Author Topic: Who here thinks it is acceptable to hit children?  (Read 8489 times)

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
Re: Who here thinks it is acceptable to hit children?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
my dad beat the shit out of me as a kid when i was out of line.  I think I turned out ok.  It just shows discipline.  Most of today's society is so pussified now with "time outs" for kids and "just talking to them."  And we wonder why kids are so fucked up and spoiled nowadays.  I will make sure to destroy my kids.   ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
i often put my kids in headlocks and other various mma moves.

1. it teaches them not to fuck with me
2. it's great training for my cage fighting career
Deep Tissue Massage

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
~

body88

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »
More often than not, you can tie bullies, emotional and unstable children....children who act out and children who have anger and violence issues, to some sort of emotional or physical abuse by a parent.  Beating this shit out of your kid teaches them that fear and aggression are the way to solve problems.  Treatment like that also destroys a child's confidence.

I'm not saying to act like a pussy with your kids, but physical harm and causing extreme fear to a young child is the wrong way to do things.  Remember, to them you look like Ronnie Coleman.  Also, chances are you are a fucked up person if you beat your child. 

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »
More often than not, you can tie bullies, emotional, unstable - children, children who act out and children who have anger and violence issues, to some sort of emotional or physical abuse by a parent.  Beating this shit out of your kid teaches them that fear and aggression are the way to solve problems.  Treatment like that also destroys a child's confidence.

I'm not saying to act like a pussy with your kids, but physical harm and causing extreme fear to a young child is the wrong way to do things.  Remember, to them you look like Ronnie Coleman.  Also, chances are you are a fucked up person if you beat your child. 

abuse and punishment are 2 totally diff things

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
Fine line between discipline and abuse.  I don't think anyone here (other than Ike Turner and Chris Brown fans) is advocating abuse.
~

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
threw a baseball at a bus

Don't know why, but that cracks me up.

Did the driver stop? HAHA
S

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »

body88

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
abuse and punishment are 2 totally diff things

If you wack your kid across the face with force and try to scare them you are borderline abusive, imo.  Its not needed. I don't have an issue with "spanking" a kid....but you get these people who basically whip their kids ass and think it builds character.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 03:22:26 PM »
Sometimes, you have to get their attention.

Parents who refuse to discipline effectively are the problem.  
It's perfectly acceptable to hit those parents.

newmom

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
Spanking hell yes..sometimes my little one is lucky she never got what I got and for some things that time out shit is for the birds. Would I spank on the butt in public no, never really had to but she is going on 4 so we shall see. All I have to say is keep it up and no more ballet or karate, that usually sets her straight

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 03:25:51 PM »
Beat them when they are VERY little and you will not have to ever do it again.

Remember that.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »
Spanking hell yes..sometimes my little one is lucky she never got what I got and for some things that time out shit is for the birds. Would I spank on the butt in public no, never really had to but she is going on 4 so we shall see. All I have to say is keep it up and no more ballet or karate, that usually sets her straight

Amen.  Of course, every kid is different. When I was a kid, my daddy would ground me from watching wrestling for two weeks if I misbehaved too egregiously.  If that didn't correct the problem, the beating followed.  As my daddy always said, "A hard head makes for a soft ass."
~

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »

If you wack your kid across the face with force and try to scare them you are borderline abusive, imo.  Its not needed. I don't have an issue with "spanking" a kid....but you get these people who basically whip their kids ass and think it builds character.

my son gets a spank across the thigh at most, i would NEVER hit him across the face, and your right i never understood why people think that beating a child will build character... unless by character they want their kids to grow being violent offenders like themselves

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »
my parents never touched,maybe 1 or 2 slaps when i was young

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »
Just curious...

It's not allowed to hit adults, so why should one be allowed to hit children?

CD

Ps. Hitting children is cowardly

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
my parents never touched,maybe 1 or 2 slaps when i was young

For all the reminiscing about "all the beat-downs we received" most here probably only got only a handful of spankings growing up.  I can really only remember 4 myself. 
~

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
I saw some older trashy guy hit his kid at a bar/restaurant once. He slapped him in the back of the head really hard, not sure why. I asked him how he would like it if someone hit him in the back of the head. He told me to mind my own business. I told him since it was 11 o'clock and this 10ish year old was STILL at the bar breathing in my smoke it kind of was my business and asked him if he needed a loan to get a babysitter in a smart ass way. He moved away from me, but him and his wife/GF stayed there till 1 a.m. while the kid played video games in the corner. Trashy people. I should have called the police tbh. When someone does that shit in public, God knows what they do in the privacy of their own homes.
E

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Bob Chick Appreciation thread
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
Hey this is a topic about  --->

Great guy, family man, what bodybuilding should be, Bob Chic.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »
I think many parents don't know the difference between abuse and discipline, and this is mainly where most problems come from. Anybody and everybody are becoming parents this day and age and not every person is qualified. Sure they are two different things, but a lot of parents can't state the difference. I think a lot of parents "discipline" their children (spank them, etc) thinking it's discipline while the kid on the other hand think it's abuse. I got hundreds of spankings growing up, and I remember telling myself at the time to remember how i felt about it so I wouldn't make the same mistakes when/if I became a parent. Many times when I got spanked, I didn't know why. I wasn't aware any act I did was wrong, and any questioning was deemed as "talking back" and thus more spanking was applied. Did instances like these teach me to become a better person? Apparently not. I think society has this idea that violence is the easiest way out of a situation so this is the method that we apply. For example if someone is doing harm to someone else or just acting like a jerk, many times people say "boy if they did that to me i'd go against their head" etc etc.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
There is a line from a movie that says, "you have to have a license to drive a car, but any asshole can have kids."
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »
I think many parents don't know the difference between abuse and discipline, and this is mainly where most problems come from. Anybody and everybody are becoming parents this day and age and not every person is qualified. Sure they are two different things, but a lot of parents can't state the difference. I think a lot of parents "discipline" their children (spank them, etc) thinking it's discipline while the kid on the other hand think it's abuse. I got hundreds of spankings growing up, and I remember telling myself at the time to remember how i felt about it so I wouldn't make the same mistakes when/if I became a parent. Many times when I got spanked, I didn't know why. I wasn't aware any act I did was wrong, and any questioning was deemed as "talking back" and thus more spanking was applied. Did instances like these teach me to become a better person? Apparently not. I think society has this idea that violence is the easiest way out of a situation so this is the method that we apply. For example if someone is doing harm to someone else or just acting like a jerk, many times people say "boy if they did that to me i'd go against their head" etc etc.

Yup.
I hate the State.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »
my dad beat the shit out of me as a kid when i was out of line.  I think I turned out ok.  It just shows discipline.  Most of today's society is so pussified now with "time outs" for kids and "just talking to them."  And we wonder why kids are so fucked up and spoiled nowadays.  I will make sure to destroy my kids.   ;D

I agree!  When they really deserve it beat their ass!  My brother and I had our butts cut when we were naughty and we turned out just fine.

But spank because they deserve it and you love them... never out of anger or frustration. 8)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »
There is a line from a movie that says, "you have to have a license to drive a car, but any asshole can have kids."

Keanu Reeves-Parenthood
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
I agree!  When they really deserve it beat their ass!  My brother and I had our butts cut when we were naughty and we turned out just fine.

ORLY?!?!?!?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!