Author Topic: Abortion: to choose or not to choose...  (Read 6593 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Abortion: to choose or not to choose...
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:31:44 AM »
Michigan man accused of ramming car into women's clinic in Iowa
9/12/2006, 11:21 a.m. ET

The Associated Press       
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — A man accused of ramming his car into a women's clinic and then setting his car on fire thought it was an abortion clinic, police said Tuesday.

........................ ...

There are approximately 46 million abortions performed throughout the world each year. South Dakota passed a bill outlawing virtually all abortions. It's a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion except in cases where it is necessary to save the woman's life, and there are no exceptions for rape or incest.

Although I would hate to ever be in the position of having to decide, I think it would send women's rights back into the dark ages if this became the status quo.  :'(

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Abortion: to choose or not to choose...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »
When Canada, France, Spain, and the UK become Muslim nations in the near future . . . abortions will be illegal.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:51:41 AM »
Well it's a frightening thought. Although the European countries have always had stricter abortion laws to begin with than Canada does, and certainly in France and the UK, immigrants do not assimilate as well. Hopefully this larger problem will be addressed in the near future so it may not come to that.

Taking Quebec as an example... it's still for the moment, a predominately catholic province, and yet, right to abortion laws have never been in question.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 07:57:31 AM »
people say 'its up to the woman' that a guy should never suggest abortion....forget that, if i dont want a baby with a girl...should that situation arise, i'll make that issue very clear, on the flipside, what if the guy wants the baby and the girl gets an abortion...can he have her charged?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:05:01 AM »
I need to do some work, but a quick response . . .

in our current polarized social climate, assimilation will become more and more difficult. as an unpopular and large minority, Muslims will gain from acting as a bloc when it comes to politics.  In another quarter century, the demographics of all the countries I mentioned will be very different. In the US, fundamental Islam will be held in check by a well-entrenched and popular fundamental Christianity . . . don't know if that's the best solution though.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
Probably many abortions happen because there is no guy, or he doesn't want the child. No, I don't think any law will ever be passed, wherein men will be able to force women to bear their children.  There was a case like that in Canada many years ago, and it turned into a nightmare.  The woman secretly went to the States to have the abortion. But I also don't think men should be forced to bear financial responsibility for a child he does not want.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 08:10:13 AM »

I have to go too, but will think on what you said...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 08:12:56 AM »

in our current polarized social climate, assimilation will become more and more difficult. as an unpopular and large minority, Muslims will gain from acting as a bloc when it comes to politics.  In another quarter century, the demographics of all the countries I mentioned will be very different. In the US, fundamental Islam will be held in check by a well-entrenched and popular fundamental Christianity . . . don't know if that's the best solution though.

speculation

odd...unrelated speculation

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 01:11:39 PM »
Being pregnant...I can say that I would NEVER have an abortion. 

But I also would NEVER take that right away from someone who would.  Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Atheist...it doesn't matter.  Why don't we pay attention to the poverty rates in the US, or the welfare cases, or the violent children which are products of single parent homes.  A girl who has no means of caring for her child and no significant other to support her should not have to go to extreme lengths to terminate her pregnancy.  Whats worst...terminating a fetus or having to deal with the death of a pregnant girl who felt she had no choice but a back alley coat hanger abortion.

Making abortion illegal wont increase the birth rate...it will, however, increase the rate of botch abortions.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 01:14:47 PM »
just wear the fucking condom...  although that's against your fucking religion too, isn't it?

(not that I have a problem with other people needing to go for an abortion.  I once had to sort one out for a girlfriend (who was catholic)  She left it till like 3 months.  When we got there she still wasn't ready and they had to strap her down and knock her out.  And when they let her wake up they induced a still birth (in the maternity ward).  It was dire. 

We were 15. 

I learned there and then.  Not a good idea. 

Choose a condom.  Or get married and have lots of gorgeous children.

xL

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

But I also would NEVER take that right away from someone who would.  Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Atheist...it doesn't matter.  Why don't we pay attention to the poverty rates in the US, or the welfare cases, or the violent children which are products of single parent homes.  A girl who has no means of caring for her child and no significant other to support her should not have to go to extreme lengths to terminate her pregnancy.  Whats worst...terminating a fetus or having to deal with the death of a pregnant girl who felt she had no choice but a back alley coat hanger abortion.

Making abortion illegal wont increase the birth rate...it will, however, increase the rate of botch abortions.

Wise words

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 01:31:34 PM »
ps:  they call it a termination here nowadays.  nice.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 01:45:37 PM »
there is a happy ending to my above story.  She had a fairly famous career as a pop star in Toronto and later married the guy (her childhood sweetheart).  I think they divorced after about 10 years, with no children (maybe she learned as much as she taught me), but anyways...

(that's also un-catholic, but hey, choose divorcetion, even if it's against your religion, & don't do an abortion

always carry those condoms.

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »

Or get married and have lots of gorgeous children.

xL

thats my plan!!  ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »
just wear the f*cking condom...  although that's against your f*cking religion too, isn't it?

who are you talking to?

I've never been pregnant but when Susan Sarandon was visibly pregnant she was a speaker at a Pro-Abortion rally.  I just thought that was really weird. :-\
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »
who are you talking to?

THE MEN ON THE GIRLY BORED.  AND MYSELF.

xxx

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »

I've never been pregnant but when Susan Sarandon was visibly pregnant she was a speaker at a Pro-Abortion rally.  I just thought that was really weird. :-\

I understand why it would look kind of ironic, but her situation is different than alot of the patients in the clinics having the abortions.  

I can only speak for myself on this subject because there are so many different situations and views on this matter.  I would not have an abortion because I have a very supportive family, a fiance (who is the father of my child), a college degree, the financial stability to raise a child comfortably, and the maturity to raise a happy, healthy, child.  There are some people who don't have the means to take on such a life-altering task...which is why they should have a choice.  

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »
people say 'its up to the woman' that a guy should never suggest abortion....forget that, if i dont want a baby with a girl...should that situation arise, i'll make that issue very clear, on the flipside, what if the guy wants the baby and the girl gets an abortion...can he have her charged?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »
...and it's up to the woman to do birth control (or not

choose