Author Topic: FRANK ZANE boycotted the Mr Olympia contest after the controversial 1980 contest  (Read 57953 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
The dates and numbers of oldmans post (this thread's post and others) don't make sense.  He cant easily prove me wrong by posting a single picture.
I have a picture of when he competed in Arizona on March 15, 2008 as he stated in one of his posts.

Looks like shit.

ukjeff

I read that ken waller was a bit of a hard guy..could look after himself.
He would have "gassed" in a fight, bodybuilders cant fight properly.

jwb

• Getbig V
pretty sure most of Waller's fights didn't last very long.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Bodybuilders of today sure, but back then (70's) bodybuilders were horses, also they use to run for cardio not like today's lazy bloated bodybuilders that walk on the tread mill for cardio, lol.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
so guys remember, I have to protect my identity, this is the internet.  that said, if you remember the magazine advertisements for the olympia, in 1980, as I recall Arnold was not on the poster.  I told a friend, he is going to surprise everyone and compete...and he did.

Zane had a theory that Arnold was the king and you would have to beat him, not just come in your best.  the judges see arnold as unbeatable, so someone would hae to destroy him.  we know that is not possible.  so arnold won, who else could.

its not anymore surprising than when franco won his height class with no legs, nobody quit over that.

nothen, if you are curious who I am...if you remember Lance Dreher, I live in the same state he lives in now.  If you dont know who he is, dont google him.  you are not a bodybuilding fan, just a poser.
I know Lance is from Illinois don't know if he still lives there!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
so guys remember, I have to protect my identity, this is the internet.  that said, if you remember the magazine advertisements for the olympia, in 1980, as I recall Arnold was not on the poster.  I told a friend, he is going to surprise everyone and compete...and he did.

Zane had a theory that Arnold was the king and you would have to beat him, not just come in your best.  the judges see arnold as unbeatable, so someone would hae to destroy him.  we know that is not possible.  so arnold won, who else could.

its not anymore surprising than when franco won his height class with no legs, nobody quit over that.

nothen, if you are curious who I am...if you remember Lance Dreher, I live in the same state he lives in now.  If you dont know who he is, dont google him.  you are not a bodybuilding fan, just a poser.
dreher had sick arms and forearms...good build,,

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit

Correct. In the late 80's and 90's Lance was a teacher in Naperville, Ill.

Excellent arms.  Strange structure, long torso, short legs. Excellent bodybuilder.
a

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
 8)
$

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
Arnold's abs were really on point for 1980...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Arnold's abs were really on point for 1980...
yes he had wide waist genetically but his abs and condition in his better bodyparts had a look they never had before,,,arnold never had sunken cheeks like this show due to the norm zane pioneered ,,,other's were ripped in that period too 77/80..but zane brought it a bit more to the contest stage,,,

wild willie

• Getbig V

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
If oldman states that he competed that day then like I said, based on what he has written then he is only describing Arnold. If he states that he was just backstage that day hanging out not in the contest then it could be any number of BB not worth mentioning about. hahaha I can't believe you guys actaully thing this 'oldman' is anyone important...show your face if you are.

Serge Nubret showed his face here...the greatest BB to ever post on getbig. RIP Serge.

KING Arnold the gig is up.
L

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1

Lance lives in Arizona, he does a fitness radio show there.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
 :)
a

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The dates and numbers of oldmans post (this thread's post and others) don't make sense.  He cant easily prove me wrong by posting a single picture.

if his stats on here are true, then he was a child of ten or 11 when 'Dont Make Waves' was filmed.   he says he was in great shape at the 80 O and that he retired after it, but doesn't say he competed in it.

quite certainly a serious bodybuilding fan, but probably nobody any of us (other than Vince) would have heard of.

especially considering the elementary diet questions he needed advices on in 2008

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
if his stats on here are true, then he was a child of ten or 11 when 'Dont Make Waves' was filmed.   he says he was in great shape at the 80 O and that he retired after it, but doesn't say he competed in it.

quite certainly a serious bodybuilding fan, but probably nobody any of us (other than Vince) would have heard of.

especially considering the elementary diet questions he needed advices on in 2008

My thoughts as well.
a

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Gh15 redux..   More Trolls here than in the Hobbit.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Vince = oldman.
a

jwb

• Getbig V
Vince = oldman.
account has been going since 2006 with pretty consistent info about this guy until he suddenly says he was at the 1980 Mr O.

From his posts he talks about being a stud with the milfs and hates gays to the point he has some latent issues in that department.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
account has been going since 2006 with pretty consistent info about this guy until he suddenly says he was at the 1980 Mr O.

From his posts he talks about being a stud with the milfs and hates gays to the point he has some latent issues in that department.

Amazing, how people will post things on this site, almost knowing they will get called on their lies.

I guess oldman = moosejay or suckmumuscle.
a

AVBG

Despite the revelations by oldman, certain things remain the same... Arnold will always prove to be Número uno, Frank Zane will remain to be a whiney bitch and Vince Basille will be the delusional old fart  :D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Despite the revelations by oldman, certain things remain the same... Arnold will always prove to be Número uno, Frank Zane will remain to be a whiney bitch and Vince Basille will be delusional ole fart  :D

hahahaha      and Mentzer went isane, Zane smashed his trophy, Coe turned in his IFBB card, etc.
a

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Despite the revelations by oldman, certain things remain the same... Arnold will always prove to be Número uno, Frank Zane will remain to be a whiney bitch and Vince Basille will be the delusional old fart  :D

LoL. AVBG was totally owned by me when we met a few years ago. The guy looked like a swimmer or a table tennis player!

Oldman is Waller. Can't be anyone else. He lives in Arizona and he was back stage at the Olympia because they had the athletes meeting there. Peter McCarthy was supposed to judge but got there late so Paul replaced him with Arnold's mate Brendan Ryan. He won a junior contest whereas Peter was several times Mr Australia and Mr Southern Hemisphere. Had Peter's score been used Arnold might not have won in 1980. I was talking to Peter and Frank Burwash when suddenly Peter found out the judges meeting was being held. He wasn't happy I can tell you because he wasn't informed about when it was supposed to be. Typical Paul Graham confusion.

You can see Pete in the photo where Mentzer is confronting Arnold. He has dark hair and is to the left of Mike's head. There is Waller next to Arnold.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Cumontaefuck, it canny be Waller. Oldguy says he is still in good shape whereas Waller is a wee ginger bawbag nowadays who couldnt get his hole in a brothel.

Figo

• Getbig V
Few inconsistencies in the story

maybe oldman is deliberately throwing people off

or he's talking shit