Author Topic: Ro's Training and Diet Thread  (Read 146469 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Ro's Road to Wabba Universe
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »
Decided not to bother trying to be show ready in a few weeks. Yeah I miss out on chance to win a grand sterling like I did last 2 years at this show but my body just doesn't want the over training and deprivation. I was planning on not competing again this year while preparing for the nabba worlds but then with the disappointing way it turned out I wanted to finish the year on a win to prove to myself and others. Should have taken an off season.

Totally blasted legs last evening with several sets of squats up to 200kg. Going to finish up the gear I have, enough for another 5 weeks then take 6-10 weeks off everything.

Run it like this;

Test E 250mg eod 1gm week
Equipoise 200mg eod 800gm week
Test P 100mg eod 400mg week
Tren A 100mg eod 400mg week
Masteron 100mg eod 400mg week

3.4gms total

T3 50mcg day, Arimidex 1mg 3 x week

dropped the clen, was giving me headache. Will try to make do without pre workouts and thermogenic caps just coffee pre workout.

If you would like this thread to continue the name should be changed back to BigRos training and diet thread or something like that :)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Ro's Training and Diet Thread
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2014, 01:13:54 AM »
You know what's right for you Ro. Glad you are keeping the thread up.  :)

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »
Ro are you still doing the 3x cardio a day?  Stationary bike only? If you do, how do you split them up?
I do enjoy your training thread a lot. 
Thanks BigRo.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2014, 03:11:29 AM »
not going to continue alot of cardio but plenty of walking and biking outdoors, not with the principal aim of fat burning though. If it helps keep me lean all the better.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
A muse...
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2014, 06:36:18 AM »
training can be satisfying and rewarding of itself, having a contest coming up makes the athlete feel special but its nearly always a let down. When we train with the thought of that one special day in mind, eat with that day in mind it becomes invested with so much psychic energy, then the thing is over before you know it, win or loose, winning feels better of course, but regardless there is an emptiness inside which questions the validity of valuing the stage high above everything else and making it the pinnacle of life experience.

Being fully in the Now is the highest discipline and reward simultaneously. Making one day out of the year more special than another and devoting all ones actions towards that future date makes being present very difficult.

Is it really the flowering of ones individual potential to become great at something (like bodybuilding in my case) at the expense of the flowering of the 'heart' 'mind' and 'consciousness' ?

the competitive lifestyle revolves around the most physical layer of our being. training it, feeding it, supplementing it, assessing and pinching it in the mirror etc when the mind gets absorbed in body identification it makes itself a slave to limitation and division, whereas the flowering of spiritual potential makes one identify with the eternal ground of being, the cosmic whole, not a small corporal part.

Ideally the body and mind should be like cloaks we put on to play out our part on the stage of life. To be liberated we need to be like the projector (soul) and know the body and mind to be projections dependent upon it. To the extent our physical training, athleticism and sporting hobbies can get us more in touch with the now where soul always abides then they are aiding us and others in living with more freedom and less suffering. If they become absorbing obsessions split off from everything but the goals we wish to obtain through them then they are like prisons and set imprisoning examples to others.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: A muse...
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »
training can be satisfying and rewarding of itself, having a contest coming up makes the athlete feel special but its nearly always a let down. When we train with the thought of that one special day in mind, eat with that day in mind it becomes invested with so much psychic energy, then the thing is over before you know it, win or loose, winning feels better of course, but regardless there is an emptiness inside which questions the validity of valuing the stage high above everything else and making it the pinnacle of life experience.

Being fully in the Now is the highest discipline and reward simultaneously. Making one day out of the year more special than another and devoting all ones actions towards that future date makes being present very difficult.

Is it really the flowering of ones individual potential to become great at something (like bodybuilding in my case) at the expense of the flowering of the 'heart' 'mind' and 'consciousness' ?

the competitive lifestyle revolves around the most physical layer of our being. training it, feeding it, supplementing it, assessing and pinching it in the mirror etc when the mind gets absorbed in body identification it makes itself a slave to limitation and division, whereas the flowering of spiritual potential makes one identify with the eternal ground of being, the cosmic whole, not a small corporal part.

Ideally the body and mind should be like cloaks we put on to play out our part on the stage of life. To be liberated we need to be like the projector (soul) and know the body and mind to be projections dependent upon it. To the extent our physical training, athleticism and sporting hobbies can get us more in touch with the now where soul always abides then they are aiding us and others in living with more freedom and less suffering. If they become absorbing obsessions split off from everything but the goals we wish to obtain through them then they are like prisons and set imprisoning examples to others.

fuck this is a great post even for me qho is not so much into this spiritual thing

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
And just want to say im glad that you will continue to post in this thread....i dont post much but read it and find it very inspirational.

do you never take tren e? Tried it once but it was fake....tren a is amazing anyway so i stick to that.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »

Is it really the flowering of ones individual potential to become great at somethin (like bodybuilding in my case) at the expense of the flowering of the 'heart' 'mind' and 'consciousness' ?

I have to admit, no longer competing has left me feeling without purpose..when your consumed with goals of getting bigger, strict dieting etc.....instead of now, living healthly but treading water and maintaining

Funnilly enough when I was actualy showing, all iwNted to do was eat normally again

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
I have to admit, no longer competing has left me feeling without purpose..when your consumed with goals of getting bigger, strict dieting etc.....instead of now, living healthly but treading water and maintaining

Funnilly enough when I was actualy showing, all iwNted to do was eat normally again
any toughts about competing again or are you to focused on your mma finance warrior of peace career now?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »
any toughts about competing again or are you to focused on your mma finance warrior of peace career now?

I feel im on the true path.....

theyounghormone

• Getbig II
  • retired teen bodybuilder
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:26 AM »
i know the exact feeling but, its only a few extra weeks until your worlds show and pulling out now won't really change anything interms of mindset for the longterm, you are moreso just making it happen quicker when you can have the body&mind connection you want but with peace that you conquered your goal that youve been working towards for so long, everyone i know who has pulled out of a show has regretted it after because simply, unless it was because of horrendous conditioning, they end up seeing the show and know they could have placed and the reasons they had for not competing were not immediate changes that needed to happen right away, moreso philosophical.

Just a thought, not trying to be a dick or anything but i can see you regretting this in the months to come, it could help aswell as you can plan the way you will balance the mind better after you do the show.

Also bet my house you wont last longer then 4 weeks off gear  ;D

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
Back this afternoon;

5 sets 90 degree barbell rows 4 x 120 kilo x 6, 1 x 100kg x 10
5 x wide grip full range pull ups x 10, 10, 8,7,6
5 x 70kilo close grip lat pulldown x 15

Arms this evening;

7 sets tricep rope pushdown
5 sets alternate dumbbell curl
2 sets barbell curl
3 sets hammer curl
3 sets ez laying tricep extensions
3 x each side one arm d,b extensions ss with concentration curls

25mins stepper

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »
Ro is that just the lighting or did something happen to your face.
A

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »
just the lighting

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Ro's Road to Wabba Universe
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
Decided not to bother trying to be show ready in a few weeks. Yeah I miss out on chance to win a grand sterling like I did last 2 years at this show but my body just doesn't want the over training and deprivation. I was planning on not competing again this year while preparing for the nabba worlds but then with the disappointing way it turned out I wanted to finish the year on a win to prove to myself and others. Should have taken an off season.

Totally blasted legs last evening with several sets of squats up to 200kg. Going to finish up the gear I have, enough for another 5 weeks then take 6-10 weeks off everything.

Run it like this;

Test E 250mg eod 1gm week
Equipoise 200mg eod 800gm week
Test P 100mg eod 400mg week
Tren A 100mg eod 400mg week
Masteron 100mg eod 400mg week

3.4gms total

T3 50mcg day, Arimidex 1mg 3 x week

dropped the clen, was giving me headache. Will try to make do without pre workouts and thermogenic caps just coffee pre workout.

If you would like this thread to continue the name should be changed back to BigRos training and diet thread or something like that :)

nice stack.

comboing test esters is a great idea. an ifbb pro/friend of mine also recommends this.

have you ever used the enanthate versions of the tren and mast?

hows your blood pressure?
b

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
I have used Tren Enth its potent, good for off season when wanting less pinning frequency. Dont think we get Mast Enanthate around this woods.

About blood pressure I can only say I believe it is stable. My meditation helps that but I should get a monitor or use the old mans.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2014, 04:20:59 PM »
How much muscle have you put on this past year?
A

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »
Not sure maybe 6lbs?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
 :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2014, 11:45:07 AM »
Looking great Ro, big improvements.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
thanks I decided to get back on a prep diet on wednesday and am at the end of 2nd day of keto diet. Dropped alot of fat. Belly absolutely gnawing at me right now. Whats worse is I got word this evening that I cannot compete in the derry show in 2 weeks. Deadline for entry was 10th October. Bit far out I think for a local show. I was hoping to show up in reasonable shape and win it again (plus a grand sterling would be nice) I was ready to endure what I could to bring it. Looks like I will have to accept I wont be competing again this year.

If I compete next year it will be with IFBB, Spring Classic, Europeans, Arnold Amateur, Amateur Olympia.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
&feature=youtu.be

clip of a set from chest training today.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
Pro card is round the corner  8)
S

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

:)

irish version of antoine vaillant right there

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
&feature=youtu.be

clip of a set from chest training today.

How much you benching there Ro ?
A