Author Topic: Random religion board thread...  (Read 27557 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Random religion board thread...
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 10:07:05 PM »
A steward is one given authority by a greater power to manage a situation.  A king would often have governors or stewards over territories within his kingdom.

Mankind is given dominion over the earth:

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

When you're given dominion you act as governor over that with which you've been given authority, but from the perspective of the giver you are acting as a steward on his behalf.

God is the creator and king and empowers mankind as stewards in that they are given dominion over creation to govern it and all its resources.

People are created in the image on God and as such are imbued with his qualities regardless of whether or not they believe in him.

The image of God is often associated with our physical traits, but in actuality it's aligned with our spiritual qualities....our souls....the essence of who we are when flesh and bone are gone.

Whether theist or atheist, we can exhibit qualities of grace, mercy, love, justice, compassion, anger, jealousy, etc....just like God.

So when all is said and done it then begs the question: "What are we going to do to fix the problem we've created?  Are we going to be accountable, take on the responsibility and use the ample resources at our disposal to fix the issue?  Or do you want God to step in, defy your personal will and exact his will instead?" 

You can't blame God that has laid out every possible resource to fix the problem and complain he doesn't do the work to fix your mistakes for you. 

In essence, he lays it out for us to play it out and often times we plain mess it up despite every ability and resource to fix and prevent issues.

Please - enough of this - your not able to answer with truthful reality based answers.

I'm not asking any god for anything - let alone sort out the mess on earth.
There are many many millions of various religious beliefs who no doubt do ask
Everyday via praying.  They are not heard or answered

Likewise I don't blame any god for what's happening- as clearly there is no such thing as a god.

May your thoughts & beliefs keep you happy.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 06:05:25 AM »
Please tell me you aren't this ignorant. That every fucked up thing that happens to man IS man's fault?

Care to comment again about this biblical passage?

In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

How does this passage fit into your argument?  :)

You just lost my attention again.  Rethink your reply and I'll reconsider continuing.  Otherwise take care.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 06:08:17 AM »

Please - enough of this - your not able to answer with truthful reality based answers.

I'm not asking any god for anything - let alone sort out the mess on earth.
There are many many millions of various religious beliefs who no doubt do ask
Everyday via praying.  They are not heard or answered

Likewise I don't blame any god for what's happening- as clearly there is no such thing as a god.

May your thoughts & beliefs keep you happy.

Your choice.....take care.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Your choice.....take care.

Thank You - You To.
we both have made our choices.

For Both of us i suspect there are many answered or even unanswerable questions.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 03:57:27 AM »

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 08:34:31 PM »