Author Topic: god wants the world to be ruled by evil because  (Read 61530 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: god wants the world to be ruled by evil because
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017, 04:46:19 AM »
And I believe they have....not in question for me.  Although reading scripture and actually doing what it says to do is the difference.  In the simplest terms they read the bible in an effort to find reasons not to follow it.  The great irony written in scripture being that those nonbelievers (with hardened hearts) can't discern scripture yet know the truth of God's reality revealed to them in God's creation.  Yet they suppress that divinely provided truth in their unrighteousness.

That's not true. There are people who were believers and follow the word and later turn atheists. Look up Matt Dillahunty perfect example.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2017, 07:31:29 AM »
That's not true. There are people who were believers and follow the word and later turn atheists. Look up Matt Dillahunty perfect example.

FYI, I'm very familiar with Matt Dillahunty, his story, the Atheist Experience in Austin, TX (I live an hour outside of Austin....shows been on public tv for years and years now).  I've watched many debates with Matt.  Posted about him multiple times on these boards in fact.

2 Corinthians 5:17   
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Timothy 3
You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!

6 They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of[a] vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. 7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.) 8 These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith. 9 But they won’t get away with this for long. Someday everyone will recognize what fools they are, just as with Jannes and Jambres.

2 Timothy 4:3-4   
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.  

Jude 1
4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

The Matt Dillahunty's, the atheist "Clergy Project".....all individuals defined as "turned from faith in the supernatural", but in reality were NEVER believers to begin with.

As my wife often reminds me, "Sweetie, people lie all the time."

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »
Just what I thought how you'd respond...because if you turn away from god you are simply immoral, selfish, ect. It can never be based about the true content or experiences with biblical philosophy.

They don't call it a dogma for nothing.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Just what I thought how you'd respond...because if you turn away from god you are simply immoral, selfish, ect. It can never be based about the true content or experiences with biblical philosophy.

They don't call it a dogma for nothing.

Well of course it's based upon their opposition to scripture, true content, experiences, philosophy/theology, etc......

The reason they end up opposing God/scripture/religion is because they never had any real experience with God and couldn't truly discern scripture because God knew the content of their hearts prior to their admission of denial and hatred of God.   Our faith in Christ is a combination of our truly repentant hearts desiring the will of God above our own and God's drawing of us unto him and both are interlaced and required for true salvation in Christ to occur.  Otherwise these folks are merely nominal Christians/believers that never truly believed.....even though after the fact they say things like "I believed with all my heart.....I studied at seminary....yada, yada, yada"

Matt Dillahunty has claimed decades of faithful belief and a short stint in seminary yet when confronted by true theological scholars and apologists he can't speak to basic theology.  Concepts a first year seminary student would probably know prior to entering the school, but definitely would know after starting courses.   Matt has memorized passages of scripture as can a 5 year old child or a parrot, but there's no depth beyond his presuppositions and subjectivity.   Matt is a terrific student of philosophy and an articulate public speaker.

In my estimation he's simply lying about his faith and seminary work LOL.  Why lie though?  Simple.  Attention, money, quasi-celebrity status, career, etc.....

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Well of course it's based upon their opposition to scripture, true content, experiences, philosophy/theology, etc......

The reason they end up opposing God/scripture/religion is because they never had any real experience with God and couldn't truly discern scripture because God knew the content of their hearts prior to their admission of denial and hatred of God.   Our faith in Christ is a combination of our truly repentant hearts desiring the will of God above our own and God's drawing of us unto him and both are interlaced and required for true salvation in Christ to occur.  Otherwise these folks are merely nominal Christians/believers that never truly believed.....even though after the fact they say things like "I believed with all my heart.....I studied at seminary....yada, yada, yada"

Matt Dillahunty has claimed decades of faithful belief and a short stint in seminary yet when confronted by true theological scholars and apologists he can't speak to basic theology.  Concepts a first year seminary student would probably know prior to entering the school, but definitely would know after starting courses.   Matt has memorized passages of scripture as can a 5 year old child or a parrot, but there's no depth beyond his presuppositions and subjectivity.   Matt is a terrific student of philosophy and an articulate public speaker.

In my estimation he's simply lying about his faith and seminary work LOL.  Why lie though?  Simple.  Attention, money, quasi-celebrity status, career, etc.....

Well at least I understand you now.