If you plan on going to complete shit in just 5 years, you must have aids or something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »

Where this that toxic monkey dude go? He always made me laugh when he would say he bodybuilds. Almost as sad as arvilla competing onstage.

Serious question: you think taking third place (first place guy in my class went on to turn Pro after this show)
in my very first show (not entering the "novice Division" which is for first time competitors)
in the "Mens Open Heavyweight Division" is "sad"  ?!?!?!?!!?!?!
(i even made the local newspaper, mine was the only photo used of the whole show)
lol!.............if that's your definition of "sad" ..........your more delusional than everyone thinks!

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »

Easy:  Lack of consistency

Yes, Yes, Yes, this is the biggest reason people don't make progress! without a doubt.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »

Bigger is better, up to a point.  Also, the more muscle you have now, the more muscular you're likely to be later in life when your test levels start falling.  If you plan on going to complete shit in just 5 years, you must have aids or something.

Yeah well the body is cyclic... train for 9 months then have a rest or 'go slow' period.

Its better to stick to the basics - chins, pushups, curls, free weight squats to keep muscles worked... anything else is just a bonus.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 07:03:56 PM »
Yeah well the body is cyclic... train for 9 months then have a rest or 'go slow' period.

Its better to stick to the basics - chins, pushups, curls, free weight squats to keep muscles worked... anything else is just a bonus.

You must enjoy your 110 pound physique.  ::)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
Some people can't make ANY progress through life or their own body because they're hooked on alcohol and cocaine.  :D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »
Some people can't make ANY progress through life or their own body because they're hooked on alcohol and cocaine.  :D

That's what happens when you're brought into this world as a Pakistani.  :'(

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »
You must enjoy your 110 pound physique.  ::)

Well I'm just not fixated on the numbers game, I'm at an age where you get past that and realise this whole 'get big' thing is a con.

The sooner you realise that, the sooner you'll no longer be body-dismorphic.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »
Well I'm just not fixated on the numbers game, I'm at an age where you get past that and realise this whole 'get big' thing is a con.

I'm 20, I can look forward to holding onto my physique for another 20 years.  ;D

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »
maybe they need your guidance

No. They need to learn Chinese.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 08:24:56 PM »

You refuse to accept the effects a well developed physique and the character qualities it takes to get there have on other areas in life. Partial analysis is fine for single minded fools, and you fail to see the repercussions hard work in the gym can have on a persons character+++, which again will shape a lot of his life. Also, training = enjoyable, thus, it helps maximize the daily enjoyment of life.

In the global perspective, simple "numbers" in chess, training, bank account, test scores ++ means a lot, yet they might seem pointless if you focus your lens on the numbers themselves without seeing the bigger picture.

Many things such as becoming proficient at any activity can seem pointless to the simple humanoid. But the intelligent few knows the power of Gary Busey.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »
You refuse to accept the effects a well developed physique and the character qualities it takes to get there have on other areas in life.

Yeah but its dangerous for you heart to carry excessive muscle and besides all the eating just places too much stress on the body organs which low and behold breakdown hence all these BB's dying before they reach 50.

I wonder what % of gym rats will reach 50 on getbig? its like all the roidheads have a gun permanently pointed at their heads.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »

Those are the "wastes of space in gyms". They do nothing, no intensity, talk on their cell phones, socialize....the same winners you find in places like Planet Fitness, Premier Fitness, Bally's and Curves.

PB

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »

Hence the term "bodybuilding"

Not "bodymaintaining"

Fool.