Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set  (Read 28521 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2021, 04:17:56 PM »
Ah, that phrase reminds me of the old Westerns, where they 'fanned' the gun to fire multiple shots quickly.  In those cases (I presume) they just held the trigger down while they pulled the hammer back over and over again?  To get around the need for it to fully cock?  Or do they modify them so they can do this maybe?

Sorry for all the questions :)

With fanning, they may lengthen the hammer spur to make it longer or have it curve the the way a shooter likes, but there's still no way you could get it to fire without your finger on the trigger, unless the pistol was worn out some way mechanically, and that would be an easy thing for investigators to tell. When you fan them you have to physically be pulling back on the trigger.

There is a fast draw modification called a "Slip gun", where the hammer and trigger are modded (trigger removed or held back) so that you just need work the hammer to fire, but anyone using it would be able to tell it's "off". I can't see one like that being on set or even the stupidest props person /armorer letting regular cast handle it.

There really isn't anyway for a gun in good repair to go off unless it was banged decently on the hammer or he pulled the trigger while cocking it. 

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »

Absolutely fascinating stuff - thank you both so much for posting - I genuinely learned a lot there from both videos

Does anyone know if has been reported whether the prop gun was single or double action?  As that will pretty much show his second fatal error (the first apparently a failure to check the thing was safe when it was passed to him)  I did try to Google it with no luck...
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2021, 04:25:44 PM »
With fanning, they may lengthen the hammer spur to make it longer or have it curve the the way a shooter likes, but there's still no way you could get it to fire without your finger on the trigger, unless the pistol was worn out some way mechanically, and that would be an easy thing for investigators to tell. When you fan them you have to physically be pulling back on the trigger.

There is a fast draw modification called a "Slip gun", where the hammer and trigger are modded (trigger removed or held back) so that you just need work the hammer to fire, but anyone using it would be able to tell it's "off". I can't see one like that being on set or even the stupidest props person /armorer letting regular cast handle it.

There really isn't anyway for a gun in good repair to go off unless it was banged decently on the hammer or he pulled the trigger while cocking it.

Thanks BB - those 2 videos I just watched really opened my eyes to this stuff too - I appreciate the detail.  At this rate I'm going to sound like I know what I'm talking about to people over here ;D
T

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

I almost reached through my phone and choked him when he looked down the barrel.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2021, 06:31:07 AM »
Absolutely fascinating stuff - thank you both so much for posting - I genuinely learned a lot there from both videos

Does anyone know if has been reported whether the prop gun was single or double action?  As that will pretty much show his second fatal error (the first apparently a failure to check the thing was safe when it was passed to him)  I did try to Google it with no luck...

Single action.  I believe just like the one Schneider is demonstrating in the video.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2021, 06:31:56 AM »
I almost reached through my phone and choked him when he looked down the barrel.

Yeah, that was a bit too far  :-\
:

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »

lol….my first thought when he did that was wtf? Lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »
Someone here mentioned Alec's great acting skills while telling this fable. I thought even if he was telling the truth, it appeared he was lying. This is one of those times when it would have been much wiser to keep his mouth shut...instead he repeated this nonsense a few more times.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2021, 01:00:46 AM »
Someone here mentioned Alec's great acting skills while telling this fable. I thought even if he was telling the truth, it appeared he was lying. This is one of those times when it would have been much wiser to keep his mouth shut...instead he repeated this nonsense a few more times.
A person who may have to stand trial should never give interviews. It can and will be used against them in court.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2022, 08:06:52 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10377455/New-Mexico-New-York-police-work-Baldwin-phone.html

They are still reporting the impossible.  ::)

"The '30 Rock' actor has said he was holding a revolver on the film set when it went off during rehearsal in October, firing a live round that killed Hutchins"

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2022, 12:54:26 AM »
Was the young lady who died obese?  Did she have any known co-morbidities?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2022, 08:33:52 PM »
I would seriously curb stomp his face in, him and David schwimmer

Any time I hear the opening music to FRIENDS, it immediately throws me into a rage, and I immediately want to see David Schwimmer's head crushed by a dumptruck.

Any updates on the Baldwin shooting case?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2022, 08:35:49 PM »
Any time I hear the opening music to FRIENDS, it immediately throws me into a rage, and I immediately want to see David Schwimmer's head crushed by a dumptruck.

Any updates on the Baldwin shooting case?

Yes, the victim is still dead.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2022, 08:44:50 PM »
Any time I hear the opening music to FRIENDS, it immediately throws me into a rage, and I want to see David Schwimmer's head crushed by a dumptruck.

Isn’t that essentially my quote, dude?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2022, 08:51:53 PM »
Any time I hear the opening music to FRIENDS, it immediately throws me into a rage, and I want to see David Schwimmer's head crushed by a dumptruck.

Hail and Kill.
Q

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2022, 10:45:04 PM »
Alec Baldwin is walking as a free man, Kim Potter is looking at 20 year sentence. Clown world

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2022, 10:48:23 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2022, 11:01:57 PM »
Was the young lady who died obese?  Did she have any known co-morbidities?

She had a lead allergy.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2022, 11:06:06 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2022, 11:20:37 PM »

Hail and Kill.

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2022, 11:51:16 AM »
Alec Baldwin & ‘Rust’ Movie Sued For Wrongful Death By Halyna Hutchins Estate; Lawyers Make Case With Animated Re-Enactment
Deadline ^ | 2/15/2022 | Dominic Patten
Posted on 2/15/2022, 2:26:17 PM by

The family of slain Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has officially filed a wrongful-death lawsuit over the on-set shooting by Alec Baldwin that took the filmmaker’s life last October in New Mexico.

“Halyna Hutchins deserved to live, and the Defendants had the power to prevent her death if they had only held sacrosanct their duty to protect the safety of every individual on a set where firearms were present instead of cutting corners on safety procedures where human lives were at stake, rushing to stay on schedule and ignoring numerous complaints of safety violations,” declares the complaint against star/producer Baldwin, a slew of production companies and entities, producers. Also named are some key crew members, such as armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed and Assistant Director David Halls., who have both been at the center of the October 21, 2021 tragic incident.

“This lawsuit seeks justice for the losses of her survivors and to hold responsible those who caused her tragic death,” the 29-page filing from Albuquerque firm McGinn Montoya Love & Curry says (read it here).

“Defendant Baldwin, the Producers, and the Rust Production Companies were aware of firearms safety issues that had occurred on the set of Rust and did not take action to correct the situation and ensure that basic gun safety rules were followed on October 21, 2021,” the suit goes on to say. “Had Defendant Baldwin, the Producers, and the Rust Production Companies taken adequate precautions to ensure firearm safety on the set of Rust or if basic firearm safety rules had been followed on the set of Rust on October 21, 2021, Halyna Hutchins would be alive and well, hugging her husband and nine-year old son.”

(Excerpt) Read more at deadline.com ...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2022, 12:42:36 PM »
Isn’t that essentially my quote, dude?

Haha, yeah.  I copied it.  Great post.  ;D ;D

Just to hear the first few seconds of the Friends theme has me raging.

I want to watch David Schwimmer’s head being crushed under the wheels of a dump truck.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2022, 12:50:12 PM »
Haha, yeah. I copied it. Great post.  ;D ;D

Thanks, my man.  :)