Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 694412 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:01 AM »
Hello Mr. Nubret. It is an honor to have a legend such as yourself here talking with us. I was just wondering if you still talk to or have seen any of the "guys" like Arnold, Sergio, Lou, Columbo, Zane etc? Do you keep in contact with any of them? And which modern day bodybuilders physique do you like the best? Thank you.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2006, 09:27:27 AM »
That can be sure, that happen to me in 1960 when I competed in the IFBB universe in Canada, they just gave me the title of "THE MOST MUCULAR MAN IN THE WORLD" as a black man at this time could not win the Mr. Universe contest and 2 decades after when MAKAWI won the same title things have change, but Ben Weider has to tell him : YOU SEE MAKAWY YOU ARE BLACK ARAB AND YOU JUST WON THE TITLE OF MISTER UNIVERSE" thing has change since, but I don't think it is because of Weider.

Serge

:o :o :o :o

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2006, 09:58:23 AM »
I did 25 movies, in one of them I was faking making love to a nice girl, and Weider took that as a pretexte to suspends me from the Mr. olympia, but every body know that is not why, it is only because they were afraid for their "PROTEGE" you see what I mean.
Maybe If I was playing the same part but with a man I will not be suspended. Do you see what I mean?...

Serge

That means that frank Zane and Dr.Franco Columbo would have never become Mr.O (1976-1979)

Wooshhhhhhhh

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »
what are your thoughts on Arnold, Serge?

E
E

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »
i cant get nubrets training files to open? can someone repost them in a different form?

Try copying and pasting the link to your browser address bar. I hope everyone notices that Serge just GAVE this information out FREE. I'd say that's quite generous folks. Not what we're used to these days. It speaks to the character of the man. He owes us nothing yet he gives anyway. I'd say that's awfully generous.

I can tell you that Serge trained at my Gym (Gold's Gym Redondo Beach, CA) for a period of time in the early 90's. I never trained with him but observed many workouts and what he has written about his training is accurate. 

For those that have asked he gave his diet on the thread on Ironage.us. It was generous portions of red meat which he used to boil to draw out the fat, 8 oz. of rice and 8 ounces of beans a day (Correct me if I am wrong Serge).

Serge you have my respect because of the type of man you are and yes one of the most aweinspiring physigues of all time.   

I had dinner with Peter Grymkowski this past week. He like you, enjoys every minute of life and asked me to say Hello to you and offer his best wishes. 
and keep moving!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2006, 12:00:36 PM »
fortunately it seems like serge is a great guy, he answers everything with actual paragraphs and has even showed signs of owning potential.

SERGE, one thing i always wondered about you was how you had such size and fullness while keeping your waist so tiny and absolutely chisled to the bone? and without cardio? your diet must have been 100% perfect.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
and has even showed signs of owning potential.

yes he has, he really put Medford in her place 8)

E

E

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2006, 12:44:47 PM »
Question for Serge Nubret.
The biggest difference between bodybuilders from many years ago and now is I think the increase in leg mass. What do you think are the biggest reasons for this?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
I did 25 movies, in one of them I was faking making love to a nice girl, and Weider took that as a pretexte to suspends me from the Mr. olympia, but every body know that is not why, it is only because they were afraid for their "PROTEGE" you see what I mean.
Maybe If I was playing the same part but with a man I will not be suspended. Do you see what I mean?...

Serge

HAHAHA Classic, I cant believe everyone missed this, it just confirmed everything I ever suspected, good on your Serge for not playing their "game"

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »
Yes it was, but I am not about today, becaus be a PRO world champion with only 45 mn training a day, that is far away what needed for. Tell me a real sport that the champions have to stay so litle time practicing their sport? But for me body building is an art too.

Serge

Yes very true, it's sad that bodybuilders today can't pose and present their physiques in the best possible way, you have all these huge guys that can't pose for shit yet win the free posing round it's fucking ridicules. I am sorry to say but I don't think I would ever want to be in the I.F.B.B. but would rather compete in a more respectable division. I believe a true bodybuilder spends more time on presentation then on training alone, there is just so many quality physiques like Rockell, Haider, Horvath etc... Hey Serge I wonder if they would ever let you be a judge, they really need new judges if they want to keep credibility amongst the legends and true bodybuilding fans.
I

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »
Try copying and pasting the link to your browser address bar. I hope everyone notices that Serge just GAVE this information out FREE. I'd say that's quite generous folks. Not what we're used to these days. It speaks to the character of the man. He owes us nothing yet he gives anyway. I'd say that's awfully generous.

I can tell you that Serge trained at my Gym (Gold's Gym Redondo Beach, CA) for a period of time in the early 90's. I never trained with him but observed many workouts and what he has written about his training is accurate. 

For those that have asked he gave his diet on the thread on Ironage.us. It was generous portions of red meat which he used to boil to draw out the fat, 8 oz. of rice and 8 ounces of beans a day (Correct me if I am wrong Serge).

Serge you have my respect because of the type of man you are and yes one of the most aweinspiring physigues of all time.   

I had dinner with Peter Grymkowski this past week. He like you, enjoys every minute of life and asked me to say Hello to you and offer his best wishes. 

I have been trying to get Peter contacts, pleas if you see him again give him my cellular phone or send me his contact by PM Please

Serge

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »
You don't want to put your number on this place Serge.
E

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »

good idea....somebody might put it as their signature

;D

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2006, 04:31:59 PM »
fortunately it seems like serge is a great guy, he answers everything with actual paragraphs and has even showed signs of owning potential.

SERGE, one thing i always wondered about you was how you had such size and fullness while keeping your waist so tiny and absolutely chisled to the bone? and without cardio? your diet must have been 100% perfect.

No I don't realy diet, I mean the way you are thinking about diet. I eat anything that my body want to. But the true is that I train the way my mind wants to too. That means that my mind is controling my body, as I said before. I train 3/4/5 hours a day, so I can eat a lot, 3/4kg of red meat a day.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »
Question for Serge Nubret.
The biggest difference between bodybuilders from many years ago and now is I think the increase in leg mass. What do you think are the biggest reasons for this?

But look how big their ass look to, which is killing their over line.

Serge

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2006, 04:36:48 PM »
But look how big their ass look to, which is killing their over line.

Serge

some guys on here like big buttocks

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

Why not, I hope that nobody will be stupid enough to lost their money to just listen to my voice.

Serge

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »
Hi Serge what do you think?

He's not into skinny white humpdy-bumps

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »
I have been trying to get Peter contacts, pleas if you see him again give him my cellular phone or send me his contact by PM Please

Serge

I sent you his number in a PM.
and keep moving!

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »
Now that is complete honesty and thank you Serge for the honesty.  I met Bill Pearl in the early eighties in brooklyn New York with my DAD and asked about supplements.  Bill Pearl said that it was all bullshit and that you can get the same nutrients etc from real food.  Today's supplement scene is way beyond the eighties and it is full of crap.  Kids save your $$$ and just train hard and eat right. 

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2006, 10:49:36 PM »
As promessed here is this photo I did 15 days before I stoped training when Weider told me that I cannot compete.

Serge Nubret

WOW! WOW. It's really too bad we didn't get to see you looking like that in Pumping Iron. Any pictures from that time period of your back or with a front double bicep?

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:22 AM »
Hi Serge what do you think?

That is a good physic from the side, but you should show me from the front too.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »
Now that is complete honesty and thank you Serge for the honesty.  I met Bill Pearl in the early eighties in brooklyn New York with my DAD and asked about supplements.  Bill Pearl said that it was all bullshit and that you can get the same nutrients etc from real food.  Today's supplement scene is way beyond the eighties and it is full of crap.  Kids save your $$$ and just train hard and eat right. 

100% agreed with Bill Pearl. Those people make Millions $$$ with that, and most of the PROS don't even take them, but the young kids don't know that, because they let them think the opposit on the magazines.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2006, 12:23:43 AM »
WOW! WOW. It's really too bad we didn't get to see you looking like that in Pumping Iron. Any pictures from that time period of your back or with a front double bicep?

NO, but you can imagine the result, just close your eyes and imagine me with two arms above my head. at the same position. and still eyes closed now a most muscular pose and so one.

Serge

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2006, 01:08:30 AM »
Magnificent pictures Serge. What legacy would you like to be remembered for? Not necassarily bodybuilding, but life in general?