Author Topic: NBA free agency thread.  (Read 11298 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: NBA free agency thread.
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
Best opportunity to win titles = titles = more ways to make $$ = better shot at being a billionaire.

I think thats basically his agenda. He wants to be filthy rich. More power to him. I still will root against him and the heat, heavily.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
Gotta give props to Pat Riley.

I think the person who dropped the biggest F bomb today was probably Byron Scott. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
Gotta give props to Pat Riley.

I think the person who dropped the biggest F bomb today was probably Byron Scott. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :D
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 04:01:06 AM »
Lebron will NEVER win in Miami. How is this guy going to be able to play with two top all-stars who want the rock as much as him? Who is takin the last shot during crunch time? You can't compare the situation to the Celtics trio of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce. Those guys play as a TEAM.

Miami now is a team with three max contract guys and a bunch of fill-ins. They're probably going to get pick up tons of washed up former all-star free agents trying to piggyback for a shot at a ring. They just traded Beasley to Minnesota. I'm sure he's thrilled to be leaving South Beach for sunny, warm Minnesota. ;D

They'll be an interesting team to watch next season, that's for sure. How about the owner of the Cavs slamming Lebron right now in the press? Classic!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 05:52:56 AM »
Watching Lebron giving Cleveland a facial on live tv was priceless  ;D

RIP Bob Probert

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »
Why is the cleveland owner so hurt? maybe lebron should of told the guy about his decision before announcing it to the world, if anyone deserves to know before anyone else it had to be him...

bad luck, owners always trade players without regard so fuck it, business is business, very unprofessional what gilbert did, Lebron is a free agent he is allowed to go anywhere he like..

Look at all these selfish fuks in cleveland, its all about them, how bout how lebron feels, his the one that has to live with his decision, his the one that has to train everyday, his the one thats going to have bad knees at 31, im happy for the guy, making millions, driving lambos, fucking topshelf girls and playing in south beach...Congratulations Lebron, Cleveland was bringing you down, you put 7yrs in and they surrounded you with Mo williams, fat ass shaq and jamison lol...Best of luck in Miami Lebron, have a great time and enjoy yourself.

P.S that was awesome how he said "im taking my talents to south beach" every cav fan had a fucken coronary lol

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »
Gilbert's acting like a scorned 7-year-old girl that didn't get the pony she wanted for Christmas.

Maybe he should have assembled a better supporting cast for Lebron and then he would have stuck around. I think it was Bill Simmons that wrote a good article on how every championship team has at least 2 star players and that Cleveland would never win one because it was only Lebron carrying the load. Who did he have to step up in the playoffs besides himself? Couldn't rely on anyone and that's why it was smart to jump ship.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
Gilbert's acting like a scorned 7-year-old girl that didn't get the pony she wanted for Christmas.

Maybe he should have assembled a better supporting cast for Lebron and then he would have stuck around. I think it was Bill Simmons that wrote a good article on how every championship team has at least 2 star players and that Cleveland would never win one because it was only Lebron carrying the load. Who did he have to step up in the playoffs besides himself? Couldn't rely on anyone and that's why it was smart to jump ship.

I cannot stand Lebrick but Gilbert said that he Tanked games 2,4,5 and 6.  :o When someone accuses you of dogging it, dude should come back and play every game in Beastmode.  8)
D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 08:09:51 AM »
I cannot stand Lebrick but Gilbert said that he Tanked games 2,4,5 and 6.  :o When someone accuses you of dogging it, dude should come back and play every game in Beastmode.  8)

No doubt he'll do that....for Miami.  ;D

How quickly they forget that Cleveland was far and away the worst team in the NBA before Lebron got there.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »
No doubt he'll do that....for Miami.  ;D

How quickly they forget that Cleveland was far and away the worst team in the NBA before Lebron got there.

Who did they put around him?? Delonte West and all he did was get a cold sore from Lebrick's mom. I would like to see Lebrick get a ring or two but we shall see. Dan Gilbert released that shit in Anger and no man wants to be questioned about his manhood!! Hell, i type in Beastmode, drive, eat, take my dog out, pick my nose, scratch my ass all in Beastmode.  8)
D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 08:46:56 AM »
Lebron will NEVER win in Miami. How is this guy going to be able to play with two top all-stars who want the rock as much as him? Who is takin the last shot during crunch time? You can't compare the situation to the Celtics trio of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce. Those guys play as a TEAM.

Miami now is a team with three max contract guys and a bunch of fill-ins. They're probably going to get pick up tons of washed up former all-star free agents trying to piggyback for a shot at a ring. They just traded Beasley to Minnesota. I'm sure he's thrilled to be leaving South Beach for sunny, warm Minnesota. ;D

They'll be an interesting team to watch next season, that's for sure. How about the owner of the Cavs slamming Lebron right now in the press? Classic!

BOOM....
Thats what i said...You need a TEAM...not 3 dudes who play best with ball in hand. Bulls were great because PIP was awesome WITHOUT the ball..He made things happen. Worthy with the Lakers...Great Finisher and great without the ball..Lebron has to do his bull rush from the left side of the key to be effective....Wade..Well he is just awesome.. And Bosh Needs to be a total POST player...Enough wings on that team..He needs to be in the low post...of which he dosent want to be..

This team is nothing like the Celtics. HMMM Ray Allen dosent need to start the offense..he just needed to be in the right spots. The only people on that team who needed the ball was Peirce and Rondo..And Rondo passed

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
is this good for the nba?

i say no because now one team, the cavs are completely irrelevant and nobody will buy a ticket when they come to town

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »

And are again now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »
is this good for the nba?

i say no because now one team, the cavs are completely irrelevant and nobody will buy a ticket when they come to town

E

I think it's good.  The best years of the NBA were back when the league had star studded teams. 

On an unrelated note, Mike Miller is signing with Miami.  Dang. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
I think it's good.  The best years of the NBA were back when the league had star studded teams. 

On an unrelated note, Mike Miller is signing with Miami.  Dang. 

i don't see how having 2 or 3 super teams and 20 + bad teams can be a good thing for any league

people really have learned nothing from the nfl

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
i don't see how having 2 or 3 super teams and 20 + bad teams can be a good thing for any league

people really have learned nothing from the nfl

E

The proof is in the pudding.  People want to see superstars.  That's why the 80s were great.  That's why Jordan sold out opposing team's arenas.  That's why Shaq and Kobe sold out visiting arenas.  And that's why Miami will be a huge draw wherever they play. 

In both the NBA and the NFL, we've always had a handful of elite teams in any given year.  Plus, I don't think mediocrity sells very well. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
The proof is in the pudding.  People want to see superstars.  That's why the 80s were great.  That's why Jordan sold out opposing team's arenas.  That's why Shaq and Kobe sold out visiting arenas.  And that's why Miami will be a huge draw wherever they play. 

In both the NBA and the NFL, we've always had a handful of elite teams in any given year.  Plus, I don't think mediocrity sells very well. 

exactly people want to see superstars, i don't see how having a superstar on multiple teams instead of a few is a bad thing

cleveland now has zero, miami has 3 making another nba franchise irrelevant

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »
exactly people want to see superstars, i don't see how having a superstar on multiple teams instead of a few is a bad thing

cleveland now has zero, miami has 3 making another nba franchise irrelevant

E

I should clarify that they want to see superstars playing on great teams.  I think this explains why Bosh was one of the best kept secrets in the NBA.  He's a great player, but his team sucks, so nobody watched them (no national TV exposure, etc.). 

This Miami trio will create much more excitement and interest in the league than LeBron staying in Cleveland. 

I'm really looking forward to next season, with Boston, Orlando, Miami, LA, San Antonio, Chicago, etc.  Should be a great season. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
and now there is no reason to buy a ticket when toronto comes to town

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
and now there is no reason to buy a ticket when toronto comes to town

E

Nobody bought a ticket to see Toronto play.   :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
even less now

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
Nobody bought a ticket to see Toronto play.   :)

I wonder is Hedeo Turk thinks he can win a title in Toronto??  :o
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »
I wonder is Hedeo Turk thinks he can win a title in Toronto??  :o

Nope.  He asked out before Bosh left.  Trying to get traded.  Dummy.  Should have stayed in Orlando. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Nope.  He asked out before Bosh left.  Trying to get traded.  Dummy.  Should have stayed in Orlando. 

He did not even do anything in his first year there. what the hell??
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2010, 06:23:47 PM »
He did not even do anything in his first year there. what the hell??

maybe this never would've happened if your pistons weren't dumb enough to select darko over two of these guys ::)

E
E