Author Topic: PRE-EXHAUST PRINCIPLE  (Read 7827 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: PRE-EXHAUST PRINCIPLE
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 02:54:58 PM »
Pre-ex theory sounds very logically. Tried it, especially for quads and pecs it gave an incredible DOMS.
Still I am not sure, don't know why.
Maybe I should devote a full 6 months to it.

I believe that there's no direct relation between hypertrophy & pain afterwards. I would suggest to measure them before & after ("meetuh is weetuh")

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
"Pain" does not alway denote a "good" workout. Nor does the scale.

The best indicator seems to remain the mirror.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
I believe that there's no direct relation between hypertrophy & pain afterwards. I would suggest to measure them before & after ("meetuh is weetuh")
You are right I guess....but when I think I trained really hard, I do have more DOMS.
I know the research and stuff, but a heavy training results in more DOMS for me, period.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
You are right I guess....but when I think I trained really hard, I do have more DOMS.
I know the research and stuff, but a heavy training results in more DOMS for me, period.

I hear you, but it sounds like pain is your end goal.

Other than that, I can train to failure on machines and feel nothing the next day, and do the same with free weights and feel sore for a week, but again, that's no guarantee for more strength or hypertrophy.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
I hear you, but it sounds like pain is your end goal.

Other than that, I can train to failure on machines and feel nothing the next day, and do the same with free weights and feel sore for a week, but again, that's no guarantee for more strength or hypertrophy.
Pain is not the end goal, but working hard (including PB's) gives me more DOMS....sorry.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
Pain is not the end goal, but working hard (including PB's) gives me more DOMS....sorry.

I fully understand that, and I think that most experienced lifters share the same experience. It's easy explainable since it results in more microfibrillar damage and more lactic acids.