Author Topic: SOME "Newish" Pics of my other half, JEZEBELLE!  (Read 54442 times)

mar10s

• Getbig III
Re: SOME "Newish" Pics of my other half, JEZEBELLE!
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
I baked these yesterday.

City Tavern Popovers.

And then used Little Scarlet Strawberry Preserves by Wilkin and Sons on top.

Wilkin and Sons are the Only cultivators in the whole world of Little Scarlet Strawberries.  

Little Scarlet is a trademarked variety of the Fragaria virginiana strawberry. It is American by origin but is grown only in Britain.

This tiny berry is approximately one fifth the size of a strawberry of today, similar in appearance to the Alpine or Wood strawberry. Wilkin & Sons of Tiptree claim to be the only commercial grower of this fruit anywhere in the world.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »
The Hunt For Little Scarlet

By Bonnie S. Benwick
Washington Post Staff Writer

Sometimes when you get to the bottom of a jar you can still find something to savor. The fact that this story is about a particular brand of strawberry preserve makes the discovery sweet enough to serve on toast.

Little Scarlet, the jar of the moment, has its devotees. Tastefully labeled "By Appointment To Her Majesty the Queen Jam and Marmalade Manufacturers," it is but 12 ounces of a century-old recipe of semi-precious berries, sugar, pectin and citric acid. It is enjoyed by the swank set at posh hotels, and by the rest of us who can afford such small luxury. It has been the most expensive brand on the jam aisle; it happens to be worth the $10 to $13 it now goes for in select Washington stores.

But its availability is really where this story begins.

On one out of every three trips to buy Little Scarlet, over the course of 20 years, I have been dismayed by its conspicuous absence -- an empty space among the rows of Seedless Raspberry, Black Currant Jelly, Lemon Curd and a few dozen others, all made by the estimable Wilkin & Sons Ltd. I chalked it up to the good taste of zealous consumers with big pantries.

Tiptree Little Scarlet Preserve, however, is the limited-edition lithograph, the edible essence of a claret-colored Bentley. Near the village of Tiptree in Essex, about an hour's drive northeast of London, Fragaria virginiana strawberries hang low and luscious in an uncovered portion of Wilkin & Sons fruit fields. Originally cultivated in the United States, the plants were brought to England following a Wilkin world tour circa 1900. Little Scarlets, as they are known because of their size and color, must be picked over a three-week period starting in mid-June. A pound of them takes five times longer to pick than a pound of regular strawberries, according to Ian Thurgood, the company's sales director.

"The plants are barely cultivated and are unpredictable croppers," he says. "We often think it is madness to grow them commercially!" Thurgood says that Wilkin & Sons knows of no other operation in the world that grows and processes Little Scarlets.

So the 119-year-old company of 300 employees hires temporary extra hands. Some are students from eastern Europe, who come over for just such work, and are put up in housing owned by Wilkin & Sons. The rest of the pickers are that very British band of working-holiday caravaners -- especially retirees -- who set up at a campsite also provided for free by the jam makers. The caravaners can pick fruit as long as they like, usually anywhere from one to five hours each day during the two-month stretch. The workers are encouraged to breathe the fresh air and take walks in the English countryside.

Some of them have been coming to Tiptree for more than four decades, like Monica Purdy of the neighboring village of Goldhanger to the south. On a link through www.tiptree.com, you can see a snap of Sylvia and Fred Rowbottom being welcomed into the 20-year members' Strawberry Club by company president Peter Wilkin. "Gentlemen receive a special tie, and ladies an elegant pin . . . exclusive to Strawberry Club members."

Kinda charming.

This summer, Wilkin & Sons held a pickers' race for a local charity, to see who could collect the most Little Scarlets in large, flat plastic panniers. The 80 participants included an "enthusiastic" 90-year-old returnee and pickers who came from Siberia and Africa. They picked 407 pounds total in one hour's time.

Once the fruit is harvested, Thurgood says, it is brought to the factory where overripe and blemished berries are sorted out by hand. The fruit is cooked with sugar in small batches. "The flavor and wholeness [of the berries] varies from season to season, rather like a good wine," he says. But the preserve is always made from fresh fruit.

The hot preserve is filled into glass jars, which are sent swirling on a conveyor system that cools them as they go. The full jars are inverted to sterilize the head space directly beneath the cap and to evenly distribute the contents. After a few more steps, when the jars are right-side up again, the final inspection still called "candling" takes place. Lighted candles used to be held behind each jar to check the contents; a bright electric light does that task today.

The company's biggest overseas markets are Japan, Germany and the United States. Little Scarlet is sold in some 60 countries. While the preserve is a "major product for us," Thurgood says, "we have struggled to produce four or five months' stock. We find ourselves in the unfortunate situation of having to refuse to supply to our potentially biggest U.K. customers." Wilkin & Sons has recently added more acres of the berries, but there are no plans to compromise or ramp up Little Scarlet manufacture.

And there you have it. Adherence to quality, not necessarily avid gourmands, accounts for Little Scarlet's limited supply.

How could I have taken this long to describe Little Scarlet preserve itself? The ideal time to appreciate it occurs when the jar is almost empty. A bouquet to rival the golden syrup of a Chateau d'Yquiem reaches up and hits you in the back of the throat, and life is good. The diminutive strawberries and seeds are more distinct in the reduced amount of preserve that's left. When you spread the remainder of what's in the jar on a proper piece of toasted English muffin bread, it goes on thin, with fruit knots here and there -- not the ho-hum coverage and consistency of a grape jelly.

Thurgood, and a borrowed copy of Ian Fleming's 1957 "To Russia, With Love," confirmed a bonus revelation about Little Scarlet: It was preferred by Agent 007 James Bond. "Fleming loved [it], hence his choosing it as Bond's preserve of choice":

Breakfast was Bond's favourite meal of the day. When he was stationed in London it was always the same. It consisted of very strong coffee . . . two slices of wholewheat toast, a large pat of deep yellow Jersey butter and three squat glass jars containing Tiptree 'Little Scarlet' strawberry jam; Cooper's Vintage Oxford marmalade and Norwegian Heather Honey from Fortnum's.

In the end, my request for cooking suggestions was politely declined. "I'm afraid we don't have recipes for this variety," Thurgood says. "We contend that the only way to enjoy the flavor is on fresh-baked scones, with clotted cream."

I can live with that.

A Dish That's Good Enough for Little Scarlet

This recipe is not endorsed by British jam makers Wilkin & Sons Ltd., but tastes exceedingly good when their special strawberry preserve, Little Scarlet, is used.

It is adapted from a slim volume that has a charm all its own, particularly if you are a fan of author Dorothy L. Sayers. "The Lord Peter Wimsey Cookbook," by Elizabeth Bond Ryan and William J. Eakins (Ticknor & Fields, 1981), chronicles the epicurean delights enjoyed by Sayers's incomparable character, Lord Peter.

The recipe was included in the Dinner chapter. Sayers was something of a cook herself, evident in the dedication of her husband Atherton "Mac" Fleming's "Gourmet Book of Food and Drink" (1933): "To my wife who can make an omelette."

Sweet Omelette

2 servings

1 tablespoon butter

4 eggs

Salt

4 tablespoons good quality strawberry jam, warmed with an optional 1 tablespoon dark rum

Granulated sugar

In a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter so that it's a bit frothy and coats the bottom of the skillet. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, adding salt to taste. Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet, shaking the skillet so that the eggs cover the bottom evenly. As soon as the eggs begin to firm, spread the warmed jam or jam-rum mixture in the center of the omelet. Fold the omelet over on itself, and turn out onto a warmed plate. Sprinkle with sugar and serve immediately.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
James Bond`s Favorite Strawberry Preserves:  :)  Perfect Muscle Building Breakfast!

Thurgood, and a borrowed copy of Ian Fleming's 1957 "To Russia, With Love," confirmed a bonus revelation about Little Scarlet: It was preferred by Agent 007 James Bond. "Fleming loved [it], hence his choosing it as Bond's preserve of choice":

Breakfast was Bond's favourite meal of the day. When he was stationed in London it was always the same. It consisted of very strong coffee . . . two slices of wholewheat toast, a large pat of deep yellow Jersey butter and three squat glass jars containing Tiptree 'Little Scarlet' strawberry jam; Cooper's Vintage Oxford marmalade and Norwegian Heather Honey from Fortnum's.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »

Greyhound Tesla,  would love to make a meal out of this.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2008, 09:10:11 AM »
No shit?! The reality is that he just picked up some random pics.. the girl has no clue who the hell is "True Adonis"  ::)

Hey dumbass, in those videos Adonis did at some bodybuilding show a couple years ago (he interviewed branch warren), she was in there and you could clearly see and hear her.

You sound jealous, skinny

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:31 AM »
he has claimed many things on getbig over the years, i.e.: he's natural, he deadlifted  225 for 112 reps, he ate nothing but mcdonalds for months as his cutting diet, space is good for bodybuilding, he's not gay, etc etc-

none have been true  :'(

lol.
w

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:49 AM »
Great looking girl my friend!!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »
we can't all be the 500 for reps benching monster that you are "delta". ::)
never made a claim for myself there "tiger" (you like that one dont you dave?), just egging on the thread.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:23 AM »
TA - your obsession with food is reminiscent of a dieting fat chick.  They are so calorie restricted, that they spend all day/night salivating over food, reading through recipes, watching cooking shows, etc.  LOL. 
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »
Hey dumbass, in those videos Adonis did at some bodybuilding show a couple years ago (he interviewed branch warren), she was in there and you could clearly see and hear her.

You sound jealous, skinny

Manninen has a big mad on for Adonis...

They have beef, but anyone who's been around long enough saw that video so denying Jezebelle is with Adonis in some capacity is simply one of two things...

Ignorance or hate.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
so now...instead of debating bodybuilding rumors..you have two guys on here posting pics of their ''girlfriends''---bunch of fucking dorks--
footloose and fancy free

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »
Obama surprises local farmers' market crowdWednesday, August 20 ( updated 12:34 pm)
By John Newsom
Staff Writer

Presidential candidate Barack Obama visits the Greensboro Farmers' Curb Market on Wednesday.

Credit: Joseph Rodriguez / News & Record Related Stories
Obama faithful hope for glimpse in Eden (11:29 am)
Related Links
Obama visits the farmers' market (photo gallery)
GREENSBORO — The few folks who came to the Greensboro Farmers' Curb Market today expected to find home-grown tomatoes and okra and fresh baked breads and muffins.

They weren't expecting Sen. Barack Obama, who made an unannounced visit to Greensboro this morning.

The Democratic presidential candidate from Illinois shook hands, signed autographs and posed for pictures Wednesday morning. It was his only public appearance here today. After about 25 minutes, Obama left for a town hall meeting in Martinsville, Va., later Wednesday.

Vendors and customers said they had no warning that one of two men who could be elected president in November was going to visit the farmers market until he walked in about 9:30 a.m.

The people who met Obama came away impressed.

"I do think he'll be our next president," said Mike Faucette, a Browns Summit farmer who said he got Obama to promise more rigorous inspection of organic food imported here from China.

"I thought it was about as good an answer as he could have made," Faucette said.

Polly Evans, who works at the farm, added, "Spur of the moment is hard to do."

But keeping a secret is apparently pretty easy. Except for law enforcement and the Obama campaign, few people knew the candidate was in town. (The News & Record was told Tuesday to have a reporter and photographer at the O. Henry Hotel by 8 a.m. Wednesday. Campaign officials did not tell reporters about Wednesday's stop until Obama's bus was nearly there.)

Obama's morning started at the O. Henry Hotel, where he stayed Tuesday night after after a campaign stop in Raleigh. Wednesday morning, he worked out and played basketball at Grimsley High School and was also interviewed by Stuart Scott for an upcoming ESPN show.

After a quick shower and change of clothes back at the hotel, Obama boarded a bus for his Greensboro appearance. That the candidate would be in town today was known largely by media and his campaign staff. But about 20 people waited beside a bus full of reporters for the candidate to emerge from the O. Henry.

When he came out of the hotel's back door at about 9:20 a.m., several women squealed:

Obaaaaaaaaama!

Obama was about to step on his bus, but he wheeled back around and waved and smiled as the group used cell phones and digital cameras to snap his picture.

Greensboro police blocked traffic along Green Valley Road, Benjamin Parkway and Wendover Avenue as the Obama motorcade — two buses and about 10 marked and unmarked police cars — made the 7-minute trip from the hotel to the farmers' market.

Reporters filed in first. The word was out. Obama is coming.

"He's going to be here?" said Gladys Clapp, who was selling fresh corn. "I've got to tell my husband."

Obama strode through a set of double doors to applause and the flash of cameras. The candidate wore a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a blue striped tie and no jacket.

"One minute you're selling baby clothes, the next minute you're being swarmed by Secret Service," Jacqui van Lier of Greensboro said later.

Her stall was the first one Obama visited, and there he took 7-month-old Anna van Lier out of her mom's arms.

"Is this baby for sale?" the candidate quipped.

"Anna," Jacqui said, "meet the next president of the United States."

Obama quizzed van Lier: Is this the grandmother? Is this the mother? Are these your goods? Anna was quiet and still, unfazed by the sudden attention, and then Obama moved on.

"My first thought," Jacqui van Lier said later, "was, I didn't have my camera."

But plenty of people did, and they snapped pictures of Obama as he moved through the tight aisles. Obama signed the back of a family picture for Sandra Anderson Groat, the city's mayor pro tem. Others thrust scraps of paper at Obama, who talked as he signed. (Obama, like Republican candidate John McCain, is a lefty.)

He asked a fourth-grade teacher when school started. He thanked a woman who welcomed him to Greensboro.

"Could you shake my daughter's hand? I want her to remember that," said Ann Cahill of Greensboro. Obama complied and gave 5-year-old Anne Joy Cahill-Swenson a quick shake.

"Thank you, senator," Ann Cahill replied.

Someone asked why he was visiting North Carolina, which has gone to the Democrat in the presidential race only once since 1964.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could win," Obama replied without looking up from the autograph he was signing.

Obama made no public statement about his vice presidential choice. Multiple reports indicate that Obama will pick his running mate sometime between now and Saturday before an appearance in Springfield, Ill.

Obama paused long enough between handshakes and autographs to buy a bag of biscuits, then dropped $5 on Margariette Graves for a quarter of her homemade pound cake.

"I tried to give him the cake," Graves said later. "He wouldn't take it."

Graves did manage to give Obama a zucchini muffin. He took a bite, then replied, "I think I'm going to put this in my bag."

Sometime later Obama picked up a second bag full of corn and other locally-grown food.

At 9:55 a.m., after more meeting and greeting and signing and chatting, Obama made his way back to the door he had come in through. Before he left, he turned, waved and called out, "See you, everybody!"

"Bye, Barack!" the crowd yelled back. They clapped and whooped, and he was gone.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »

That's an old pic and I think he was outed for her being just a friend or someone he paid to do it, it was a long long time ago.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:59 AM »
That's an old pic and I think he was outed for her being just a friend or someone he paid to do it, it was a long long time ago.

Epic jealousy.

And lol @ "I think" and "long long time ago"

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
Epic jealousy.

And lol @ "I think" and "long long time ago"

You're new here so stfu you have no idea what I'm talking about.
Go masturbate over your worn Nasser cloths.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »

Moosejay

« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
that young lady works in one of my properties...are you from CT?

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »
What is the standard time to be around here before anyone can understand you?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »

oh oh....
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
so now...instead of debating bodybuilding rumors..you have two guys on here posting pics of their ''girlfriends''---bunch of fucking dorks--

Because talking about men in their underwear is more "cool"???

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »
Because talking about men in their underwear is more "cool"???
That's funny...........very very funny.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »

What does she do?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »
That's funny...........very very funny.

yeah..as cool as posting pics of your ''girlfriend'' on a web board...
footloose and fancy free

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »
::)