Author Topic: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.  (Read 18202 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Re: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 06:39:14 AM »
all that being said, most guys with a bodybuilders type body generally have hot girlfriends, or are with women that are also into weightlifting. 

I never got into weightlifting for the sake of looking good.  I really just wanted more functional strength.  The added mass is nice and all, but given the choice I would rather look like Brad Pitt in Snatch or fight club than look like Ronnie or Gunter or Marcus. 

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 07:27:01 AM »
WHO GIVES A SHYT WHAT WOMEN THINK ABOUT AN EXTREME PHYSIQUE. PRO BODYBUILDING IS BUSINESS FIRST AND THEN EVERYTHING ELSE. I WOULDN'T GIVE A SHYT ABOUT BITCHES TELLING HOW GROSS MY MUSCLES ARE. FCUK EM.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »
all that being said, most guys with a bodybuilders type body generally have hot girlfriends, or are with women that are also into weightlifting. 

I never got into weightlifting for the sake of looking good.  I really just wanted more functional strength.  The added mass is nice and all, but given the choice I would rather look like Brad Pitt in Snatch or fight club than look like Ronnie or Gunter or Marcus. 

it's easier to have brad pitt's physique than to achieve Ronnie or Gunter. otherwise, every scrawny nerds outthere would walk around with mountainous Pecs and Cobra Lats
Get Big, or Die Trying

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 07:34:40 AM »
HUGEPECS, why for art thou meltdowneth ??
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 07:46:31 AM »
Two cents from a 39 year old man married for 8 years. [Which may make me more or less credible to you on this subject.]

Lots of people would like to eat this cheeseburger.

Very few people would like to eat this cheeseburger.

Yes, there are muscle groupies to whom, say, Gunther Schlierkamp is the hottest man to walk the face of the earth. [Though even they would find their ardor considerably diminished during the off-season.] But they are few in number and - it must be said - a little unsavory. Their male counterpart would be the guy who wants a skinny woman with huge fake tits - no other qualifications necessary. Even other men have little respect for him. Still, if the only thing holding Alexxx back from manifesting Cutler-like size is fear of not being able to find a girlfriend, he should go for it. He'll still be able to find one.

That said, if you want to know what kind of physique the majority of women are attracted to, just follow the money. The romance novel industry is a multi-billion dollar enterprise whose executives spare no effort in taking the pulse of their consumers to better tailor their cheap fantasies for them. My sources tell me that the cover model de jour is some guy named John DeSalvo. So here it is: American women's idea of the perfect male physique:

Doubt he could win even a local NPC show.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »
HUGEPECS, why for art thou meltdowneth ??

it's just the way I see it, my man
Get Big, or Die Trying

Slick Vic

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 08:08:25 AM »
Now that looks good!

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 08:22:22 AM »
Oh Sandra, what you and alot of other posters do is think that people who read the boards actually care about your guile and sophistication. I used to be like that, you know get in arguments with others about a topic and try to map out a logical reason which refutes what the other has to say. And if encountered with nonsense, I would also point them out as being 'childish' or 'immature'.

Let me break it down like this....

NOBODY CARES!!!!

Just keep going to those industry parties with derek anthony, greg valentino, and the other no names...You such a fan its sickening...

Whats a matter, no man in your life ? what is a woman of your age doing on a board like this ?? Tryin to land some cock or something ?? Yeah you just scream classy.

Jaejown3d

Hon,
I keep telling you, as long as you reply to me, it shows you care.
Sandra

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »
WHO GIVES A SHYT WHAT WOMEN THINK ABOUT AN EXTREME PHYSIQUE. PRO BODYBUILDING IS BUSINESS FIRST AND THEN EVERYTHING ELSE. I WOULDN'T GIVE A SHYT ABOUT BITCHES TELLING HOW GROSS MY MUSCLES ARE. FCUK EM.

Though I agree with you the 'do it for yourself and fuck everyone else' attitude, it's sometimes not practical walking around carrying 260lbs. of lean muscle, I've been up to that size, my lower back was hurting, had no energy, felt lethargic all the time, even now at 249 I still feel a bit sluggish. And I'm not even that big or built compared to pro's, you get my drift? And you're right it's pretty much effortless to maintain a lean 200-220lb. physique in comparison to 250, 260, etc.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »
I never got into weightlifting for the sake of looking good. 

Well it's a good damn thing. hahaha

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
Well it's a good damn thing. hahaha

he's lying. he got to weightlifting so that he could get laid more often.
Get Big, or Die Trying

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »
The guys from years ago had the look woman would appreciate, Zane, Arnold etc... I don't think any of the so called "mass monsters" would appeal to to many women.
The House that Ruth built

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 10:18:08 AM »
The guys from years ago had the look woman would appreciate, Zane, Arnold etc... I don't think any of the so called "mass monsters" would appeal to to many women.

that's because Mass Monsters dont give a fcuk what bitches think about their physique
Get Big, or Die Trying

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

that's because Mass Monsters dont give a fcuk what bitches think about their physique

Thats just their excuse for never getting any ass.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »
I personally think that initially guys start to do it to get on the radar with women...but once they get to the point where they are starting to really fill out, it is more a personal drive to be bigger, more jack.

Girl: "you look fine already!"

Guy: "I wanna look like that !" (points to MD cover)

Girl: "Dont ever look like that babe...ewwww thats soooo gross!!"
Great post. Excellent!
?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »
Thats just their excuse for never getting any ass.

I'm sure those guys get laid more than we think.
Get Big, or Die Trying

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »
I love the cheeseburger analogy!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »

Who cares what women think of your physique...bottom line it doesnt matter if you're a slob or have a body of a god. women like and WANt to be treated like pigs. They really do and I cant wait to count the women who will chime in and tell me differently as if only THEY arent like that...the point is...the better you treat a woman...the more the despise you. Women HATE men who are good to them...they ADORE men who treat them like filthy good for nothing tricks.

ALL...not some or most or a few or 'the ones with low self esteem'...ALL women want to be treated like pigs. They just eat it up...give a woman lots of respect...you will get NONE back. Give a woman ZERO respect...they will worship the ground you walk on.

You'll fall into the 'friend' zone or ''like my brother or something'' zone if you are good to women...but if they hate your guts...they still want to or would fcuk you. Quit worrying about physique types...its not about that...its about how shitty you treat them...thats what keeps them interested.
?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
Who cares what women think of your physique...bottom line it doesnt matter if you're a slob or have a body of a god. women like and WANt to be treated like pigs. They really do and I cant wait to count the women who will chime in and tell me differently as if only THEY arent like that...the point is...the better you treat a woman...the more the despise you. Women HATE men who are good to them...they ADORE men who treat them like filthy good for nothing tricks.

ALL...not some or most or a few or 'the ones with low self esteem'...ALL women want to be treated like pigs. They just eat it up...give a woman lots of respect...you will get NONE back. Give a woman ZERO respect...they will worship the ground you walk on.

You'll fall into the 'friend' zone or ''like my brother or something'' zone if you are good to women...but if they hate your guts...they still want to or would fcuk you. Quit worrying about physique types...its not about that...its about how shitty you treat them...thats what keeps them interested.

You're going to make a good father someday.  ::)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

Thats 1!

Am I not telling the truth?
?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »
Bump: REad about Matt homoerotic fantasies later.
just push some weight!

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »
What people always forget when debating this issue is that there is a big difference between what a bodybuilder looks like in street clothes / off season vs. what he looks like on stage or in a magazine.  A lot of women turned off by the oiled-up competition look might find the same guy very appealing in a casual setting.  Of course in a setting like that, face, eyes, personality and other factors come into play too.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »

I'm sure those guys get laid more than we think.

Yeah, I am sure. Its easy when that number is ZERO. :D

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »

Case in point.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
I attract a lot of strippers(shizz I mean dancers ;)) it probably has a lot to do with where I live but there are not a lot of bodybuilders around here and the 'exotic look' type tend to stick together...I am like 260 right now, compete around 215(pics posted)

...my point is that the more far off from 'society norms' I get the more I seem to attract that 'type'

i.e.----the dancers with tatoo'd eye make-up, huge tee o' bitties, money, bit older than me, do feature shows,etc.

my girl now loves BB'ing but she liked WWF type of look before hand---freaks attract freaks!!!!