Author Topic: Question for Jay Cutler...........  (Read 22173 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Question for Jay Cutler...........
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:09 PM »
i was leafing through the 05 Olympia issue of Flex and was struck by the dramatic improvements you made in back thickness, do you credit any one movement for the improvement or just all the free weight rowing movements you did in 05?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Question for Jay Cutler...........
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »
Yeah, Jay was actually matching or meeting ROnnie on nearly every back pose.  COleman no longer has that advantage.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »
IMO Jay has the best rear double biceps shot in the sport right now.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »

Hahahahahaha.......get some glasses ump ::)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:45:37 PM »

Jay took the criticism in 01 and 03 and knew to beat Ronnie he would have to bring up his back. He has done so and is within distance of taking Ronnie down.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:47:14 PM »
i dont think the best.  i think ronnie and vidtor still have him.  but he is great and made vast im provements noetheless.

he is as wide as ronnie now, but ronnie has beter thickness and detail...can see the christmas tree and you cant on jay.    victor just cant be touched on lats though....hes crazy.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
i dont think the best.  i think ronnie and vidtor still have him.  but he is great and made vast im provements noetheless.

he is as wide as ronnie now, but ronnie has beter thickness and detail...can see the christmas tree and you cant on jay.    victor just cant be touched on lats though....hes crazy.
Jay is light years ahead of Victor in terms of back thickness, density and even width, Victors lats look very high in that shot, that gives the illusion of more width, Jay's lower back is just as thick as Ronnie's but the Christmas tree is just a genetic thing i think.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 12:51:21 PM »

Without a doubt!  Jay wiped Coleman out in B.D.B last year!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »
Jay is light years ahead of Victor in terms of back thickness, density and even width, Victors lats look very high in that shot, that gives the illusion of more width, Jay's lower back is just as thick as Ronnie's but the Christmas tree is just a genetic thing i think.

Get some glasses, Jay's back is not wider and dense is the last word I would use to describe it ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:12 PM »
Without a doubt!  Jay wiped Coleman out in B.D.B last year!!

Not even close to wiping him out. Jay still lacks the detail and separation Coleman has.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »
im not sure i think i would have to see a side by side.    victor back is just insane.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »
Get some glasses, Jay's back is not wider and dense is the last word I would use to describe it ::)

Jay dwarfs you ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »
  Not even close to wiping him out. Jay still lacks the detail and separation Coleman has.

Dude, you gotta be kiddin me!   In the past yes, but the playin field was leveled last year....width, density, seperation.......Jay's got it all.....I'm not takin nothin away from Big Ron, but IMHO Jay soundly beat Coleman in the BDB pose at the '05 O.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 01:03:10 PM »
Dude, you gotta be kiddin me!   In the past yes, but the playin field was leveled last year....width, density, seperation.......Jay's got it all.....I'm not takin nothin away from Big Ron, but IMHO Jay soundly beat Coleman in the BDB pose at the '05 O.

He had the size but he definitely didn't have the separation or detail. Consult your local Yellow Pages to find an optometrist.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »
Jay did make dramatic improvements but Ronnie was also down in weight a little.  Ronnie's back was the biggest at the 2004 Grand Prix Holland at 303.

In 2005 their backs could be reasonably compared and debated.  In 2004 Jay's back was pretty big as well.  2003 and earlier there is no debate to speak of, so Jay has definitely made some dramatic improvements.  You should see Jay's back in the 2005 Battle for the Olympia, it was just sick.  One of my friends wasn't a fan of Jay until he saw him train in that DVD.
i agree here Matt up until 04 Jay's back wasn't close to Ronnie's but i think Jay is extremely serious about taking this thing from Ronnie and now with some more quad sweep that might be possible.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »
i agree here Matt up until 04 Jay's back wasn't close to Ronnie's but i think Jay is extremely serious about taking this thing from Ronnie and now with some more quad sweep that might be possible.

Yeah, he's gotta re-balance his legs again....circa '01'-02 they were outstanding......he's always ripped, but bring back the balanced size coupled with his new back and he'll dominate....especially with Coleman's tricep issue there's a serious chance the title will change hands.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 01:08:08 PM »
lol, if Ronnie joined this board they would all start kissing his ass too.

Maybe it isn't all that hard for a board to turn into a haven of asskissers.  All it takes are a few like minded mods to ban anyone not kissing ass and voila.

To sarcasm's credit, I saw him making comments about Jay rightfully beating Ronnie months ago, long before Jay joined.
i'm not afraid to admit Jay's faults, he is a little asymmetrical, his quads have definitely come down in size and sweep but you have to give him his credit his back is dramatically improved.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 01:09:34 PM »
Will it be possible for Jay to present the overall better package on stage than Ronnie?  Yes.

Will he win even if that does happen?  No - or at the very least, I highly doubt it.  That seems discouraging, but it's just how it is.

Here is a related thread:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=68213.0

Ronnie is going down this year. I will put money on it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 01:11:09 PM »

This is definitely the safest year to bet!!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »
justw ait and see, man...ronnie aint no punk.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

Hahahaha...if he didn't win in  2001 I don't think he's going to win now ;D He looks great though.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »
Look at all you fvckers havin a real bb conversation on Getbig!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:37 PM »
Seriously, Jay isn't even close to Ronnie. I saw the 2005 Olympia on INHD, and was blown away by how much bigger Ronnie is than everyone else. He makes huge guys like Jay Cutler and Branch Warren look small and underdeveloped. Ronnie's legs, back, chest, and arms look twice as big as Cutler's. He also has the most insane vascularity I've ever seen on a bodybuilder. It is truly a freaky sight to behold.

Cutler's frame can only hold so much mass. He looked much better around 220 lb. His waist is just too wide and blocky these days. Ronnie may have a gut, but he still has a relatively narrow waist and freakishly wide/thick lats. Ronnie's lats just hang off the side of his back.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
He had the size but he definitely didn't have the separation or detail. Consult your local Yellow Pages to find an optometrist.

My thoughts exactly.  Jay's great but I don't think anyone will ever decisively beat Ronnie's BDB.  Jay's has improved but that doesn't = better than Ronnie's.  

thisiskeith12

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 01:24:29 PM »

Hahahaha...if he didn't win in  2001 I don't think he's going to win now ;D He looks great though.

Ronnie is going down. No doubts about it. Jay will finally become Mr. O.