Getbig Alternative Boards > Y Board - The Player's Club

Moving is a bitch!

(1/31) > >>

CalvinH:
My dad is starting to slow down so we are buying a house with a nice in-law and it’s been nothing but a clusterfuck the whole way.
NYC mayor and governor have the city so screwed up that everyone is leaving the city and moving to the suburbs.

chaos:
Sounds like CA, our gov has to beg people to stay and threaten to tax them if they leave. How far are you moving from your current location?

CalvinH:
Same town,less the 5 minutes from where I live.
Houses sometimes sell in hours not days.
Great when selling CalvinH dads house but a nightmare trying to buy.
We lost 2 offers to bids at asking price or higher!

chaos:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on October 20, 2020, 04:40:07 PM ---Same town,less the 5 minutes from where I live.
Houses sometimes sell in hours not days.
Great when selling CalvinH dads house but a nightmare trying to buy.
We lost 2 offers to bids at asking price or higher!

--- End quote ---
Not too bad then, pack/unpack. Houses going that fast is impressive, I figure more people would want to leave the state.

CalvinH:
No I’m an hour outside Manhattan so everyone is moving this way out of the city.
New stove,microwave, and dishwasher sitting in the middle of the kitchen because the wiring was wrong so they wouldn’t install.
Dryer never showed up and no one can tell us where it is.
Cable had the wrong day so no tv for four days.
The movers for my dad showed up last Monday morning instead of Sunday so it was a rush job.
Literally closing the door behind me when the new owners pulled in with their movers.
Owners of the house we bought were missing some paperwork so we has to close two days later so we had to pay the movers per day to hold my dads stuff.

...and first night here I wake up at 2:30 am to find my dad going into the garage looking for the bathroom and last night I wake up in my room with my dad asking me where the bathroom was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version