Author Topic: Honeymoon No3 (Walking with Lions pics attached)  (Read 2230 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Honeymoon No3 (Walking with Lions pics attached)
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
Just some pictures regarding our experience with we had yesterday with walking the lions.
All in all and I know I have said this before, I felt like I betrayed my own principles, the lions were not there to grow up to be released back into the wild but to be entertaining for the tourists, If I would have known in advance I would have not done it.
However, and leaving alone the fact that the "trainers" have to be quite rough with them at times, they have a huge area to play out their dominance, it's a lot better than I have seen in many zoos.

At the end when one of the trainers made the female and the male lion pose for some other couple that came with us on the walk and the male lion looked down and not up into the camera and the trainer who took the photo slightly kicked him in the chin to look up I finally had enough (I just have a temper and I hate I absolutely hate when animals are mistreated) so I had quite a meltdown with he guys who could hardly speak English and who kept smiling and assuring me that everything was just right.
It was mostly embarrassing for the other couple and my wife but just cannot tolerate certain behaviour and I think a real man says what he wants and thinks.

So when we were back from our walk and the "white" owner if the business (he was from south Africa and looked like an older version of Crocodile Steven) asked us how it was I didn't complain and hope instead that the guys who "train" these animals don't use their feet.

I'm not a delusional PETA idiot who thinks live is an endless Disney movie,  but I have been working with animals for quite some time and I still believe there are certain animals that should not be trained but left as their are.

I asked them how they going to run the business in the future, obviously their lions are growing fast and as you guys can see from the pictures they are already quite big and only 18 month old.
The answer was that they will change the advertisement picture and make a movie assuring people that they have nothing to fear, but anybody who has a slight understanding of Apex predators knows that you can never ever really tame them, one wrong day and moment and they go out and kick somebodies ass.
So i wait for the day when I read in the news that some tourist or trainer has been killed in Mauritius.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Honeymoon No3 (Walking with Lions pics attached)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »
Some more pictures...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »
and some more...

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »
fence please...

here kitty kitty kitty ;D
tank u jesus

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »

"..dude, lower your voice. You know you can't talk like that once the LION is here! "
?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:19:16 PM »
Nice photos, plus Stark shows his compassionate side!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »
Nice photos, plus Stark shows his compassionate side!

This is one of the many things my wife and me have in common, we both love to interact with animals, that was one thing I hate about my ex, she couldn't give a fuck about any animal, but it's so much fun to learn and to share experience.
For example we both love to look at different dogs and find funny cute things about them.

I always had a deep passion about wild live it's very fascinating.
And again it comes down to the little things, I can get so much pleasure out of watching a little bird and how they behave.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 05:01:19 AM »
Awesome pictures   i love animals as well

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 05:13:47 AM »
I love animals as well.

Just  WHAT is the mentality of those who hunt and kill animals?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 05:27:56 AM »
I love animals as well.

Just  WHAT is the mentality of those who hunt and kill animals?

I'm not a hunter either.  But if you ate chicken or beef yesterday, you did perpetuate the cycle of killing animals for consumption.  You just paid someone else to do it :)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »
In the first pic it looks like the ranger is trying to put the stick up the lion's hole

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 06:11:50 AM »
I'm not a hunter either.  But if you ate chicken or beef yesterday, you did perpetuate the cycle of killing animals for consumption.  You just paid someone else to do it :)

You missunderstood me, I learned in my work in the zoo fast that some animals need to die for others to life, but I do believe there is no room
for cruelty, killing for food and being cruel  are two different things all together.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 06:13:33 AM »
You missunderstood me, I learned in my work in the zoo fast that some animals need to die for others to life, but I do believe there is no room
for cruelty, killing for food and being cruel  are two different things all together.

Good call.  Congrats on getting married.  There are now 3 billion vaginas in the world that you will never see again :)

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »
ditto for me stark we have three  well behaved cats. they bring lots of life to the house to the house.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 06:20:40 AM »

agreed!!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »

Probably the best thing you've ever written. I agree.
O

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »
Are you posting on getbig during your honeymoon?

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »

theres game and production, then theres 'sport' hunting.. sport hunting is for southern oil tycoons imo.. rednecks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »
Are you posting on getbig during your honeymoon?

Even I was able to resist getbig for 4 straight days when I got my balls clipped married.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:05:11 AM »
the trainer who took the photo slightly kicked him in the chin
Sooner or later,this guy will end up on the menu!!  :)

PRO Chemical

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »
FUCK A DUCK AND TRY TO FLY !!!!!!!!