Author Topic: whos he  (Read 6263 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: whos he
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
Young man needs a bigger chest...where are his back pics? This dude will be hyped up like all the rest---sell supp line, and then fade away. Doesn't have the "it" factor, only the "hype" factor.

As far as Russian "midgets", remember Alex Federov? He was no midget.
Recent memory, my friend. Besides, Federov was the ONLY Russian I can think of that wasnt a midget.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »
Technique and form is meaningless in bodybuilding.
a

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
Well, Ronnie Coleman---broke down and injured. Dorian Yates---broke down and injured. Cutler---mystery bicep "injury". Flex Wheeler---apparently tore muscles as well, early in his career. Branch Warren---effed up back, small forearms. Titus---torn pec. Toney Freeman---torn pec. Adornius Cherry---torn pec. Lee Priest---torn bicep. Chris Cormier---torn tricep. Melvin Anthony---torn tricep while doing tricep kickbacks. Kevin Levrone---tore tricep and lat while training for the O, also back injury.
And the list goes on.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
People get big that way, I laugh at people that think it's wrong to have bad form. Look at Jay's bent over rows, people laugh but he's Mr. O. I guarantee what he does builds more muscle then anything you suggest and you want to know why cause the mind-muscle connection and benefits don't come from the quality of your form but rather from the mental preparation leading up to a set, that is what makes a set destroy your muscles. So 3 inches or 2 feet, makes no difference whatsoever, when he leaves the gym his muscles will be destroyed and that's the bottom line.

So the smartest thing for him to do is whatever motivates him and what gives him that mental drive before a set and if that means knee raps and 3 inch range of motion then so be it. So it's not retarded and it's not BS as you put it, it works for him.

Always love that line.  It works because he pins himself more in a week than a room full of diabetics.

You guarantee he builds more muscle than I suggest because of some bullshit mind-muscle thing?  Now I have heard it all.  He builds all that muscle because.....((drum roll)) see my comment about 3 lines up. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
Young man needs a bigger chest...where are his back pics? This dude will be hyped up like all the rest---sell supp line, and then fade away. Doesn't have the "it" factor, only the "hype" factor.

As far as Russian "midgets", remember Alex Federov? He was no midget.
Fuck NO bro, this guy is legit brother, sick back, thick lower back, low insertion and super striated glutes, he is no hype, this guy is going straight to the top, he is 22 years old bro and he is already the size as the Olympia guys

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:44 PM »

are you saying that training is worthless and that it's all drugs?

or are you saying that training is important, but it's not required to use perfect form and technique, but rather to train very hard?

if you mean number 2, then i fully agree with you

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
are you saying that training is worthless and that it's all drugs?

or are you saying that training is important, but it's not required to use perfect form and technique, but rather to train very hard?

if you mean number 2, then i fully agree with you
Very well put please breach this, good form or bad form yield the exact same results.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
Very well put please breach this, good form or bad form yield the exact same results.

Prove it....

Even better, prove it without the use of drugs.  I am NOT anti drug, but you have to agree that drug use DOES allow you to get away with more things than not.  So I guess you are saying that I could use a 2" ROM on everything and it would do the exact same thing as a full range?  What about a 1" ROM?

In addition, there are numerous studies that show a tendon strength will increase to +/- 5deg of the utilitized ROM.  Thats why you see so many guys get BURIED when they attempt to get a tad lower on the leg press when they have "stacked it"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »
Prove it....

Even better, prove it without the use of drugs.  I am NOT anti drug, but you have to agree that drug use DOES allow you to get away with more things than not.  So I guess you are saying that I could use a 2" ROM on everything and it would do the exact same thing as a full range?  What about a 1" ROM?

In addition, there are numerous studies that show a tendon strength will increase to +/- 5deg of the utilitized ROM.  Thats why you see so many guys get BURIED when they attempt to get a tad lower on the leg press when they have "stacked it"
First of all I don't have to prove shit, it's not that important, second yes ^^^ any range yields the same results. The muscle grows with the slightest contraction, but there has to be a contraction, I don't think 1 inch is enough for a contraction. If you don't want to believe that then don't. As far as juice, you are right it is easier to get away with things.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 04:25:21 AM »
First of all I don't have to prove shit, it's not that important, second yes ^^^ any range yields the same results. The muscle grows with the slightest contraction, but there has to be a contraction, I don't think 1 inch is enough for a contraction. If you don't want to believe that then don't. As far as juice, you are right it is easier to get away with things.

it's all about fatiguing and overloading the muscle, and these 2 factors are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than form and range of motion

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 05:09:01 AM »
Again, then I would love to see how much the proponents of the "range of motion doesn't matter" just train using a 1" ROM for a month.  Then lets see you do a full ROM on that same exercise.  If it doesn't matter, then you should have no problem using the same weight.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
Again, then I would love to see how much the proponents of the "range of motion doesn't matter" just train using a 1" ROM for a month.  Then lets see you do a full ROM on that same exercise.  If it doesn't matter, then you should have no problem using the same weight.
Did you not read my post?........... 1 inch would not work cause there is not enough contraction, but 3 inch would work cause there is a contraction, so 3 inches or 12 inches all the same result but 1 inch, Cmon now don't play dumb.

it's all about fatiguing and overloading the muscle, and these 2 factors are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than form and range of motion
Bang on the money. The objection in the gym to maximize building muscle is to destroy all fast-twich muscle fibers, this is the only way to build muscle, if the fibers are destroyed the muscle will grow.

The body doesn't give a shit how they were destroyed, all it knows is "shit destroyed fibers, repair, repair, repair", simple mathematics, not rocket science people.
after an hour fibers are equally as destroyed using 3 inch range, 6 inch range or 24 inch range, it doesn't fucken matter AT ALL, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.