Author Topic: Progress  (Read 8310 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Progress
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »
U made great progress and u deserve the acollades . but you def used gear . There are a lot of people here who realize just what u can and what u cannot natural . U def used aas and fatburners and I believe u lifted before. 550 dead in 7 months training as a beginner natural ....not even if you are nick winters type talent without gear. But u are in a drug tested fed and I understand u ;) . excellent transformation nonetheless.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
Thanksman

AAs, NO. Fatburners, yes, I was on CLA for the last 3 weeks of the 12.

To be honest I was expecting a lot worse than the comments I've had so far. I thought I'd be torn apart for my physique, that's why I took some convincing in posting this.

I'm surprised that the fat loss  muscle gain etc is an issue, I thought most people wouldn't believe I'm pulling an easy 550lb deadlift. Most people I know would have said that was pretty much impossible for seven months training. Also, take into account I was drinking a shit load everyday and my testosterone would have been seriously supressed. Take away the alcohol and I'm guessing my natural levels probably overshot for a while, before levelling off again. That's one reason I consider. Another thing, since getting fitter, my mental wellbeing has increased and my shrink decided to decrease my antidepressants, which had also supressed my natural testosterone. I forgot to mention that during these 12 weeks my whole life was orientated around doing everything as perfectly as possible to get the best possible natural gains, eating, sleeping, training, everything else took a back seat for those 12 weeks

At the end of the day, if people don't believe I'm natural I'll take it as a compliment. I certainly don't look that good and I would have to be dumb as fuck to be using gear at the age of 19 and just starting lifting. Also, I'd have to be extra dumb to register with a drug tested PL federation that can test me anytime all year round...

What matters to me anyway is I'm not pissing my life down the drain anymore and I thought this would maybe give everyone an alternative view on why some people turn to the gym

I will now yield an integral sliver of advice since you are at a critical juncture.....Bodybuildin g and Powerlifting are fruitless pursuits and you SHOULD NOT rely on them for anything and they should solely be treated as an alternate spare-time activity.  Nothing more.  You have a character makeup of an individual that clings to extremes on the spectrum of compulsivity.  I see this has already infected you as you stated that your complete life was tailored around this quixotic pursuit.

These new-found and fresh activities of yours should not be given so much importance.  You are now at the banks of the Rubicon.  Do not cross it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »
If I took AAs I'd look a HELL of a lot better. Look at the evidence, I think most people would agree that those pictures are definitely not those of a gear user
Why would you look much better with gear? What are you basing this on, since you say you haven't ever used the stuff? What does one look like after "using 'gear' for 3 months". Would you have gained 45lbs of muscle instead? What? Most gear users in your situation would have looked much worse, with much much worse muscle gains/fat loss.

You do not put on 25lbs of muscle while being in a deficit that allows you to lose 45lbs of fat without hormones.

I was one who said that your lifts were extremely impressive. That's a 550lb dead, raw, as a teen, after training 7 months. I don't know of a single case where this has been equaled clean. Was it a record breaking lift in your fed?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »
I know I would look better if I took gear, because I know that I did this naturally. If I took gear I would be a lot bigger. What, in your opinion would be "normal natural" gains in this case then?
In most cases you would be lucky to even maintain all your lean mass. Sure, beginners sometimes manage to put on a bit of LBM while shedding some fat, it's a known phenomenon - 45lbs of fat is a hell of a lot to lose though while putting on that much muscle. Most gear users would have trouble with that.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
Nice work dude. You should celebrate with a few drinks.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2007, 10:09:54 AM »
Yeh, I've joked about that myself!  ;D Only problem is I wouldn't stop celebrating :-\

Why stop? You can look great and still drink 5 to 6 nights a week. Don't be a quitter dude.  ;D
E

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »
Sev i train with the guy.

guy is natural. id put my life on it.

to clarify about teh muscle fast loss etc.

i think ben was 227lbs at around 25-30% bodyfat

got to i dunno 220 at id say around 6-7%

do the maths.

obviously when i talk about muscle i talk about the water weight and the glycogen etc all in teh muscles ect. not just the pure fibers etc.

also teh guy who trains us is a genuius.

ben deserves all the credit he gets

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »
dude was well fat got well lean

sorry i think his weight was around 210 or summat i dont remember exactly. ben can fill u in.

thing is he lost a shit load of fat and it would be stupid to say he only lost 14lb of it e.g

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »
look better, but still does not look like you lift at all.  Just lost some body fat.

Advice:  GET a JOB! and move out of that horrible basement.  Looks like you are living in a Harlem appartment with rent being 50 bucks a month.  Good luck bringing a girl back there, I wouldn;t even walk around barefoot in that place.  seriously, job time, and BB should be a hobby.
you are gay.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
look better, but still does not look like you lift at all.  Just lost some body fat.

Advice:  GET a JOB! and move out of that horrible basement.  Looks like you are living in a Harlem appartment with rent being 50 bucks a month.  Good luck bringing a girl back there, I wouldn;t even walk around barefoot in that place.  seriously, job time, and BB should be a hobby.
you sound like a hater to me, if you think he looks "like he doesn't lift at all" here then you're high as a kite.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »
theworm do you have a pic?

SF props for givoing credit where due

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »

How stupid can one be? He has a verified 550lb pull. Do you think he did that with no muscle?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2007, 12:59:58 PM »
theworm do you have a pic?

SF props for givoing credit where due
i always give credit where it's due, to say that he looks like he doesn't lift is the stupidist thing i've ever heard, the kid has A LOT of muscle.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »
i always give credit where it's due, to say that he looks like he doesn't lift is the stupidist thing i've ever heard, the kid has A LOT of muscle.
...so much muscle, many are questioning aas...theworm may be drunk himself

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »
the kid has A LOT of muscle.

Not really, however he made awesome gains. He will probably get there, just be consistent. Don't expect huge gains anymore after 1 year of training. It will go dead slowly.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
Sev i train with the guy.

guy is natural. id put my life on it.

to clarify about teh muscle fast loss etc.

i think ben was 227lbs at around 25-30% bodyfat

got to i dunno 220 at id say around 6-7%

do the maths.

obviously when i talk about muscle i talk about the water weight and the glycogen etc all in teh muscles ect. not just the pure fibers etc.

also teh guy who trains us is a genuius.

ben deserves all the credit he gets

::)
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2007, 03:28:47 PM »
Ben looks great but his level of progress seems extremely beyond what one would expect given his natural status in 7 weeks

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »
::)
based on these starting/to date #'s...this means:
21% drop in body fat %
49 lbs. of fat dropped
42 lbs. of muscle gained

All in 7 weeks???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I did the maths

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »
based on these starting/to date #'s...this means:
21% drop in body fat %
49 lbs. of fat dropped
42 lbs. of muscle gained

All in 7 weeks???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I did the maths

Those are decent numbers, but one time I put on 89 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks while losing 76 pounds of fat. So I am not too impressed.
E

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2007, 03:42:01 PM »
Those are decent numbers, but one time I put on 89 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks while losing 76 pounds of fat. So I am not too impressed.
haha..yeah.."decent" #'s

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »
haha..yeah.."decent" #'s

You ever get a hot date on a Saturday and say it's like Thursday already and you have 2 days to shape up? I  like to put on about 15 pounds of muscle and lose 15 pounds of fat in those 2 days, it doesn't seem like much, but you can really see the difference if you are paying attention.
E

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
You ever get a hot date on a Saturday and say it's like Thursday already and you have 2 days to shape up? I  like to put on about 15 pounds of muscle and lose 15 pounds of fat in those 2 days, it doesn't seem like much, but you can really see the difference if you are paying attention.
LOL..yeah they make it sound pretty easy

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »
the worm does not care what others think.  Ok, he may look like he occasionally lifts at the local "y," but by no means is this anything impressive at all.  

My point was this:  First, get a job, this would lead to money.  Money would lead to a better appartment, better haircut, and a life.

So to recap:  Get a job, then have BB as a hobby.  

If you are ok with severe poverty, ignore this message.  There is no future for you in bodybuilding, McDonalds pays better.
you are gay.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2007, 03:52:41 PM »
I am about to hit the gym and put 2 inch on my arms..should be easy enough