Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Logs and Info

HIT to volume

<< < (2/2)

Rmj11:

--- Quote from: IroNat on June 17, 2019, 10:24:30 AM ---For nattys. realistically, once you get close to your natural muscular limit that is as far as you will gain.

You can still get stronger maximally by training your nervous system using heavy, low reps.

So it doesn't matter how you train if your goal is muscular size as long as you train your muscle groups with reasonable intensity 2-3 times a week.

You can get fatter of course if you eat a lot and some of the weight gain will be muscle but it will mostly be fat.

--- End quote ---

That depends on the individual. Some don’t respond well to low reps and heavy weight. I’ve always found my sweet spot was 8-15 reps with moderate weight. Only fast twitch muscle fibre dominate types respond well to heavy weight, low set, low rep scheme. If slow twitch, a more endurance type of training is better.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Rmj11 on June 17, 2019, 01:50:05 PM ---That depends on the individual. Some don’t respond well to low reps and heavy weight. I’ve always found my sweet spot was 8-15 reps with moderate weight. Only fast twitch muscle fibre dominate types respond well to heavy weight, low set, low rep scheme. If slow twitch, a more endurance type of training is better.

--- End quote ---

I think perhaps I wasn't clear.

What I posted:

"You can still get stronger maximally by training your nervous system using heavy, low reps."

Not bodybuilding.

bhank:
I was a Dorian Fan and used to try and train HIT. I started getting old and injured. I find I get better results from more volume and blood pump than maximum failure lifts

IroNat:

--- Quote from: bhank on June 16, 2021, 04:26:18 PM ---I was a Dorian Fan and used to try and train HIT. I started getting old and injured. I find I get better results from more volume and blood pump than maximum failure lifts

--- End quote ---

Whatever works for you is best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version