Author Topic: chess tournament here  (Read 3102 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: chess tournament here
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »
There are no liberals. There are no conservatives. Most members of each party are worth tens(if not hundreds) of millions of dollars. They belong to the same class. The elite class. It's all a game. Just like Chess. A power game the elite play with the peasants as pawns.
Not really. There are lots of politicians that don't come from the elite class.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »
Not really. There are lots of politicians that don't come from the elite class.
It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2021, 04:19:20 AM »
Pass his number along and have your creepiest friends call him !
can i call you baby ?  :P i promise i won´t be too creepy ... ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2021, 04:31:06 AM »
Damn I just woke up and read the subject line to fast. Son, you disappoint. Thought it was about chest.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2021, 04:49:23 AM »
I doubt either play chess.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »
can i call you baby ?  :P i promise i won´t be too creepy ... ;)

All of my appointments are scheduled by my personal assistant.

Please contact Henda to inquire about my availability and to schedule a day and time to contact me.

If this is an emergency please dial 1-800-YOU-HOMO and speak to the operator.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 01:32:09 PM »

If this is an emergency please dial 1-800-YOU-HOMO and speak to the operator Shizzo.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2021, 04:11:03 AM »
All of my appointments are scheduled by my personal assistant.

Please contact Henda to inquire about my availability and to schedule a day and time to contact me.

If this is an emergency please dial 1-800-YOU-HOMO and speak to the operator.
Bitchy..Bitchy...  :D 

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
Magnus Carlson won the World championship this morning in Dubai.
You know he was going to be a great when he took Kasparov to a draw when he was 13 years old in 81'

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2021, 03:48:59 AM »
I can't imagine spending thousands of hours practicing to be great at such a silly game.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2021, 05:07:58 AM »
Carlson is worth 8 Million  8)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2021, 05:25:04 AM »
I can't imagine spending thousands of hours practicing to be great at such a silly game.

*posts 17,000 times*

:D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2021, 06:39:00 AM »

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »
It is the ONLY game that measures pure intellect, something that has been discouraged in society for various politically correct reasons. The average I.Q. of a great chess grandmaster is 180+. Chess is the last place that you can actually demonstrate that some people are smarter than others. Bobby Fisher could beat grandmasters at 12 years old. People with MUCH more practice than he. Chess is a wonderful game because you cannot hide. Unlike Monopoly and other "luck" games, no role of the dice can save you. You either have the intellect to be a great player or you don't. This type of thinking has been banned in the U.S., therefore I would argue Chess is not silly at all my friend. It is revolutionary in our politically correct society in saying we are NOT all equal. You can study patterns and openings for thousands of hours, but in the end it's how SMART you are when it comes to Chess.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2021, 02:44:56 AM »
It is the ONLY game that measures pure intellect, something that has been discouraged in society for various politically correct reasons. The average I.Q. of a great chess grandmaster is 180+. Chess is the last place that you can actually demonstrate that some people are smarter than others. Bobby Fisher could beat grandmasters at 12 years old. People with MUCH more practice than he. Chess is a wonderful game because you cannot hide. Unlike Monopoly and other "luck" games, no role of the dice can save you. You either have the intellect to be a great player or you don't. This type of thinking has been banned in the U.S., therefore I would argue Chess is not silly at all my friend. It is revolutionary in our politically correct society in saying we are NOT all equal. You can study patterns and openings for thousands of hours, but in the end it's how SMART you are when it comes to Chess.
According to Nassim Nicholas Taleb there is no correlation to success in chess to success in other fields.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2021, 06:28:10 PM »
According to Nassim Nicholas Taleb there is no correlation to success in chess to success in other fields.
At this point in this fucked up world, there is only a loose correlation to intelligence itself and success in most fields with a few exceptions. And now with our politically correct society even that is disappearing. Look at college academic scholarships that "take into account" admissions requirements that have nothing to do with intelligence and test scores but rather skin color. Then our form of Capitalism where the goal is to create products, services, art, movies and music(rap for example), and most other commodities to appeal to the lowest common denominator of human intelligence. Intelligence is disappearing fast. And it's scary.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2021, 03:16:48 AM »
At this point in this fucked up world, there is only a loose correlation to intelligence itself and success in most fields with a few exceptions. And now with our politically correct society even that is disappearing. Look at college academic scholarships that "take into account" admissions requirements that have nothing to do with intelligence and test scores but rather skin color. Then our form of Capitalism where the goal is to create products, services, art, movies and music(rap for example), and most other commodities to appeal to the lowest common denominator of human intelligence. Intelligence is disappearing fast. And it's scary.
Idiocracy is already here.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2021, 11:16:21 AM »
Idiocracy is already here.
     And now we're playing Chess at the highest levels. Russia is threatening Ukraine, China is threatening AT LEAST Taiwan if not the rest of the world, we've just seen the embarrassment and disgrace of our exit from Afghanistan(which had NOTHING to do with our brave troops) but this is pure Chess.
     And our position in the world is getting weaker and weaker with our moves. As our leadership gets dumber and dumber. Where do we need bases? How to we use and collaborate with NATO(if at all). We have no southern border, with dangerous people POURING in that could cause terrorism havoc on our mainland if we did get in a conflict overseas, further weakening our position. Then encourage economic weakness. with unlimited social spending and Draconian covid mandates.

Pure Chess. And Biden and other woke morons are playing checkers.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
Winner of the chest tournament.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2021, 06:52:09 PM »
Thread would not be complete without congratulating Magnus Carlsen on winning the World Chess Championship 2021.

I also happened to think of another sport that is very intellectual and that is boxing. Properly done boxing, the type of knowledge that only the few masters like Cus D' Amato would have. The actual science of boxing,  Boxing is actually chess with live pieces. It's one trainers intellect over the other. The greatness of a boxer is a)the greatness of his trainer and b) the ability to do what the trainer tells him to do.
     Yes there is heart and all that but essentially both trainers are using their intelligence to have their piece(fighter) move correctly to be put in a position for an eventual attack and capture of the kingdom(belt). Using faints, diversions, baits, attacks, angles, retreats, bluffs. protecting certain vulnerable areas, it's all chess, That's why Mike Tyson could have been perhaps the greatest fighter that ever lived had Cus D 'Amato had lived and the team kept Mike under enough control to not have legal problems.

Tyson you can tell has characteristics of savants. Talented savants can have some amazing ability and be completely antisocial everywhere else. Tyson was a boxing savant. Countless stories tell of him at 14 years old watching boxing loops from the 1930s. For HOURS!!!! He knows the most obscure fights that boxing historians barely know. Cus' was teaching Mike chess. All this shit about Tyson being with women and not having his "eye of the tiger" are to blame for his decline after Cus died are bullshit, Mike was doing the same shit as a young teen when he snuck out of the Catskills and robbed and fucked and drank and did all the shit with his Brownsville Boys. Cus just covered all that shit up, because he had such a valuable Chess piece.

Chess is the art of war. If you are at war, you are playing Chess. And most people are at war in my opinion. Whether with someone else or with themselves. Thus most people are playing Chess.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2021, 03:10:15 AM »
*posts 17,000 times*

:D
Much more worthwhile endeavor.  8)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!