Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

R.O.B. (Rest Only Briefly)

<< < (2/5) > >>

JPM:
Have to agreed with Wes, nothing new about short breaks between sets. I believe Vince G. used that in some  of his early training ideas in the late '50's. During the 60's and 70's most top BB'ers were using this principle for short periods. Most used it when getting ready for a show. Ideal for a super pump if that was your goal. Dave Drapper, Scott & Don Horworth (spelled wrong?) come to mind. All trained at Vince's gym (now a parking lot). There were also doing SS's, tri set's, giant sets, drop sets, etc  big time around that period of BB'ing, with no rest between.  15 to 30 second between regular sets gave great muscle endurance considering most of those workouts could last from 2 1/2 to 3 hours or more. Pretty mild deca/D-bol was used but most relied on red meat, liver tabs and eggs  (at least a of dozen a day..usually much more).  Good Luck.

Side Bar: Most, if not all, the guy's who trained at Vince's gym always seemed to have better all around delt development than anyone else. This goes for the bicep bellies also (Scott curls?).

davie:
I take it u maybe dropped the weight u usually used a bit?

davie

WOOO:

--- Quote from: davie on September 17, 2006, 03:53:58 AM ---I take it u maybe dropped the weight u usually used a bit?

davie

--- End quote ---

i rest about 45 seconds to a minute between sets... after about a month of doing this (i used to rest 3-5 minutes sometimes) i found that i was just as strong, but i got a better pump and i got out of the weight room in 30-40 minutes instead of an hour and a half

torquemada:
What kind of training split do people use with this and volume?  I've tried cutting my rest periods down and find it's getting easier...and it is nice to be done in 1/3 the time ;)

WOOO:

--- Quote from: torquemada on September 17, 2006, 04:28:45 PM ---What kind of training split do people use with this and volume?  I've tried cutting my rest periods down and find it's getting easier...and it is nice to be done in 1/3 the time ;)

--- End quote ---
4 on, one off

day1: chest, biceps
day2: quads, hams, abs
day3: calves, side delts, front delts, triceps
day4: back, rear delts, traps, abs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version