Author Topic: Are UFOs real ?  (Read 231756 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Are UFOs real ?
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »
Perhaps you missed this, and let me know if you'd like extra-large fonts to go with it:

Please show me where you've accounted for science, technology and determination.

Its a simple question.   Why do you believe no evidence to the contrary somehow makes that which has no evidence possible?  How did you come to this conclusion? 
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »
Its a simple question.   Why do you believe no evidence to the contrary (combined with the presence of science, technology and determination) somehow makes that which has no evidence possible?  How did you come to this conclusion? 

Fixed.

Fog starting to clear?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
This thread's been an interesting look into the way different people think, I'll say that.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »
Fixed.

Fog starting to clear?

That isn't what you said.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »
Its a simple question.   Why do you believe no evidence to the contrary (combined with the presence of science, technology and determination) somehow makes that which has no evidence possible?  How did you come to this conclusion?  

Explain how science, technology and determination combined with no evidence to contrary work together?  Define determination?
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »

That isn't what you said.

I do tend to assume the person reading has a functioning brain, and has not suddenly emerged from cave hibernation, or from under a rock (ahem), etc., yes.

I seem to be learning my lesson in that regard, though.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
I do tend to assume the person reading has a functioning brain, and has not suddenly emerged from cave hibernation, or from under a rock, etc., yes.

I seem to be learning my lesson in that regard, though.

How does no evidence to the contrary make something possible?  Do you believe aliens visit the Earth?  

Explain how science, technology and determination combined with no evidence to the contrary work together?  Define determination?
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
How does no evidence to the contrary make something possible?  Do you believe aliens visit the Earth?  

Explain how science, technology and determination combined with no evidence to the contrary work together?  Define determination?

As mentioned several times before, I don't know and won't pretend to know.

How about you?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »
As mentioned several times before, I don't know and won't pretend to know.

How about you?

Why then do you claim they do if you don't know?
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
Why then do you claim they do if you don't know?

Give me the quote.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »
Give me the quote.

First,  why do you believe no proof to the contrary has any significance on whether something is possible?    And, do you know what an argument from ignorance is?
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »
First,  why do you believe no proof to the contrary has any significance on whether something is possible?    And, do you know what an argument from ignorance is?

Archer, give me the quote, please.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Archer, give me the quote, please.

Answer my questions please.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
Do you claim to be in the NSA, now, Oz?

:D

Do you claim to know if i am in or not in?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »
No quote?

Let me get this straight. You jumped into the thread like Helter Skelter. Didn't even know my stand.

Yet you challenged me NONE-THE-LESS.

What does this say about yourself?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »
No quote?

Let me get this straight. You jumped into the thread like Helter Skelter. Didn't even know my stand.

Did you ever look up an argument from ignorance?   How does no evidence make something possible? 
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[2] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
No quote?

I say it says he knows how to spot people who talk out of their asses. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[2] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Fortunately, Archer, any person that's bored enough can read our discussion, and its very strange process. It's definitely one for the records, I must say.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2014, 01:25:01 AM »
Too many pilots and People all around the world have seen things. The proof for me is the Ancient drawings and Art work. Contact has been made between us and them.. i think that it will come out very soon. People talk about being taken by aliens and are ridiculed so how many People say nothing? I think in the US there are Underground Research centres.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2014, 03:54:13 AM »
Too many pilots and People all around the world have seen things. The proof for me is the Ancient drawings and Art work. Contact has been made between us and them.. i think that it will come out very soon. People talk about being taken by aliens and are ridiculed so how many People say nothing? I think in the US there are Underground Research centres.

I would love it if Aliens were visiting our planet.  How cool would that be? How would you react if aliens suddently revealed themselves to the world?   
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2014, 04:30:11 AM »

I would love it if Aliens were visiting our planet.  How cool would that be? How would you react if aliens suddently revealed themselves to the world?   
i would ask them..."How much do ya Bench" ?... ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2014, 04:33:36 AM »
I think my first thoughts would be what do they want ?  i would be careful that is for sure.. not just running up to them smiling saying wellcome we love you  ;D ::) This is where you guys in the US have it better you can get Armed and defend yourselfes.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:13 AM »
i would ask them..."How much do ya Bench" ?... ;D

Haha. Do those skinny grays even lift?  

I think my first thoughts would be what do they want ?  i would be careful that is for sure.. not just running up to them smiling saying wellcome we love you  ;D ::) This is where you guys in the US have it better you can get Armed and defend yourselfes.

I agree, it would be wise to be skeptical but not overtly aggressive.   Remember that old tv series V?
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2014, 04:48:26 AM »
yes i do... also this was on British TV around 71/72 canīt remember. Even as a small kid i loved the chicks with Purple hair and tight silver suits...still turns me on... ;)