Author Topic: Supersets, tri-sets, giant sets, etc.  (Read 2921 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Supersets, tri-sets, giant sets, etc.
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »
Per the Joe Weider Training Principles:

Super sets mean combining antagonistic muscle groups. Antagonistic means muscles that
work against each other. Examples of antagonistic muscle groups include: biceps/triceps, back/chest, quadriceps/leg biceps. This
principle depends on doing both individual sets, one for each exercise, immediately after each other.

Compound sets means super sets for the same part of the body (e.g. two different exercises for the biceps to be done one after the
other).

Tri-sets mean the combination of three different exercises for the same part of the body, which are completed one
immediately after the other.

Giant sets mean a series of between four and six different exercises for one muscle group which are completed either immediately one after the other or with only very short rests in between the individual sets.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Supersets, tri-sets, giant sets, etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »
Used to super set arms for years with good results, also quads/hams.  Never really saw the point of tri sets or giant sets, i always felt like two exercises were enough.

Drop sets are my favorite, used to get good results doing drop sets with flyes for chest.  Also worked great for seated calf raises. 

Used to compound behind the head DB extensions followed by rope cable pressdowns for tri's, good stuff.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Supersets, tri-sets, giant sets, etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
Used to super set arms for years with good results, also quads/hams.  Never really saw the point of tri sets or giant sets, i always felt like two exercises were enough.

Drop sets are my favorite, used to get good results doing drop sets with flyes for chest.  Also worked great for seated calf raises. 

Used to compound behind the head DB extensions followed by rope cable pressdowns for tri's, good stuff.

Proper terminology is key if you want maximum results.