Author Topic: Tom Prince - Any updates?  (Read 19804 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Tom Prince - Any updates?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:54 AM »
The drug protocols taken by pro bodybuilders over a long span of time can impact on the body. Ray Mentzer was cavalier about so-called gonad stimulators. I remember one day I had a migraine headache but we were going out to dinner in LA. He told me to take two tablets that he gave me. I asked what they were and he wouldn't say but not to worry. I honestly don't like taking pills of any kind unless necessary. Anyway, I did try them and the headache vanished soon after. I could see how people would want medicine like that. The point is I believe Ray was somewhat foolish with his health. I think he needed pain killers, too, because he seemed to have a sore neck a lot. Could have been from doing those heavy, heavy squats and other heavy lifting.

No one on this site is qualified to say what caused or didn't cause various diseases and ailments. Clearly there is hardly any research done on what the pro bodybuilders are taking. Who knows what risks they are taking?

When I stayed at Ray's place in 1991 he said that a lot of the big guys were getting sick when approaching 300 pounds bodyweight. He, too, got ill and had to give up any idea of winning another top contest. Later we found out he had a kidney disease but apparently it was genetic. Bergers disease I think it was. Ray died in 2001 aged 47 and looking much older. He was on dialysis and that was a terrible way to go after being such a big and strong guy. Tom Prince seems to be faring somewhat like Ray did which is a real shame.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »
The drug protocols taken by pro bodybuilders over a long span of time can impact on the body. Ray Mentzer was cavalier about so-called gonad stimulators. I remember one day I had a migraine headache but we were going out to dinner in LA. He told me to take two tablets that he gave me. I asked what they were and he wouldn't say but not to worry. I honestly don't like taking pills of any kind unless necessary. Anyway, I did try them and the headache vanished soon after. I could see how people would want medicine like that. The point is I believe Ray was somewhat foolish with his health. I think he needed pain killers, too, because he seemed to have a sore neck a lot. Could have been from doing those heavy, heavy squats and other heavy lifting.

No one on this site is qualified to say what caused or didn't cause various diseases and ailments. Clearly there is hardly any research done on what the pro bodybuilders are taking. Who knows what risks they are taking?

When I stayed at Ray's place in 1991 he said that a lot of the big guys were getting sick when approaching 300 pounds bodyweight. He, too, got ill and had to give up any idea of winning another top contest. Later we found out he had a kidney disease but apparently it was genetic. Bergers disease I think it was. Ray died in 2001 aged 47 and looking much older. He was on dialysis and that was a terrible way to go after being such a big and strong guy. Tom Prince seems to be faring somewhat like Ray did which is a real shame.

just shut up with you long wind bag  diatribes.........such the typical old man that has SO much to say, and NO ONE that wants to hear his dated ramblings    ::) ::)

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Tom Prince UPDATE
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2010, 01:27:16 AM »
hahaha no. I work in the medical field.

and that makes you an expert on how steroids affect organ systems

i cant even list all the times mainstream medicine and well respected doctors have made ridiculous statements concerning PEDS.............the whole dialogue coming from mainstream medical community these days is laughable when it comes to this topic

cause their opinions don t come from a place of knowlege, or objectivity,............they come from a place of fear.........cause they know NOTHING about them, and fear things they dont understand

they just toe the party line, and push the fear agenda

its rally embarrassing, well educated doctors sounding like fearful superstitious tribal medicine men

, you work "in the medial community"........hwo does that give you any experience with steroids........cause like i said 99% of doctors in mainstram medicine know NOTHING about steroids

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2010, 01:39:38 AM »
Saw Tom at the gym the other day.  He was off season and bulking up.
Current weight: 167lbs.

Look for Tom at the 2011 Olympia show.  At this pace, Cutler and Heath better watch out!
N

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:55 AM »
I work in a pharmacy.

Painkillers are addictive. So many people try to buy them from me every day. Like a pack of 32 tabns each day.

Just another form of drug addiction.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2010, 04:24:38 AM »
I'm waiting for any Home Health Care Aids to chime in on this post.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2010, 04:46:33 AM »
I work in a pharmacy.

Painkillers are addictive. So many people try to buy them from me every day. Like a pack of 32 tabns each day.

Just another form of drug addiction.

Hey bro can you tell me what isle the doritos are on? thanks!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2010, 04:51:20 AM »
Why was Tom in so much pain?

Seriously, I have worked out continuously and have NEVER had any pain whatsoever.  What was wrong with him that he was in so much pain all the time and that he needed to take so many different drugs at high levels?

I really hope you answer this question.

TP trained extremely heavy, and was one of the strongest BBers I ever knew.  Some of the things he could do were truly eye opening. As a result of thst training over the years, he had a few surgeries along the way (both shoulders/ knee/ elbow) I guess like many others, you get used to taking pain killers to mask the pain and eventually, that can become a problem...

dustin

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »
LMFAO at Adonis comparing himself to Tom. Does it not go without saying that Tom was 100lbs heavier of muscle? Quite obvious that he lifts more and his damage is accelerated beyond the level of training this faggy wood elf who trains pitifully with his level 37 pumpkin haircut and +2 Walmart gym clothes.

Why all the stupid rhetoric from the peanut gallery? Still pissed that Tom uses painkillers as a cop out? In all fairness, he is the epitome of a drug abuser and he is quite aware. The dialisis and 12 year old female physique are surely a grim, daily reminder.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2010, 06:55:35 AM »
To all the Saints of Getbig:

So many people want to know the "why's and how's" of what happened with TP-- the intricacies and all of the variables within and outside of his current "condition..."

Yet one has to wonder "why" so many people are concerned? How is it that so many people here espouse vast amounts of intelligence on the knowledge of drug abuse?

I think it's just like anything else. People are always interested to know how someone dies or gets injured so that they can rationalize their own behaviour. It's the "this won't happen to me" (denial) syndrome.

We all know (without a doubt) that everyone on this board has some kind of a problem (or multiple problems) they would truly love to rectify. No homo. Restated: Many people continue with destructive behaviour regardless of the consequences.

Why single out one guy?

Why judge him?

Single out yourself, judge yourself. After this effort, you probably won't care so much about somebody else's "downfalls"

You remind me of the people at the scene of an accident. You all stand around talking, but nobody does anything to help.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
TP trained extremely heavy, and was one of the strongest BBers I ever knew.  Some of the things he could do were truly eye opening. As a result of thst training over the years, he had a few surgeries along the way (both shoulders/ knee/ elbow) I guess like many others, you get used to taking pain killers to mask the pain and eventually, that can become a problem...

While this post has merit, Chick conveniently dismisses the fact that Tom was a Nubain addict for quite a while. Tom was more than happy to engage in the insidious Venice lifestyle of drugs and whoring out his wife to the like of Cormier and others

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2010, 07:21:05 AM »
Why was Tom in so much pain?

maybe he took a brutal pounding in his G4P extracurricular activities?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2010, 07:26:09 AM »

Here's the full article about Tom, by Flex magazine in 2004 called "When the Posing Stops: Tom Prince's Kidney failed him, his heart didn't", which talks about his kidney failure and the end of his career.  I remember reading this when it first came out. Long time!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_3_22/ai_n6108163/?tag=content;col1

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2010, 07:29:45 AM »
LOL at TA claiming weight lifting can't cause chronic joint pain, been lifting for 9 years with a year break in the middle. I went the last 6 months with out a break lifting very heavy every workout every week, not Tom prince heavy but still more than 99% of the guys at the gym and just ran into really bad tendinitis in my elbows, one was so bad i thought it was torn or something. Needless to say I was taking pain killers almost every day just so I could lift, haven't done any pressing movements in three weeks because the pain got so bad in my left arm. Just started to come back around here in the last week.  

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
oh, so you're saying that their are more deserving people waiting for a kidney transplant?

does anyone remember that name of that show that came out on the discovery channel years back. It had titus and prince laughing and bragging about doing steroids?

haha I remember this show, Prince was going on how he could never diet or do bodybuilding natural and doesn't know how those guys can do it.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:46 AM »
Kidney damage can be done by any tablet you take with over use/ abuse. Steroids probably have fuckall to do with it unless he was tanning year round oral steroids but probably not

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
LOL at TA claiming weight lifting can't cause chronic joint pain, been lifting for 9 years with a year break in the middle. I went the last 6 months with out a break lifting very heavy every workout every week, not Tom prince heavy but still more than 99% of the guys at the gym and just ran into really bad tendinitis in my elbows, one was so bad i thought it was torn or something. Needless to say I was taking pain killers almost every day just so I could lift, haven't done any pressing movements in three weeks because the pain got so bad in my left arm. Just started to come back around here in the last week.  

Are you serious? Did he really say that??

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Here's the full article about Tom, by Flex magazine in 2004 called "When the Posing Stops: Tom Prince's Kidney failed him, his heart didn't", which talks about his kidney failure and the end of his career.  I remember reading this when it first came out. Long time!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_3_22/ai_n6108163/?tag=content;col1

says in the article his kidneys function at 90%........thats actually not that bad

is this true

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
Are you serious? Did he really say that??
Nope never said that.  I just said I never experienced it and I have been lifting for about 13 years straight now with no break longer than 5-6 days every 5-6 months or so.  I have gone to failure every single time just about and as heavy as I could possibly go each time.  No injuries, No pain, nothing ever.  Even when I was heavy for 3 years of Permabulking I had no issues whatsoever.

I guess thats superior genetics in some respect.  ;)

Others on here may not be so lucky, but if you are truly lifetime Natural and don`t do anything too stuipid, you won`t have one single issue.

Prince fucked himself with the roids with roid related injuries destroying his tendons etc....and then used every pain drug under the sun which in turn developed into addiction.  All this while completely deluded about his true self-image (used to walk around telling everyone there is no way he would be under 230 lbs and ripped, drug free)

Too bad he had to learn the hard way.

dustin

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
Nope never said that.  I just said I never experienced it and I have been lifting for about 13 years straight now with no break longer than 5-6 days every 5-6 months or so.  I have gone to failure every single time just about and as heavy as I could possibly go each time.  No injuries, No pain, nothing ever.  Even when I was heavy for 3 years of Permabulking I had no issues whatsoever.

I guess thats superior genetics in some respect.  ;)

Others on here may not be so lucky, but if you are truly lifetime Natural and don`t do anything too stuipid, you won`t have one single issue.

Prince fucked himself with the roids with roid related injuries destroying his tendons etc....and then used every pain drug under the sun which in turn developed into addiction.  All this while completely deluded about his true self-image (used to walk around telling everyone there is no way he would be under 230 lbs and ripped, drug free)

Too bad he had to learn the hard way.

Too bad not everyone is a fearless and ferocious lion like you, Adam. ::)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
Ive had disc replacement at three levels, original problem started whilst playing football compression injuries from tackling and bodybuilding training compounded it. I used pain killers a lot during my pre and post operation period. My blood work never looked as bad when i was competing as when i was on pain killers both my liver and kidney count were way out worse than when i had competed and been on anapolan for sometime, if that gives you some insight into painkillers and the damage they could cause.

However i can totally understand a situation where both aas and meds were taken at the same time over long periods of time would be disastrous, then add in diuretics and there my friends you have a Tom Prince type situation more likely and kidney failure, I donnot think AAS use alone will cause issues in normal situations but combined use with pain meds and diuretics over a period in time will defiantly test your bodies resolve.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
im curious how he looks right now body wise.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »
im curious how he looks right now body wise.

Dustin said it best......like a 12 year old girl.  LMAO!  It's pathetic what pro bodybuilders do to their health.  If you think Tom Prince is an isolated case you are mistaken.  And I can guarantee you guys like Chick are on a medicine cabinet full of drugs just to stay healthy.  I'm sure his thyroid is shot, his balls don't produce test anymore and his hair has been replaced by plugs.  Such is the life to be "big".  It's very easy to hide health problems, especially chronic ones nowadays.  And I love how it's always some rare disease that gets these guys.  For Arnold it was a "cogenital" defective heart valve as if none of his steroid use and abuse which probably started in his teens had anything to do with it. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2010, 03:48:51 PM »
Dustin said it best......like a 12 year old girl.  LMAO!  It's pathetic what pro bodybuilders do to their health.  If you think Tom Prince is an isolated case you are mistaken.  And I can guarantee you guys like Chick are on a medicine cabinet full of drugs just to stay healthy.  I'm sure his thyroid is shot, his balls don't produce test anymore and his hair has been replaced by plugs.  Such is the life to be "big".  It's very easy to hide health problems, especially chronic ones nowadays.  And I love how it's always some rare disease that gets these guys.  For Arnold it was a "cogenital" defective heart valve as if none of his steroid use and abuse which probably started in his teens had anything to do with it. 

LOL...dont forget the wooden leg, Jarvik-7 and penis pump!!

Thankfully, I dont have a medicine cabinet full of anything....as for the hair....100% real, Bill Bromanski.

Speaking of Hair...I've got a great business meeting coming up you guys will looooooooove!  Details coming soon...

Keep up the bad work...

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
His stance hasn't changed, and Tom has mentioned taking NUMEROUS pain killers, not just advil as the fucktards here would have anyone believe...

Curious as to whether you guys knew about the nubain and other painkiller abuse?  Didn't you guys train together?  It would seem easy to tell if someone was messed up.  Did anyone try to talk to him?

I think as far as TA not understanding the pain, part of it was in another of your posts regarding the surgeries.  That's how the addiction starts for many.  They HAD a legitimate need, but the amount to kill the pain kept progressing and then it became the only way to feel normal.  Also, consider that he was walking around at a hard 300 lbs for pete sake.

I never knew he needed a transplant.  Sorry to hear that, and hope he gets one soon.  I was always under the impression that it was a lesson learned to never play with fire again, and that was why he got outta the game.