Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

The blurred line between volume and HIT

<< < (2/5) > >>

Yev33:
It becomes pretty simple once you go through one cycle. If anyone is interested just post the weight and number of reps and I can calculate it out for you.

Barbell movements are the easiest, but I have also used this for weighted chins/pull ups. Dumbell excercises work as well. But I would recommend using barbell movements the first time around until you get the hang of how it works.

I have obviously seen this approach work in my own training as well as several others that were interested in trying it out. It would be interesting to get feedback from more people.

Donny:

--- Quote from: WOOO on December 16, 2012, 05:59:26 PM ---way to complex for me to even try

--- End quote ---
well really it looks just like % calculations you can do on a Calculator. Intresting post but i do not see the need to make it complicated. I think warming up with more than 1-2 sets just wastes strength before your max weight. However each to his own.

Yev33:

--- Quote from: Donny on December 17, 2012, 02:24:39 AM --- well really it looks just like % calculations you can do on a Calculator. Intresting post but i do not see the need to make it complicated. I think warming up with more than 1-2 sets just wastes strength before your max weight. However each to his own.

--- End quote ---

Yep, it really is just some very basic math.
What you see in this thread is actually the result of A LOT of trial and error.

What I have actually found is that by doing those work up sets with those percentages, it actually helped my performance on the last set. My body was already acclimated to the rep range and the calculated weight increases made the weight feel more comfortable and manageable.  

Donny:
was not criticizing you and it's always great to have diffrent and new ideas on here... ;)

oldtimer1:
I'm somewhat like you in that I always over analyzed my training. Yet some of the best trainers workout according to how they feel that day. Some figure out everything and put it on paper and try to follow a script when working out. I know I do. Others just walk in and say I feel like doing barbell inclines instead of dumbbell inclines today. They just wing the weight used and adjust on the fly. I'm here to tell you both approaches work.

Eddie Robinson was a duel threat as a power lifter and bodybuilder. He used a method somewhat like yours although I doubt he used a calculator. He would use four work sets outside of warm up. He would use four different weight/poundage but the reps would remain the same. He said when the weight was lighter he just would do the reps stricter and slower to make it hard. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version