Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 66117 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2021, 06:08:58 PM »
I think my neighbor died. Yesterday, there was a moving van in their driveway and a lot of stuff being carried out of the house by family. Last night, their house was pitch dark. He was/is 87 and she was/is 84. They'd lived there since the house was built in the late 70's. Thinking about this depressed me. Shit! I am only ten years younger the he was. I don't know for sure anyone died or if they did, which of them did.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2021, 06:41:32 PM »
I think my neighbor died. Yesterday, there was a moving van in their driveway and a lot of stuff being carried out of the house by family. Last night, their house was pitch dark. He was/is 87 and she was/is 84. They'd lived there since the house was built in the late 70's. Thinking about this depressed me. Shit! I am only ten years younger the he was. I don't know for sure anyone died or if they did, which of them did.

Please go knock on the door tomorrow and report back to this thread.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2021, 07:05:10 PM »

Sleep is death without the responsibility of that which we think no one else is aware of.  She waits for you and you know too well of whom I speak.  If we are to believe that none are taken nor given in marriage at the end of all things, it does not mean you will not be together.  It would not be Heaven if you are alone. 

Hell is being alone.  I should think you and many others have had more than enough of that feeling. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2021, 04:32:53 AM »

It hits close to home when it's somebody close.

Shawn Roden died at 46.  Do you feel depressed?

Be happy it's not you.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: November 10, 2021, 05:52:24 AM »
It hits close to home when it's somebody close.

Shawn Roden died at 46.  Do you feel depressed?

Be happy it's not you.

Well said. 

Prime needs to realize that every day is a gift, but what is a gift that you never open?  Here is a hint:  The word "gift" in German translates to "poison".    I have seen many seasoned citizens become shitizens because they treat the present as a gift (poison).  The past is filled with memories, some good and some bad.  But the present is pretty much empty unless we live in it. 

Don't just shake the box and say it's empty when what you need to do is open it and then fill it yourself.  I have seen some of those "unboxing" videos on Youtube and they are ridiculous!  If people treated life like those shillers do a box of stuff then maybe they would find a reason to live a little.

My neighbor just passed away a few weeks ago.  His wife rarely leaves the house now but one of her daughters is there along with her children to give her a reason to live.  Shit. I'm rambling like a seasoned shitizen, LOL!  Sorry my friend.

It boils down to this:  The real gift is life itself.  We just need to open it and then fill it.  I am getting sentimental in my dotage...LOL!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #505 on: November 10, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
You are a philosopher, Scott.

Well done.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2021, 04:36:35 PM »
Shawn Roden died, jeez. what was the cause pls?

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #507 on: November 10, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »
bhank

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: November 11, 2021, 02:58:13 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
Prime, I have given some thought to my words and yours and as I cannot reply elsewhere I shall do so here because I think it  needs saying.

Well, I am guessing there were times you called her, "my little Margie"...Gale Storm (the star of that old TV show) was a beautiful woman with a past that required working on to ensure a future.

Having been dead once and come close several times since then, I still cannot say what awaits us.  But I do know that if I thought someone was worth dying for I would not hesitate living in such a manner as to make seeing her again my goal.   Love is friendship set to music.  I suggest you play the soundtrack of your life together for inspiration.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #510 on: November 12, 2021, 06:44:21 PM »
The photo with the crew wearing red shirts was a joke, right?

William Shatner's flight mate to edge of space killed in New Jersey plane crash

William Shatner’s crew mate in last month’s historic rocket trip to the edge of space was one of two men killed Thursday in a plane crash in New Jersey, officials said.

Glen de Vries, 49, of New York City, and Thomas P. Fischer, 54, of Hopatcong, New Jersey, died following the small aircraft crash shortly before 3 p.m. in Hampton Township, according to New Jersey State Police.

De Vries joined Shatner and other crew members aboard the Oct. 13 flight developed by Blue Origin, the private spaceflight company founded by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating Thursday's crash, police said. The FAA could not be immediately reached Friday for comment.

The New Jersey Herald reported the FAA alerted public safety authorities that a single-engine Cessna 172 went missing near Kemah Lake, about 50 miles northwest of Newark. Emergency crews found the wreckage about an hour later, the newspaper reported.

The aircraft was “destroyed” in the crash, which occurred “under unknown circumstances,” an initial report by the FAA states, according to the Herald.

De Vries co-founded software company Medidata Solutions, which specializes in management of electronic data from clinical trials. He also served as a trustee for Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.

“We will truly miss Glen, but his dreams — which we share — live on: we will pursue progress in life sciences & healthcare as passionately as he did," Medidat said in a statement.

De Vries received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology and genetics from Carnegie Mellon University, worked as a research scientist at the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and studied computer science at New York University’s Courant Institute of Mathematics, according to his biography on the Medidata website.

A statement from Carnegie Mellon University President Farnam Jahanian called de Vries one of the university's greatest science advocates.

"The entire Carnegie Mellon University community is devastated by the loss of alumnus and trustee Glen de Vries, and our hearts go out to his family, friends and loved ones," Jahanian said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/william-shatner-s-flight-mate-to-edge-of-space-killed-in-new-jersey-plane-crash/ar-AAQDEtx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&pfr=1

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: November 13, 2021, 04:07:56 AM »
Look for Shatner to die soon.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
Young Dolph has been shot and killed in his hometown ... TMZ has confirmed.

The rapper was gunned down Wednesday in Memphis, TN outside a local cookie store ... and there's already a massive police presence with people recording the aftermath. A video from the crime scene shows his car parked outside the shop while police investigate. FOX13 Memphis was first to report Dolph's death.

A source says Dolph went into the store, and a vehicle pulled up, firing through a front window and striking the rapper.

Young Dolph has been targeted in the past ... back in 2017, he was struck by multiple bullets outside a shoe store in Hollywood, getting hit in the arms and buttocks, requiring surgery.

Earlier that same year, Dolph's SUV was shot at over 100 times while he was in Charlotte, NC in a shooting that saw an arrest warrant issued for Blac Youngsta, who later turned himself in. The charges against BY were eventually dropped.

As Dolph explained to us in the wake of that shooting, he dropped $600,000 for a pair of bulletproof vehicles and he chalked up the hail of gunfire to jealousy and hate because he's rich and successful.

Last time we got Dolph out was in 2019. He talked to our cameras about the Lakers and Juice WRLD's death.

Dolph leaves behind a son and a daughter. He was only 36.

He's known for several hits, such as "Major" and "On the River." He released 7 studio albums, starting in 2016 with his debut album, "King of Memphis."

RIP

1:54 PM PT -- Young Dolph's attorney and friend Scott Hall tells us the rapper was in town for his annual Thanksgiving giveaway -- he'd been living in Atlanta most of the time.
Hall says Dolph was scheduled to hand out a truckload of turkeys to folks in his old neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon. His plan was to head to the event right after the cookie store.

2:54 PM PT -- The Memphis Police said their preliminary investigation confirms Young Dolph is the victim and was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting. They said "this shooting is another example of the senseless gun violence we are experiencing locally and nationwide. Our hearts go out to the Thornton family and all who are affected by this horrific act of violence"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/17/young-dolph-killed-gunned-down-shot-memphis/?fbclid=IwAR3Aj5MhB-p1B3a8DqqkQvZCxhfk6h0BViem3A-5sqvxrFgJdnNU54QTGjg

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
Young Dolph has been shot and killed in his hometown ... TMZ has confirmed.

The rapper was gunned down Wednesday in Memphis, TN outside a local cookie store ... and there's already a massive police presence with people recording the aftermath. A video from the crime scene shows his car parked outside the shop while police investigate. FOX13 Memphis was first to report Dolph's death.

A source says Dolph went into the store, and a vehicle pulled up, firing through a front window and striking the rapper.

Young Dolph has been targeted in the past ... back in 2017, he was struck by multiple bullets outside a shoe store in Hollywood, getting hit in the arms and buttocks, requiring surgery.

Earlier that same year, Dolph's SUV was shot at over 100 times while he was in Charlotte, NC in a shooting that saw an arrest warrant issued for Blac Youngsta, who later turned himself in. The charges against BY were eventually dropped.

As Dolph explained to us in the wake of that shooting, he dropped $600,000 for a pair of bulletproof vehicles and he chalked up the hail of gunfire to jealousy and hate because he's rich and successful.

Last time we got Dolph out was in 2019. He talked to our cameras about the Lakers and Juice WRLD's death.

Dolph leaves behind a son and a daughter. He was only 36.

He's known for several hits, such as "Major" and "On the River." He released 7 studio albums, starting in 2016 with his debut album, "King of Memphis."

RIP

1:54 PM PT -- Young Dolph's attorney and friend Scott Hall tells us the rapper was in town for his annual Thanksgiving giveaway -- he'd been living in Atlanta most of the time.
Hall says Dolph was scheduled to hand out a truckload of turkeys to folks in his old neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon. His plan was to head to the event right after the cookie store.

2:54 PM PT -- The Memphis Police said their preliminary investigation confirms Young Dolph is the victim and was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting. They said "this shooting is another example of the senseless gun violence we are experiencing locally and nationwide. Our hearts go out to the Thornton family and all who are affected by this horrific act of violence"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/17/young-dolph-killed-gunned-down-shot-memphis/?fbclid=IwAR3Aj5MhB-p1B3a8DqqkQvZCxhfk6h0BViem3A-5sqvxrFgJdnNU54QTGjg

And not an airborne intercourse was given.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #514 on: November 18, 2021, 01:07:00 AM »
Well said. 

Prime needs to realize that every day is a gift, but what is a gift that you never open?  Here is a hint:  The word "gift" in German translates to "poison".    I have seen many seasoned citizens become shitizens because they treat the present as a gift (poison).  The past is filled with memories, some good and some bad.  But the present is pretty much empty unless we live in it. 

Don't just shake the box and say it's empty when what you need to do is open it and then fill it yourself.  I have seen some of those "unboxing" videos on Youtube and they are ridiculous!  If people treated life like those shillers do a box of stuff then maybe they would find a reason to live a little.

My neighbor just passed away a few weeks ago.  His wife rarely leaves the house now but one of her daughters is there along with her children to give her a reason to live.  Shit. I'm rambling like a seasoned shitizen, LOL!  Sorry my friend.

It boils down to this:  The real gift is life itself.  We just need to open it and then fill it.  I am getting sentimental in my dotage...LOL!
Great post my friend.........words of wisdom to say the least !!

A lot of us,myself included, have one leg in the future,the other leg in the past, while we piss all over the present which is akin to a gift.

Carpe` Diem !!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: November 18, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »
Well said. 

I left the door open on whether my neighbor had passed or not. Good thing because they are both fine. The house is three levels and has an enormous yard, which their nephew helped maintain. The moved to a home better suited to the limitations that sometimes come with age.

Most tri-level houses are the worst when it comes to stairs, everything you do in the course of the day requires going up and down stairs, often many times throughout the day.

I'm fortunate because my home has everything one needs on the same level. Living room, Dining room, Kitchen, laundry, three bedrooms including the master bedroom. Upstairs is like a separate apartment with a large loft area and a second master bedroom suite. All it needs is a small efficiency kitchen to be complete.

BTW, I treat everyday as a gift. I am well aware of the fact that our life can end at anytime. When you've witnessed as many deaths as I have, it is hard not to know how precious life is.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #516 on: November 19, 2021, 05:50:42 PM »
Dave Frishberg Dies: Jazz Musician, Writer Of ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Tune ‘I’m Just A Bill’ Was 88

Grammy-nominated jazz songwriter, singer and pianist Dave Frishberg died yesterday, according to a post on his Facebook page. His wife April Magnusson said he had been battling an illness for several years. He was 88.

Frishberg had a long and varied career that stretched from the Greenwich Village jazz scene of the ’50s to work as a studio musician in L.A. in the ’70s, to cutting his own Grammy-nominated albums and doing music for films and TV.

But his greatest fame came from his involvement with Schoolhouse Rock, a 1973-85 series of Saturday-morning shorts on ABC that used music and rhyme to help kids learn basic facts, with such memorable songs as “Elementary, My Dear” (Multiplication Rock, 1973), “Conjunction Junction” (Grammar Rock, 1973) and Frishberg’s “I’m Just a Bill” (America Rock, 1975). “I’m Just a Bill” was famously spoofed on Saturday Night Live in 2014.

He wrote and performed other memorable tunes in the series including “Walkin’ on Wall Street,” a song that describes how the stock market works, and “$7.50 Once a Week,” a song about saving money and balancing a budget.

Frishberg’s most popular non-Saturday morning songs include “I’m Hip” (lyrics only, in collaboration with Bob Dorough), “My Attorney Bernie,” “Peel Me a Grape,” “Quality Time” and “Van Lingle Mungo,” a tune whose lyrics are simply the names of old-time baseball players. Rosemary Clooney, Shirley Horn, Anita O’Day, Michael Feinstein, Diana Krall and Mel Tormé are among the greats who have performed his work.

His songs were featured in Legally Blonde 2, the Burt Reynolds film Paternity and TV projects such as NBC’s Bennett Brothers and the Danish series Forbrydelsen. Given his comedic bent, Frishberg was also a musical guest on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and had bit roles on shows like Simon & Simon.

My Dear Departed Past — a memoir of his time on the road, life in the music business and, of course, adventures with Schoolhouse Rock — was published in 2017.

Frishberg’s fellow jazz musician and Schoolhouse Rock collaborator Dorough died in 2018.

Rhino Records issued a four-CD box set of Schoolhouse Rock tunes in 1996, and Disney produced a two-DVD set for the series’ 30th anniversary in 2002, featuring 52 of the 64 episodes.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dave-frishberg-dead-im-just-a-bill-song-schoolhouse-rock-1234877300/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #517 on: November 19, 2021, 06:23:06 PM »
 :(

'The Sandlot' star Art LaFleur is dead at 78.

Art LaFleur, famous for playing Babe Ruth in the classic baseball movie "The Sandlot," is dead.

The actor died Wednesday following a 10-year battle with Parkinson's disease ... according to his wife, Shelley. We're told he died at his home surrounded by his children and Shelley -- and although he was in hospice care, Art was cracking jokes to try to make his family laugh in the time leading up to his death.

His wife is remembering Art as a "generous and selfless man" ... qualities she says carried over into his acting career, "but more importantly it was who he was for his family and friends."

Art is most known, and beloved, for his role in 1993's "The Sandlot" -- but he was also in another big baseball flick, playing first baseman Chick Gandil in 1989's "Field of Dreams" alongside Kevin Costner.

He didn't get into acting until he moved from Chicago to Los Angeles way back in 1975 when he was already 31 years old. He went on to become one of those character actors audiences always recognized, acting in movies like "The Blob," "Cobra" and a couple of the 'Santa Clause' films.

He also landed episodic TV roles on "Malcolm in the Middle," "The Bernie Mac Show," "JAG" and many other shows.

Art was 78.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/19/the-sandlot-star-art-lafleur-dead-dies/?fbclid=IwAR0FROYlQvbeOtzB5DLCt8ZhLdzijKZ5MERmShmpmnpqiyEbS8Skd2eja_U

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #518 on: November 30, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »
R.I.P. Richard Lee-Sung, a M*A*S*H actor who actually served in the Korean War

In the 1974 M*A*S*H episode "Officer of the Day," Hawkeye has a lot of luck — well, "Lucks." Multiple locals named "Kim Luck" show up at the 4077th for treatment. Jamie Farr (Klinger) cites it as one of his favorite episodes. It likely held a fond place in the memory of the second Kim in the story, played by Richard Lee-Sung. It was his M*A*S*H debut.

Lee-Sung would go on to appear in 11 episodes of the iconic dramedy, memorably as a pushy salesman in "Bug Out," as a creative French horn repairman in "The Smell of Music," and running a craps game in "A Night at Rosie's." For the Texas native, it was a step back in time. He had served in the Korean War.

As one of the "Chosen Few," Lee-Sung fought in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir as a member of the U.S. Marines. Later, he left his hometown of El Paso behind and settled in Los Angeles. There, the man of Mexican-Chinese heritage found work and notoriety in Chinatown. As a bartender at L.A. joints like Tang's and General Lee's, the bald fellow who liked to be called "Curlee" reportedly delighted customers. He would eventually perform as a comic at General Lee's, according to a newspaper profile from 1975.

That summer of '75, Lee-Sung had landed a role as an ensemble player in Keep on Truckin', a short-lived variety show that also cast young talents such as Billy Crystal and Didi Conn. By that point, he had a M*A*S*H appearance under his belt, as well as guest spots on Kung Fu.

As his star began to rise, he nabbed roles in The Apple Dumpling Gang, Happy Days, The Incredible Hulk and The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. His M*A*S*H ties continued in the '80s, as he popped up in both Trapper John, M.D. and AfterMASH.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, the MASH Matters Podcast posted an announcement from Richard's son Russell on Facebook: "We are deeply saddened to announce that veteran character actor and beloved M*A*S*H guest star Richard Lee Sung passed away at the age of 91 on August 16th, 2021."

"Those [M*A*S*H] roles were some of his best memories as an actor working with an amazing cast, crew and director (Alan Alda) whom he had the highest respect," Russell wrote. He was 91 years old.

https://metv.com/stories/rip-richard-lee-sung-a-m-a-s-h-actor-who-actually-served-in-the-korean-war?fbclid=IwAR3LkcNW1uq-HVgFZyE4_-WqsnIyjOyTqIBl8vWs_7JM_JNbJNccIOMzDqw

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2021, 08:34:25 PM »
Bob Dole, longtime Republican senator and presidential nominee, dies at 98

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: December 06, 2021, 01:59:12 AM »
Viagra lost their spokesperson. :-[

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: December 06, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
The photo with the crew wearing red shirts was a joke, right?

William Shatner's flight mate to edge of space killed in New Jersey plane crash

William Shatner’s crew mate in last month’s historic rocket trip to the edge of space was one of two men killed Thursday in a plane crash in New Jersey, officials said.

Glen de Vries, 49, of New York City, and Thomas P. Fischer, 54, of Hopatcong, New Jersey, died following the small aircraft crash shortly before 3 p.m. in Hampton Township, according to New Jersey State Police.

De Vries joined Shatner and other crew members aboard the Oct. 13 flight developed by Blue Origin, the private spaceflight company founded by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating Thursday's crash, police said. The FAA could not be immediately reached Friday for comment.

The New Jersey Herald reported the FAA alerted public safety authorities that a single-engine Cessna 172 went missing near Kemah Lake, about 50 miles northwest of Newark. Emergency crews found the wreckage about an hour later, the newspaper reported.

The aircraft was “destroyed” in the crash, which occurred “under unknown circumstances,” an initial report by the FAA states, according to the Herald.

De Vries co-founded software company Medidata Solutions, which specializes in management of electronic data from clinical trials. He also served as a trustee for Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.

“We will truly miss Glen, but his dreams — which we share — live on: we will pursue progress in life sciences & healthcare as passionately as he did," Medidat said in a statement.

De Vries received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology and genetics from Carnegie Mellon University, worked as a research scientist at the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and studied computer science at New York University’s Courant Institute of Mathematics, according to his biography on the Medidata website.

A statement from Carnegie Mellon University President Farnam Jahanian called de Vries one of the university's greatest science advocates.

"The entire Carnegie Mellon University community is devastated by the loss of alumnus and trustee Glen de Vries, and our hearts go out to his family, friends and loved ones," Jahanian said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/william-shatner-s-flight-mate-to-edge-of-space-killed-in-new-jersey-plane-crash/ar-AAQDEtx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&pfr=1

was he wearing a red sweat top when he crashed?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #522 on: December 06, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »
I left the door open on whether my neighbor had passed or not. Good thing because they are both fine. The house is three levels and has an enormous yard, which their nephew helped maintain. The moved to a home better suited to the limitations that sometimes come with age.

Most tri-level houses are the worst when it comes to stairs, everything you do in the course of the day requires going up and down stairs, often many times throughout the day.

I'm fortunate because my home has everything one needs on the same level. Living room, Dining room, Kitchen, laundry, three bedrooms including the master bedroom. Upstairs is like a separate apartment with a large loft area and a second master bedroom suite. All it needs is a small efficiency kitchen to be complete.

BTW, I treat everyday as a gift. I am well aware of the fact that our life can end at anytime. When you've witnessed as many deaths as I have, it is hard not to know how precious life is.
You’re elderly. Your time is limited. Tock tock. Stop being a pussy about it.
T

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: December 06, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »
Hopefully somebody will call the 2022 version of this the "Obituary Thread". It is not a deadpool thread. HTH

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #524 on: December 10, 2021, 06:53:14 PM »
Robert Michael Nesmith (December 30, 1942 – December 10, 2021)

Nesmith was best known as a member of the pop rock band the Monkees and co-star of the TV series The Monkees (1966–1968). Nesmith's songwriting credits include "Different Drum" (sung by Linda Ronstadt with the Stone Poneys). Nesmith began his recording career in 1963 by releasing a single on the Highness label. He followed this in 1965 with a one-off single released on Edan Records followed by two more recorded singles; one was titled "The New Recruit" under the name "Michael Blessing", released on Colpix Records, coincidentally also the label of Davy Jones, though they did not meet until the Monkees formed. Once he was cast, Screen Gems bought his songs so they could be used in the show. Many of the songs Nesmith wrote for the Monkees, such as "The Girl I Knew Somewhere", "Mary, Mary", and "Listen to the Band", became minor hits. After the break-up of the Monkees, Nesmith continued his successful songwriting and performing career, first with the seminal country rock group the First National Band, with whom he had a top-40 hit, "Joanne", and then as a solo artist. He played a 12-string guitar, performing on a custom-built Gretsch electric during his time with the Monkees and various 12-string acoustic models during his post-Monkees career.

He was also an executive producer of the cult film Repo Man (1984). In 1981, Nesmith won the first Grammy Award given for Video of the Year for his hour-long television show, Elephant Parts. In addition, Nesmith formed the Pacific Arts Corporation, Inc. in 1974 to manage and develop media projects. Pacific Arts Video became a pioneer in the home video market, producing and distributing a wide variety of videotaped programs. Nesmith was married three times and had four children. Nesmith was forced to cancel the last four dates of his 2018 tour with Micky Dolenz due to a "minor health scare". In an interview with Rolling Stone published on July 26 of that year, Nesmith said he had undergone quadruple bypass heart surgery, and had been hospitalized for over a month.

Nesmith died at his home on December 10, 2021, at age 78, of unspecified natural causes, according to a family statement sent to Rolling Stone magazine.