Author Topic: Atheists are STUPID!  (Read 33055 times)

MIAMI BLUE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Atheists are STUPID!
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2006, 06:30:55 AM »
Atheists are either stupid, ignorant, or just plain communist. Since atheists don't believe in God, they shouldn't attempt to convince other people that God doesn't exist. What I don't like about atheists is that you find a lot of them in politics. Atheists don't have the slightest idea as to what "One nation under God" means or what "In God we trust" means to people who are patriots.

God is such a mystery that when you figure out who God is, then you will discover a secret that has been kept hidden by the Church and the State for so many years.
So it's OK for Christian to ram down there ideology on non-believers but not OK for non-believers to try to open some eyes. Look what faith has done in the last 2000 years, it makes  people kill others in the name of some god,it makes Christians kill Christians in the name of god, it makes people send children to fight in the name of god to be slaughtered like lambs, it makes people sell everything to wait for the end time, it makes people strap bombs to there bodies for the glory of god.Almost every major conflict in the world today is theolocally based. As humans we would be much better off if religious faith would die and reason takes over. Believe in a after life is fine if it gives you confort but there are better ways to teach morals and ethics then a scared straight mentality which in the long run has never worked.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2006, 06:45:20 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof#Science_and_other_uses

::)

Wikipedia is not a reliable source!! you should know that. They can put whatever they want there the information is not verified.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »
Atheists are either stupid, ignorant, or just plain communist. Since atheists don't believe in God, they shouldn't attempt to convince other people that God doesn't exist. What I don't like about atheists is that you find a lot of them in politics. Atheists don't have the slightest idea as to what "One nation under God" means or what "In God we trust" means to people who are patriots.

God is such a mystery that when you figure out who God is, then you will discover a secret that has been kept hidden by the Church and the State for so many years.

1.Hardly any atheists in politics.

2."One nation under God" wasn't added until the 1950's by communist scared politicans who equated atheism to communism.

3.Theists try to converte people..Why can't atheists?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »
Wikipedia is not a reliable source!! you should know that. They can put whatever they want there the information is not verified.

Wikipedia is reliable. However some articles in it aren't.

Articles that are frequently viewed are more accurate than those that aren't.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2006, 06:37:40 AM »
as whatever you people call yourselves, christian, catholic...whatever set you claim.......is it 'ok' to say 'athiests are stupid'?

OneBigMan

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 11:04:35 AM »
Atheists aren't stupid. They are just very ignorant people because they don't know who God is, and they don't know how God influences powerful people in politics.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 11:12:29 AM »
Atheists aren't stupid. They are just very ignorant people because they don't know who God is, and they don't know how God influences powerful people in politics.

???

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 11:20:01 AM »
and they don't know how God influences powerful people in politics.

Don't tell me you believe Bush is influence by God.....

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2006, 11:41:23 AM »
Don't tell me you believe Bush is influence by God.....

Karl Rove is God?

Uh-oh

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »

i still find 'ignorant' insulting

talkin about us behind our backs every sunday

tsk tsk

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
...because they don't know who God is, and they don't know how God influences powerful people in politics.

ummm, yes they do. That's where all the anguish comes from...

OneBigMan

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
Bush is influenced by God because Bush knows that God exists based on the false premise that makes people believe there is a separation of Church and State

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2006, 10:17:19 AM »
Bush is influenced by God because Bush knows that God exists based on the false premise that makes people believe there is a separation of Church and State

Bush is influenced by greed and his greedy wealthy supporters.  Be real.

And if God IS influencing Bush he/she is not doing a good Job.

OneBigMan

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2006, 07:59:06 AM »
Bush is influenced by God because Walker believes that he is the chosen one, to be the global God father of the(so called) holy war on terrorism.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »
Bush is influenced by God because Walker believes that he is the chosen one, to be the global God father of the(so called) holy war on terrorism.

(snicker)....  Who's Walker?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:59 AM »
(snicker)....  Who's Walker?

He's a Texas Ranger - a real bad ass.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2006, 09:51:54 AM »
Oh never mind then.  "BUSH is the anointed one" 

ALL HAIL BUSH! 

BUSH IS GOOD!
BUSH IS GOOD!
BUSH IS GOOD!

We've got BUSH!
We've got BUSH!
We've got BUSH!

We all want BUSH!
We all want BUSH!
We all want BUSH!

Have you had some BUSH today?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2006, 02:36:56 AM »
Ok...Now PROVE IT.

Prove God exists.

I can prove He exists to me, because my prayers are always answered (though not always the way I like and not always as fast as I'd like).  I've tested a number of the guidelines for healthy living, both in terms of food and relationships with other people, and they work.  I pay tithe and have found the money, plus interest, is always returned to me.  I'm raising my children using Biblical principles and I have four solid citizens who should turn into great adult citizens.  You can't take those experiences and say they scientifically prove God exists, but they're good enough for me.   

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2006, 02:45:29 AM »
I can prove He exists to me, because my prayers are always answered (though not always the way I like and not always as fast as I'd like).  I've tested a number of the guidelines for healthy living, both in terms of food and relationships with other people, and they work.  I pay tithe and have found the money, plus interest, is always returned to me.  I'm raising my children using Biblical principles and I have four solid citizens who should turn into great adult citizens.  You can't take those experiences and say they scientifically prove God exists, but they're good enough for me.   

"Good enough for you" isn't proof of anything!

Lastnight I prayed to thor that the sun would shine today, Guess what..It did! Therefor Thor exists!

Bad logic as you can see.

Prayer doesn't work...

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested.

Because it is the most scientifically rigorous investigation of whether prayer can heal illness, the study, begun almost a decade ago and involving more than 1,800 patients, has for years been the subject of speculation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?ex=1301461200&en=4acf338be4900000&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

OneBigMan

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »
Three things prove that God exists:

A. There is no separation of church and state

B. This country is more than "One nation under God"

C. "In God We Trust" means that the all-american politician in Congress has faith in God

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
I can prove He exists to me, because my prayers are always answered (though not always the way I like and not always as fast as I'd like).

I know EXACTLY what you mean. The prayers get answered, just not always exactly how we wanted it.
Last winter... I was praying really hard. And next thing ya know... we got eight inches of snow overnight.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2006, 02:21:29 PM »
I know EXACTLY what you mean. The prayers get answered, just not always exactly how we wanted it.
Last winter... I was praying really hard. And next thing ya know... we got eight inches of snow overnight.  :-\

;D  Yeah.  I gave up praying for the phone call from the lawyer handling the estate of a rich long lost uncle who died and left me a bundle. 

OneBigMan

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »
I know that praying works for people who call themselves religious conservatives. The leader of the pack is the president & CEO of America. The faith of Bush comes from his upbringing in Texas. The Lone Star State is a great place because of the culture of republicanism, cowboys, cattle, the ranch, pick-up trucks, rangers, the rodeo, & the christian church.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2006, 09:09:44 PM »
I'm not playing this game with you, Johnny. I don't have the time nor the desire to put effort into something you'll quickly dismiss. Anything ANYONE tells you will be viewed by you as non-credible because you simply lack faith. Nothing I can say or do can or will change that. It's your journey and yours alone.

As I told you, I have very personal reasons for my faith and I certainly don't have to explain them to a non-believer. Can you see how Matthew 7:6 applies here?

Besides, you're the one putting Christianity on trial - not me.

BTW, by retracting your claim of saying God is not real you're saying that it is possible that he is.

When you remove all that is impossible what remains is possible.

Ok.

Let me add my take on this.

Christians claim that there is an existance of something.

Hence the burden of proof lies on them.

The problem in our society, is that we've got it backwards.

We are giving the atheists the burden of proof.

When instead, we should look at it (faith) as an empty field, which we should try to fill with scientifically proven theories.

If there is no theory which holds up to critical scientific research, then there is no place for faith.

Good or bad, doesn't matter. It's just the truth.

And truth shall set us free.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2006, 10:16:51 PM »

Ok.

Let me add my take on this.

Christians claim that there is an existance of something.

Hence the burden of proof lies on them.

The problem in our society, is that we've got it backwards.

We are giving the atheists the burden of proof.

When instead, we should look at it (faith) as an empty field, which we should try to fill with scientifically proven theories.

If there is no theory which holds up to critical scientific research, then there is no place for faith.

Good or bad, doesn't matter. It's just the truth.

And truth shall set us free.

YIP
Zack

Jesus just put a bullet in the chamber and it's for you >:(