Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 431441 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #2300 on: March 26, 2024, 05:29:08 AM »
One of those rare nights I slept all night with zero nightmares. 

Leg day:  It was both a great workout and hard to the core. No warm ups shown.  For example for the leg press I walked at 3.8 MPH for a quarter mile on the treadmill to wake up. I do early morning workouts when I have work. Then two sets with a non taxing weight in the leg press. For machine squats I was thoroughly warmed up so I did none.

Leg press 1 x 13 (four plates a side. I know guys will say that's nothing but the picture below is about how deep I go)
Machine squat 1x11 (two plates a side and I go rock bottom)
Dumbbell lunges 1 x 10 ( only used 60lbs but I felt it)
Stiff dead on a platform 1 x 8  205lbs(felt like I was hit with a baseball bat at this point)
leg extensions 1 x 26
Seated leg curl 1 x 17

Hanging leg raise 1 x 27
Hip ups 1 x 34 (On back legs toward ceiling raising the hips like I'm punching the ceiling with my feet)

Standing calf raise 1x21 185lbs
Seated calf raise 1 x 20  90lbs
Leg press calf 1 x 25  two plates a side
tibalis work 1 x 21

Four way neck 1 x 35 a side.

Now off to work.  I'm a big fan of Fairlife protein sold in Bj's and Costco.  30g of protein with truly zero lactose. No stomach upset what so ever. No protein farts.  The taste is off the charts good. You will not find a protein powder that can come close in taste. Expensive but I only use it after weight workouts.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2301 on: March 26, 2024, 07:01:12 AM »
good stuff rich,,,,good workouts,post a pic fairlife bottle

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2302 on: March 26, 2024, 05:12:51 PM »
good stuff rich,,,,good workouts,post a pic fairlife bottle
I think sold in a 12 pack at BJ's and maybe an 18 pack at Costco. Do not order it off Amazon. Rip off prices. Fairlife is a major seller of lactose free milk. As you know supplements are not regulated. I have had plenty of protein powder that says lactose free and my stomach says they are liars. Zero stomach issues with this stuff. 30G in a tiny bottle.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2303 on: March 26, 2024, 07:02:02 PM »
I think sold in a 12 pack at BJ's and maybe an 18 pack at Costco. Do not order it off Amazon. Rip off prices. Fairlife is a major seller of lactose free milk. As you know supplements are not regulated. I have had plenty of protein powder that says lactose free and my stomach says they are liars. Zero stomach issues with this stuff. 30G in a tiny bottle.
Thanks

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2304 on: March 27, 2024, 04:39:27 AM »
Thanks

Still vacation by me or have you moved onto Aruba?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2305 on: March 27, 2024, 09:17:48 AM »
Felt exhausted today. Yesterday I worked legs hard. Then went to work where I'm on my feet a lot. After work I had went to a party for my son from Colorado who is over visiting. I did a short cardio session of a slow 9 minute something mile then hit the bag.  Disgusted that I only ran a mile but sometimes it's not there. I hope this week I will get a 5 milers in to blow the cob webs off my cardio system. Tomorrow is back day.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2306 on: March 27, 2024, 09:30:12 AM »
What do you have nightmares about?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2307 on: March 27, 2024, 11:13:03 AM »
Still vacation by me or have you moved onto Aruba?
lol aruba last week may into june 7 days ohhhhh...then aug 10-17 lavalette,good customer mine 2500.00 on the bay by the lavalette tower cove there beautiful place ...can't wait.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2308 on: March 27, 2024, 05:32:53 PM »
lol aruba last week may into june 7 days ohhhhh...then aug 10-17 lavalette,good customer mine 2500.00 on the bay by the lavalette tower cove there beautiful place ...can't wait.

I know you don't want to interrupt your vacation time but if you want to meet for a hello let me know. You're one of the few I would meet from this board, lol. I'm less than 20 minutes away.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2309 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:55 AM »
I know you don't want to interrupt your vacation time but if you want to meet for a hello let me know. You're one of the few I would meet from this board, lol. I'm less than 20 minutes away.
ABSOLUTLEY I WILL LET U KNOW ....IM IN TOWN

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2310 on: March 28, 2024, 03:26:25 PM »
Back day:  Ugh, very busy with my son visiting from Colorado.  All good stuff but I'm shot. Party at my house for him. Party at my daughter's house for him. Last night was out at beautiful Bayside bar/restaurant.  I'm a little liquored out.  No warm ups shown. I did them if I needed them. Most often no warm up sets. Up the weight in almost everything here. Maybe too much. I feel ill, lol.

Medium grip pulldown 1x11 (Used a M.A.G. bar. Great bar for pulldowns)
Seated lat row with a V shaped handle 1 x 14
One arm dumbbell row with knee and hand on bench 1 x 12
Narrow pulldown with a M.A.G bar  1 x 10
deadlift 1x6 (Ever since I got sick, I've been weak with these. Maybe it's just the running. Maybe I'm just old)
Weighted back hyper extensions 1 x 21 (If you have a choice in your gym always pick the old fashion horizontal hyper bench. The new 45 degree ones have no resistance at the top of the movement.)

Leg kick back machine 1 x 14 ( I know this should be grouped with legs but it hits the glute hard so I threw it in here.)

Ab wheel 1 x 28
Pulley ab crunch 1 x 50

Deadlifts for reps to failure just suck. I just watched a video of a capitulation of guys passing out deadlifting. It was both funny and disturbing as some banged their head on mental objects. I always clear the area so hopefully I won't bang my head if I pass out. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2311 on: March 29, 2024, 12:40:39 PM »
Delt and Tricep day: Last weight workout of the week. One set to failure and used warm ups as needed. Most of the time no warm up set.  I did the press behind the neck for many decades. Contrary to the belief that they are bad for the shoulders, I think they are good for them. The problems occurs when you don't have the flexibility to do these.  Prime example was me today. I really tried to do them but with the two warm ups I realized my shoulders were so tight it was risky so I stopped after the two warmup. Think about Olympic lifters. The put the bar on the shoulders behind the neck then jerk it up as they drop down into snatch squat with the bar over head. They have plenty of flexibility to do the movement.

Standing dumbbell press 1 x 10
Dumbbell delt laterals 1 x 20 (Sometimes when doing one set to failure I pick a weight where I will fail at a high rep count. It's safer than picking heavy dumbbells and grinding out 8 reps at this age.
Dumbbell rear delt laterals standing bend over 1 x 17
Single arm delt laterals with a pulley using a D shaped handle 1 x 10
Barbell shrug 1 x 14

Traditional tricep push downs on the pulley machine 1 x 13
Seated EZ bar tricep extensions behind the head leaning back against a scott curl pad turned around 1 x 9
Single dumbbell with single hand tricep extensions starting behind the head 1 x 12
Weighted dips 1 x 11

Weighted crunches 1 x 50
Pulley crunches 1 x 60
Decline crunches 1 x 40  ( I lean back where I feel the tension and do very short rocking motion reps.)

Finished with  some shoulder rehab stuff after that I don't really consider part of my lifting routine.

Good week of lifting with lousy cardio for the week but the week isn't over. Hope to run tomorrow. I just read a serious study about predictors of heart attacks. I wish I book marked it. Their conclusion the best predictor of a heart attack is poor cardio vascular exercise tolerance. To put in in simple terms they tested almost 800 people and got a value of their aerobic fitness on a treadmill. The poorest fitness levels had the most heart attacks. I can't find the study but here are some other ones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2821586/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1108396

Anyway no method to preventing heart attacks is a cure all. Aerobic exercise has prevented more heart attacks than it has caused. If you're old like me get a cardiac exam that includes an ekg while on a treadmill. Many heart problems won't show up until under  the load of cardio. So a resting EKG can come up normal lying on a table and while walking on an incline at a cardiologist office it could go hay wire.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2312 on: March 30, 2024, 12:02:30 PM »
Ran 2.57 miles on the Lavalette boardwalk. It's an out and back route.  Ran like a slug with my knee hurting. I rarely have knee problems, WTF?  I clearly have to do more road work once this knee clears up.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2313 on: April 04, 2024, 09:58:03 AM »
Neglecting this training log again.  Today was chest and arms. I keep talking about going to volume but every time I do I can't stand repeating an exercise over and over again. I might pick an exercise and do 4 sets of 8 reps. The first set I stop at 8 reps and feel like I'm wasting my time. Same with the second and third though I'm getting tired. Last set I will fail at 7 reps. Makes me wonder why I bothered with the previous sets since they weren't to failure? If anyone says they did 4 sets of 8 reps and every set was failure they are delusional. If you truly did your first set of 8 to failure you would fail at say 7 reps the next set and maybe 5 on the third and so on. What they are actually doing is something like this. First set is 8 but could have gotten 10. Next set is 8 but could have got 9. Third set is 8 and it's a true failure set. Last set is 6 reps.

Chest and arms: No warms are listed. I did them if I needed them. Most exercises have no warm ups. The previous exercise for the body part served as a warm up for most exercises.

Bench with a barbell 2 x 6 then 1x1 (I have a love/hate with this exercise. I blame it for my bad shoulders. I rarely bench anymore because it usually results in screaming shoulders. Look at all the pro bodybuilders with bad shoulders. I went light and strict. I felt it. So out of the grove with these. In my younger days I always went up to 275lbs plus on my last set. Now it's embarrassing but I'm working on it. 

Incline barbell 2 x 6 (I use safety spotting racks for both the bench and inclines. My wife got me them about 40 years ago. They have saved me a couple of times.)

Decline Dumbbell 2 x 8 (I was really weak after the two other pressing movements. I used a lighter weight than normal.)

Flat flies 2 x 10

Triceps pushdows with a upside down V handle 2x12

EZ bar french press seated leaning against a scott bench that's turned around 3 x 8 (did an extra set. Why? I don't know, lol)

Single dumbbell tricep behind the head 2 x 12

Rope pushdowns 2 x 10

Barbell curl 2 x 10 (Using a new philosophy.  I used lighter weight than normal but I did the reps stricter and I normally do my reps strict with a full range of motion. I think I might be on to something. As we fight to increase weight we sometimes do stuff to make the reps like speed the reps up and shifting the body slightly. I used a moderate weight but smoothly did the reps without any back lean. I felt it all in the biceps. I'm lifting lately in my basement. No one to impress with the weight used, lol)

Alternate dumbbell curl 2 x 8 ( Used a lighter weight with the same reasons as above. I think I'm on to something. I usually use 45lbs and I felt I was really good about the form. This time I used the 40lbs and I think I felt it all on the biceps.)

Dumbbell two hand drag curl 2x12 ( I lean against the wall with my feet forward and elbows back)

Concentration curl 2 x 12 (I used my usual weight lately but in the theme of things for the second set I used a lighter dumbbell and I repped out. Felt good.)

Wrist curl 2 x 25 (Keeping with the theme of using a lighter weight but stricter reps I went down in weight)
Wrist extensions 2 x 20

Incline sit ups 1 x 30
Incline Leg raises 1 x 18
Ivanko gripper 2 x 20

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2314 on: April 05, 2024, 11:44:12 AM »
Day off from lifting. Warmed up slow running a quarter mile then ran 5.16 miles. After that I did 4x 110 yard strides. Not quite sprints but pretty close. The Garmin watch said 792 calories just for the 5.16 run.  Then hit the heavy bag for two rounds. Burned around 1000 calories today. Hopefully I will eat 500 less calories than I did yesterday for a nice deficit.

Tomorrow is leg day. Going to avoid the big heavy movements for awhile. My knee bugged me a little on the run and my hip felt pretty good. I don't want to back slide and inflame those joints by doing heavy leg presses and machine squats. Don't know yet but I think my compound movements will be something like Goblet squats and free hand squats. Just want the joints to settle down. I know if I piled on the plates with the leg press and squat machine it will aggravate.  I shall return to them but giving myself a break for a week or two.

Something feels really good getting outside and doing some exercise.  Leaves me in better spirits even though I'm completely spent.  Running takes me back to high school, college and Fort Dix military base. At Fort Dix they had basic training at the time and a one mile track. My Outfit used to lap the recruits running on the track and their Sgt use to get pissed asking us not to use the track when he had recruits on it because it was demoralizing to them. Fuck, tell those pukes to get in better shape.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #2315 on: April 05, 2024, 12:41:44 PM »
Hope you didn't get any damage from the earth shake (as my co-worker calls them) in NJ today. Here in NC we got minor 2 earth shakes this week.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2316 on: April 05, 2024, 01:27:44 PM »
Hope you didn't get any damage from the earth shake (as my co-worker calls them) in NJ today. Here in NC we got minor 2 earth shakes this week.

My house rattled and I heard some metal clanging outside my house. Over with in under 15 seconds about. Glad I wasn't doing something like a power clean at the time.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2317 on: April 08, 2024, 01:23:51 PM »
I did a full body routine today. I stand by my assertion that it’s the hardest way to train.  No warm ups shown.  Typing this at work.  I’m shot. 

Power cleans 3x3 then 1x1

Squats 2x8 then 1x1
Standing leg curls 2x12

Barbell bench press 2x6 then 1x1
Flat flies 2x 15

Pull ups 2x max
Seated cable rows 2x12

Press behind the neck 2x6 Haven’t done these in ages.  My theory is that they are actually good for your shoulders.  It’s the lack of flexibility that makes the exercise dangerous. I did these full range for the two sets. Started with the bar on the traps.
Dumbbell delt laterals 2x15

Traditional triceps push downs 2x12
Alternate dumbbell curls 2x 10

Leg press calf press 2x20
Tibialis 1x20

Weighted back hyper extensions 2x15

Incline sit-ups 1x20
Incline leg raises. 1x15

4 way neck machine 2x30 a side

Ivanko gripper 2x20

Tired just typing this. My method is to figure out a goal weight then back off that weight for six workouts. Let’s say my goal weight for something was 100lbs. Workout one would find me using 75lbs. I wouldn’t increase the reps unless I felt I messed up on the weight selection very badly then I will rep out. So workout one is 75lbs and workout two will be 80lbs. In six workouts the goal should be hit, hopefully.  So the first few workouts are no where near failure but I still feel it.

I really don’t know how the stars of the day in the 50’s trained with whole body routines.  Just a brutal way to train. The best thing about whole body training is when you train you are completely done. We have all have done splits where life gets in the way. Nothing stinks more than getting say a good chest and bicep workout then the then next day that suppose to be a back and bicep doesn't happen for three days. Maybe one day was over time at work and the next maybe your kid's soccer game. Then the day after you are exhausted and skip it. Of course I will still do splits but what satisfaction it is to have it all done in one shot.

Optimally it's best to do it three days a week but two is still fantastic. Hell even one will hold you over if disaster strikes.  It also gives you time to dedicate time to another sport like Jui jitsu or something like running. If you have a real career, family, have a long work commute and other commitments how can you have time for 2 hour daily split weight workouts?  I think for a high percentage  of guys a whole body routine has the answers.  Tommy Kono who was a good bodybuilder and a hall of fame Olympic lifter was a big proponent of training three days a week. I know today's elite Olympic lifters are usually training 5 to 6 days a week.

One thing that really gets me pissed off when people say it's a beginner routine. Nope, it's the absolute hardest way to train. Splits are easier.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2318 on: April 10, 2024, 09:30:17 AM »
Whole body routine again. I did the same as the last post but heavier.

Cleans 3 x 3 then 1 x 1

Barbell squats 2 x 8 then 1 x 1
Standing leg curl 2x12 (Something about standing leg curls that feels great. Maybe it just feels like a more natural movement to me than lying or seated leg curls.  Don't get me wrong. All the variations are good)

Barbell bench press 2 x 6 then 1x1  (Since I have only benched with a bar probably 10 times in the last ten years it feels awkward to me. I usually use dumbbells. So far the shoulder is holding up.)
Flat flies 2 x 15 (I hear so many in videos and print saying these are bad for the shoulders. I feel a slight strain but I think the flat barbell bench is worse for the shoulders. One thing for sure is that the decline press is the safest for the shoulder pec tie in.)

Pull up 2 x max (I do plenty of rest pause with these. Hit the max then after a short rest get 2 more.
Seated lat pulley row 2 x 12 (Using a wider handle than my typical V shaped handle.)

Press behind the neck 2 x 6 (I said last time that I thought the danger with these are doing them with inflexible tight shoulders. I should look in a mirror because my shoulders hurt this time. I think I'm using dumbbells next time.)
Dumbbell delt laterals standing 2 x 15

Upside down V handle tricep push downs 2x12
Alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 10 (superset with the above tricep exercise)

Leg press calf 2 x 25 (These burn)

Weighted Hyper extension 2 x15

Incline sit ups 1x max
Leg raise 1 x max

Four way next 2 x 30 a side

Ivanko gripper 2 x 20

Finished with rehab type stuff for the the hip. I did abduction and adduction. Also threw in knee raises with monkey feet attached to a dumbbell.

Completely shot now. I was thinking about training for aging athletes. I remember Bill Pearl saying when he hit 55 he stopped caring about the weight used and he stopped hot dogging. Hot dogging was the phrase he wrote to me when describing showing off in the gym.

As you age you have to discard exercises that served you so well in your youth but are damaging now. For example if barbell shrugs are giving you shooting nerve pain down your arms now that you're aging you have a choice. Discard it. Use a lighter weight and a slow smooth cadence to see if that will fix the problem.  That goes with a host of exercises. Skull crushers hurt your elbow then get rid of it. There are so many exercises. No rule says you have to barbell squat, deadlift or anything else. If you can't run then walk fast. Can't walk without pain then bike.

The theme of doing what's good for your particular circumstances can be seen with super stars.  Serge Nubret and Mr Universe Wilf Sylvester both used no weight squats in their routines. Wilf use to use the typical barbell squat, hack, leg extension and leg curl.  For the Universe he switched to no weight squats as in calisthenics along with leg extensions and leg curls. He said he did 400 reps but never described how many sets. Serge used them too.  Try them sometime before you dismiss them. Don't flop into the negative and sink really deep. Use the negative. I bet after 50 reps your thighs will be on fire and your thighs will be pumped. 

Regarding reps some say an aging athlete should use high reps. Pearl said low reps as in 6-10.  I have no concrete opinion on this. Many believe an old guy should be using high reps. I don't know. From personal experience I hate doing high reps.

In the end we all know the big fat old guy doing the 600lbs deadlifts or the little skinny 68 year old that runs like a deer. They are the exceptions and the rarified percentage of aging athletes that do remarkable things. For the majority of us that won't apply but you can be the best version of yourself for your age. My goal is to run a local 5K and win my age bracket of 60-69 that they have. I like in the big races that have the age bracket of 65-70.  Those 60 year old kids are fast. I want them out of my bracket, lol. Since I'm a hybrid athlete splitting my time with running and lifting I'm not good at either, LOL. 

Till next time my one reader, LOL.  Going to the mall to buy a pair of trousers.  Been wearing the same dress pants when the need arises forever. They are showing wear. 

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #2319 on: April 10, 2024, 12:27:15 PM »
Keep it up OT and don't be afraid to back off and use lighter weights when it comes to full body's.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2320 on: April 10, 2024, 01:35:17 PM »
Keep it up OT and don't be afraid to back off and use lighter weights when it comes to full body's.

I am but increasing each workout. It's really great doing an exercise three days a week. I find I get strong quicker than the usual once a week. Just ask your self a question. If you wanted to get stronger in pull ups would you do them once a week or three times a week? I also see this especially with power cleans. Doing them once a week doesn't advance my progress like doing them three times a week. The power cleans flew up today on Wednesday having done them on Monday.  Can't wait for Friday's workout. Don't get me wrong. Once a week training is great especially with over lap stimulation but nothing compares to doing the same exercise three days a week for quick strength gains. It's also great knowing tomorrow I'm doing absolutely nothing but recovering from today's workout.

Just came back from a Bayside restaurant near my house with the wife. Pre summer it was practically empty. It has an inside restaurant and big outside bar. Beautiful views and great food. During the summer it will be packed to unbelievable capacity with rich NY people pulling up in their expensive boats dropping anchor while the Restaurants ferry's platoon boat scoops them up to come to the place as the band turns their amps up to 11.  No band today. Just a gorgeous nice girl waitress telling us about her life. It was a perfect place to be after the workout.

Wife is playing the Mamas and the Papas on a nice Bose speaker in the living room now. I forgot how amazing their voices were and how well they harmonized. Beautiful music.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2321 on: April 12, 2024, 10:58:22 AM »
4-12-2-24:  Ugh, that's all I have to say. In the past If I felt a tweak lifting I would push through it and of course it turned it into a big tweak. Doing power cleans and every set I felt pain in my hip and down my thigh. Older and wiser me stopped the workout. Tomorrow is another day.

Maybe I am doing too much at my age. Bill Pearl said to avoid training to failure and I am always pursuing it. Training to failure and testing that one rep are training protocols for your teens, 20's, 30's, 40's and into your 50's. Into your mid sixties maybe it's time to train hard but back off the failure stuff till the last set using volume.

I think my odometer is pretty high at this point from all the physical stuff I have done in my life. I think the trick is to get into your 70's in one piece and not hobbled with working dick, lol.

Look at all the operations of the pros. Arnold, Lou and Stallone had shoulders. Lou and Clarence Bass had their hips replaced. Never mind all the knee and elbow operation. So far I lucked out with just one orthopedic operation for a ripped bicep.  My orthopedic surgeon is an honest guy when he examined my partially torn rotator cuff on one side and partially damaged labrum on the other. He said he couldn't guarantee me I would be better off after the operation. He said testing both shoulders for strength is that they were very strong in his words and he would advise against operating. He said to use caution with lifting. He doesn't know me very well. I'm joking.

I have made changes in the the past 10 years. No singles with deadlifts.  I rarely bench with a bar. When my shoulders act up I use decline pressing for zero pain. I also rarely use barbell squats even though I did them twice this week. I found machine squats, dumbbell squats and no weight squats productive. As you age another consideration is compressing your spine as the disks wear out. If they get to compressed anywhere from your neck down you are in for a world of hurt as nerves are crunched.

Yes many old guys and load up the bar in barbell squats and have zero problems but it can be risky as you get white hair and into the grumpy years. Machine squats takes out the balance and much of the lower back compression with barbell squats if you have a forward tilt while squatting. Dumbbell squats are so hard that a much lighter weight can be used with the same benefits. Technique is holding the dumbbell at your sides with straps. Keep an upright back and sink to maximum depth.  If you are bending over you are deadlifting the weight and not doing a real dumbbell squat.

Power cleans 4x3 reps

Anyway off to pick up the grand daughter from school and hang with her and her dog till Mom gets off of work. Then I might have some whisky on the rocks. Is this where a teetotaler calls me a drunk because I have a drink three days a week, lol. I comb my hair with Brylcreem and it doesn't make me a barber. Wait, I do cut my own hair, lol.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2322 on: April 12, 2024, 01:14:27 PM »
"All you can do is all you can do." -- Al Williams

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2323 on: April 14, 2024, 12:38:24 PM »
Neglecting this training log again.  Hope to be up and logging tomorrow. Today I ran slow for 3:11 miles and did about four 50 yard strides after.  My bad leg held up for the most part.  Weight is 172 and now the summer push begins. I want to be 162 for my annual beach vacation in Myrtle beach.  It nuts. I live by the beach but I drive 650 miles to go to another beach, lol. The ocean is so much warmer down there and it's never rough for some reason. In NJ the ocean at times can be a blender of currents and waves.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2324 on: April 15, 2024, 06:24:02 AM »
Neglecting this training log again.  Hope to be up and logging tomorrow. Today I ran slow for 3:11 miles and did about four 50 yard strides after.  My bad leg held up for the most part.  Weight is 172 and now the summer push begins. I want to be 162 for my annual beach vacation in Myrtle beach.  It nuts. I live by the beach but I drive 650 miles to go to another beach, lol. The ocean is so much warmer down there and it's never rough for some reason. In NJ the ocean at times can be a blender of currents and waves.
I find keeping a training log very tiring & as i wrote before i train more "freestyle" nowadays. I might radically change my mind what exercise i will do because at that moment it doesn´t feel good.
Don´t feel you have to post your workouts but rather just post up the positive ones.