Author Topic: 02.27.06 - David Henry Interview on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly!!!  (Read 9089 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
02.27.06 - David Henry Interview on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly!!!
« on: February 22, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »
Bodybuilding talk radio returns on Monday as Pro Bodybuilding Weekly takes a look back at the 2006 Ironman Pro.  Join hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo as they welcome contest runner-up and rising star David Henry. The worldwide broadcast will also feature a preview of the upcoming Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

The voice of professional bodybuilding airs LIVE on Monday at 8pm est (5pm pst). Tune in at http://www.ProBodybuildingWeekly.com

Submit your questions here or through the site.
Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

Re: 02.27.06 - David Henry Interview on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »
You have to tell Dave to flex his chest when he does a lat spread.
awesome physique

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 02:19:16 PM »
yeah and get us a glute shot too

plamzza

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »
Tell him to stop the zhit with GETBIG because we do not condon any kind of slandering of whatosever with any magazines. We mind our business. He should  stop it. no zhit.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »
Cool  :)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 11:54:22 PM »
And yet, people hear wonder why Dave said he doesn't read getbig cause of all the negative and disrespectful comments.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:19 AM »
And yet, people hear wonder why Dave said he doesn't read getbig cause of all the negative and disrespectful comments.

I don't know what he's whining about. I for one have never seen any kind of hostile, negative or disrespectful comment hurled in my direction.  :D
w

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 03:49:04 PM »
I don't know what he's whining about. I for one have never seen any kind of hostile, negative or disrespectful comment hurled in my direction.  :D

That's because the comments are probably deleted already.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 02:27:08 AM »
I wonder if he's going to confess on stealing Lee's pizza after the Ironman.
I am a mini beast

stomper

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 06:09:06 AM »
i would like to know how long hes been training dc,how much dante(dc)does for him trainiing and diet or just training, and how did he train before

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 04:49:16 PM »
REPLAY now available at: http://www.probodybuildingweekly.com

Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 06:35:51 PM »
you the man lift.

DH was a pretty interesting interview. I don't agree with everything he said, but he is confident and definitely on the way up.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 04:57:20 AM »
ok interview
dude is just slightly insane

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 08:17:21 AM »
He sounds like Keaneu Reeves from bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.... Dude thats a walmart scale man, fer sure bra ...and working 70 hours a day ...yeah ok .... i know how hard govt. jobs are and beleive me i bet he also includes the working out in the middle of the day as time on the job... what a small small little man he is
L

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
He sounds like Keaneu Reeves from bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.... Dude thats a walmart scale man, fer sure bra ...and working 70 hours a day ...yeah ok .... i know how hard govt. jobs are and beleive me i bet he also includes the working out in the middle of the day as time on the job... what a small small little man he is

lol  yeah govt desk jockey work so hard

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 11:15:39 AM »
The interview sucked for the most part. They didn't mention anything about Getbig and his comments in the magazine about Getbig.

These interviewers Bob and Dan really don't ask the key questions we listeners are interested in. They say they ask the controversial key questions and don't hold back... Bullshit. They walk on glass and don't ask any of the controversial questions the fans really want asked.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »
Bob should of been like ... "How can you let a guy with  no back and no chest beat you in this day and age ?? i mean his lat spread was as smooth as Mustafas quad seperation...
L

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 03:29:45 PM »
Bob should of been like ... "How can you let a guy with  no back and no chest beat you in this day and age ?? i mean his lat spread was as smooth as Mustafas quad seperation...
soft ball questions and not cutting edge enough, you r right

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 04:26:44 PM »
Certain guests simply don't play into the "envelope pushing" questions.  For example, in the case of David Henry, Bob asked "Do you think you should have won the Ironman....a lot of people felt that you were the rightful winner".  In this instance, David had the chance to "stir it up" and proclaim himself the rightful winner.  -- Instead, he chose to take the high road and he showed Lee a ton of respect.  As the hosts, we allow the guest to dictate the pace of the interview.  -- By comparison, when we've had guests such as Cormier, Victor, Dorian, Priest, Kamali, Titus, Shawn, Romano, etc... you will notice that those guests spoke their minds - and the results were very entertaining. -- Our objective for each guest is to give them an opportunity to showcase their own style.  Ironically, after some of our earlier shows, we were criticized for trying too hard to stir up controversy.  Thanks for tuning in.  The audience numbers have been tremendous. 
Dan

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 04:29:48 PM »
Certain guests simply don't play into the "envelope pushing" questions.  For example, in the case of David Henry, Bob asked "Do you think you should have won the Ironman....a lot of people felt that you were the rightful winner".  In this instance, David had the chance to "stir it up" and proclaim himself the rightful winner.  -- Instead, he chose to take the high road and he showed Lee a ton of respect.  As the hosts, we allow the guest to dictate the pace of the interview.  -- By comparison, when we've had guests such as Cormier, Victor, Dorian, Priest, Kamali, Titus, Shawn, Romano, etc... you will notice that those guests spoke their minds - and the results were very entertaining. -- Our objective for each guest is to give them an opportunity to showcase their own style.  Ironically, after some of our earlier shows, we were criticized for trying too hard to stir up controversy.  Thanks for tuning in.  The audience numbers have been tremendous. 
Dan

Good call. Same on getbig- Rich Jones handled a variety of questions with style and avoided saying something regrettable. Others are less capable of avoiding verbal missteps.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 04:31:30 PM »
They should get Richard on pro bodybuilding weekly

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »
They walk on glass and don't ask any of the controversial questions the fans really want asked.

Why don't you post up questions you want asked next time? What controversial questions would you as a fan have asked? Just out of curiousity...

LIFT

Elevate Your Image.™

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »
Dan

I totally disagree. When you asked David Henry about who should of won the Ironman I think he was very truthful and did speak his mind. David is obviously a huge fan of Lee and felt his placing was perfect. Is it so hard to believe maybe David WAS satisfied with his placing? Maybe those WERE his opinions. Had it been someone else less deserving than Lee I'm sure David Henry would of been the first to say it was bullshit.

I think controversy is a good thing. You shouldn't be afraid to ask any questions excluding those that be potentially unsafe for them legally to answer. But Asking them for instance "Tell us more about your comments in Muscle and Fitness about Getbig.com" and let them talk a bit about that. Sure it's controversial..That's GOOD. That's what we tune in for, to be ENTERTAINED.

However in your defense...Would you be willing to actually converse with us on Getbig in one of these sticky threads posted telling what the next show will be about? We can post questions we think should be asked and you can tell us what you think about them and you can ask them these questions.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »
I think it too was David Henry himself that was going to shy away from rocking the boat on the Ironman comp. He is a dorky little fellow and has to be a really straight laced individual to have the job he has in the military. So I would never expect David Henry to act up, he needs a few wins before the egomania sets in and then he starts talking out the side of his mouth... right now he is in his ass kissing stage of the profession, after someone snatches some food from him he'll come around ... they all come around ...
L

Mechanic

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 05:58:01 AM »
I think it too was David Henry himself that was going to shy away from rocking the boat on the Ironman comp. He is a dorky little fellow and has to be a really straight laced individual to have the job he has in the military. So I would never expect David Henry to act up, he needs a few wins before the egomania sets in and then he starts talking out the side of his mouth... right now he is in his ass kissing stage of the profession, after someone snatches some food from him he'll come around ... they all come around ...
OMG  ::)
I don't see "jaejonna" coming in second after Lee Priest..
Man, you're a loser..some idiot tough guy behind a keyboard. Once you're able to work a 60 hour a week job and look like Henry you've got a right to talk..since that aint happening..you're a LOSER!!