Author Topic: Victor Richards Pulls A Shizzo For Attention  (Read 11983 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: RIP Victor Richards...Another One Gone
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2021, 11:16:09 AM »
I’ve been talking aspirin everyday for the past 15-20 years. Ive always suggested my clients do the same as well especially with the Chinavirus and “vaccines”. I can’t recall any “guru” have their clients take aspirin. Probably could have saved some lives

perfect example of why no one should take medical advice from a phony coach and someone who is not a doctor

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heart-health/adults-shouldnt-take-daily-aspirin-prevent-heart-attack-panel-says-rcna2869

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2021, 11:20:22 AM »
honest question,lets take meadows who had a cardiac event,and still was doing whatever and training hard i assume.shouldnt anyone with sense and it could be a clean lifter as well not train anywhere close to what they did prior to there heart attack or cardiac issue.most dr's i assume would say you cannot train hard or heavy ever again.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2021, 11:28:01 AM »

Don't bother with aspirin. Just eat lots of apples or take rutin (in apples, among other things). I really can't believe the genius bodybuilding gurus out there haven't talked about rutin...

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/05/flavonoid-compound-can-prevent-blood-clots/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25777266/
https://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/IND43893991/PDF
Are you James Tiny Vest?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2021, 11:29:28 AM »
After I recovered from Covid I upped my dose to 325mg for about a month and a half then started to taper down because it was destroying my stomach. I'm back down to my normal doses of 81mg in the morning then 81mg before bed.

I don't think you'll get any additional heart benefits beyond 81 mg, but will get higher bleeding risk.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »
Are you James Tiny Vest?

haha-  no. He seems like a great guy tho

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:21 AM »
I get that - but 2021 has had something like 2-3 the number of high profile bodybuilder deaths than any other year rhat I recall.

So what changed?

Bodybuilders have been abusing drugs for DECADES now.

I don't think Olympia competitors 25 years ago were using less than guys today.

35 years ago - yes. 25 years ago - ALL DRUGS. Same as today.

I think the drugs are different today actually. I don't know for sure but it's probably different types of steroids, different dosages (they all lie) and additional drugs beyond just steroids. They're also taking drugs that they call "natural supplements" which can also have big effects. It's a lot of variables.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »
I don't think you'll get any additional heart benefits beyond 81 mg, but will get higher bleeding risk.

During the time I upped the dose (lol) after I recovered it was mostly for the clotting factor. Other than that I agree 100%

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2021, 11:43:46 AM »
Taking the aspirin after breakfast pretty much eliminates the risk of ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding.

Incorrect, aspirin, like all NSAIDS, work by inhibiting the enzymes that are involved in the production of prostaglandins.  Prostaglandins play a critical role in maintaining gastric mucosal integrity, as well as inflammatory processes within the body (and several other roles)

You are correct that aspirin shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach, but that's because aspirin itself is an acidic compound.  taking it with food helps buffer the pH reducing effects

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »
I take one 81 mg. coated asprin a day.....should I be taking more?

I`ve had lots of pain in my life but one day while watching TV on my couch,I felt the strangest chest pain............like nothing I ever felt before in my life.............inanely painful but nothing running up my left arm as I gues is quite common.

My wife was sleeping in the nest room so I thought I should wake her up......of course I thought heart attack immediately.

Anyway I decided to try to ride it out........then thought about calling 911 ......anyway I rode it out alright..........it lasted an excrutiating full 20 minutes,then went away as suddenly as it appeared.

Had it again 2 days later for 3-5 minutes.

That was months ago,it has never returned since,.....YET........thank God.

Brother, you need to get that accessed asap just to make sure it's nothing more. And yes, I would keep with the low dose aspirin

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2021, 12:12:58 PM »
This covid shit has to be some sort of factor

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
F

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »
That Covid Vaccine will leave the sport of Bodybuilding with no athletes .. :'(

WoooHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   RIP

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2021, 12:25:13 PM »
RIP Vic Richards. That M&F article back in the day was one of the greatest features of a freak bodybuilder ever. Kinda figured he wasn't going to live into old age being that large.

Can you believe that was the very first mag I bought when I was a teen ?

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »
I spoke with Vic on the phone and chatted with him on several occasions. Guess I’ll never meet him now.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2021, 12:33:40 PM »
I take one 81 mg. coated asprin a day.....should I be taking more?

I`ve had lots of pain in my life but one day while watching TV on my couch,I felt the strangest chest pain............like nothing I ever felt before in my life.............inanely painful but nothing running up my left arm as I gues is quite common.

My wife was sleeping in the nest room so I thought I should wake her up......of course I thought heart attack immediately.

Anyway I decided to try to ride it out........then thought about calling 911 ......anyway I rode it out alright..........it lasted an excrutiating full 20 minutes,then went away as suddenly as it appeared.

Had it again 2 days later for 3-5 minutes.

That was months ago,it has never returned since,.....YET........thank God.
You should probably go to a doctor... and get an ECG and a CT scan or something. You may end up like these guys

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
You should probably go to a doctor... and get an ECG and a CT scan or something. You may end up like these guys

We has matching pairs of socks older than most of these guys. He'll be fine.  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2021, 12:58:45 PM »
Attended one of his seminars in and around 1988. In Toronto, across from the city’s (technically, Mississauga) hub of bodybuilding (at the time), Gold’s Gym (sadly, long gone).

Guy was absolutely ahead of his time, size-wise. In that time, his mass was unbelievable.

Spoke with such a heavy accent it was all-but-impossible to understand him.

RIP

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »
I didn’t even know he was sick!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2021, 01:57:30 PM »
 :-\ P.I.P

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »
I didn’t even know he was sick!

I don't think there has been any mention of an illness.

Poor guy probably thought getting the covid vaccine would help to keep him alive.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2021, 02:38:28 PM »
If you ain't dying you ain't trying

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2021, 02:41:05 PM »
If you ain't dying you ain't trying

You’re next

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »
Just something to consider that I was thinking about, could be speculation but...

It is well known that athletes who take part in resistance training can/do develop Left ventricular wall thickness & left ventricular hypertrophy (https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging/article/10/3/350/2396955).

Moreover, it's a well known fact that bodybuilders/weightlifters who use steroids tend to develop left ventricular hypertrophy. Anabolic steroids may potentiate concentric left ventricular hypertrophy with decreasing ventricular compliance without affecting cardiac function (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9113423/).

What's left ventricular hypertrophy? Left ventricular hypertrophy is when the heart’s left pumping chamber (left ventricle) has thickened and may not be pumping efficiently. As a result of having left ventricular hypertrophy, you can develope stroke, congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease, and sudden cardiac death.

Now, what if we introduce an element of chaos into the fold? No, not the moderator, but instead a vaccine that has been known to induce myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) in "athletes" that already have left ventricular hypertrophy. You guessed it, these individuals now have a higher likelihood for sudden cardiac arrest and death.

Question now becomes, how many of them were vaccinated?

"1"